1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Lodging

Old 07-13-2021, 06:21 AM   #1
Airforce Dad

Thumbs down Peach Tree inn

We booked this motel through Hotwire. No working swimming pool. My mom always told me if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything. Read between the lines.
Airforce Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 05:14 AM   #2
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airforce Dad View Post
We booked this motel through Hotwire. No working swimming pool. My mom always told me if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything. Read between the lines.
We tried it once years ago.
biscuitcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 04:23 PM   #3
Coach Man
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
The Price should throw up a Red Flag, right away.

Coach Man
Old 07-14-2021, 06:22 PM   #4
Airforce Dad

Peach Tree Inn

Here's a bit of irony. I had read someone's scathing review of this motel on TripAdvisor about 4 years ago. I even sent a PM to the reviewer. I then forgot about it. When I booked, I didn't know what motel I was getting. Just a "hot rate" motel. The room that I got was not too bad. Service was terrible. The other family that came with us had a bad experience from the git go. And it went down from there.
The maid service actually came by our room after 8:00PM to vacuum and clean it because it hadn't been done all day. I had to find the owner to get clean towels and an extra blanket.
After that, the owner encouraged the maid service to clean our room and give us clean towels at a reasonable time.
I did notice the maid's cart on the second or third floor one evening after 9:00 PM which seemed odd to me.
We certainly faired better than the other family that came with us.
Old 07-14-2021, 07:18 PM   #5
Coach Man
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Here's a bit of irony. I had read someone's scathing review of this motel on TripAdvisor about 4 years ago. I even sent a PM to the reviewer. I then forgot about it. When I booked, I didn't know what motel I was getting. Just a "hot rate" motel. The room that I got was not too bad. Service was terrible. The other family that came with us had a bad experience from the git go. And it went down from there.
The maid service actually came by our room after 8:00PM to vacuum and clean it because it hadn't been done all day. I had to find the owner to get clean towels and an extra blanket.
After that, the owner encouraged the maid service to clean our room and give us clean towels at a reasonable time.
I did notice the maid's cart on the second or third floor one evening after 9:00 PM which seemed odd to me.
We certainly faired better than the other family that came with us.
I generally stay at the Grand Country Inn when I'm down there. Good clean rooms, excellent breakfast and several restaurants and bars within walking distance.

FYI, you will often find maids cleaning hotel rooms late at night, in major cities and near airports. Usually after Flight Crews have checked out and getting them ready for the next Crew to move in.

Coach Man.
Old 07-17-2021, 09:30 AM   #6
Airforce Dad

Thumbs up Grand Country Inn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Man View Post
I generally stay at the Grand Country Inn when I'm down there. Good clean rooms, excellent breakfast and several restaurants and bars within walking distance.

FYI, you will often find maids cleaning hotel rooms late at night, in major cities and near airports. Usually after Flight Crews have checked out and getting them ready for the next Crew to move in.

Coach Man.
I didn't realize that breakfast was included at GCI. When we were there a few years ago you had to buy it at their restaurant. The carpet in the rooms we stayed in needed shampooing. It turned my grandkids white socks black. Other than dirty carpets, everything else was fine. The rooms and fixtures were clean.
Old 07-17-2021, 09:50 AM   #7
OkieAnon

we stayed at Grand Country once, you had to get tokens to use the ice machines.
OkieAnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 08:19 AM   #8
Coach Man
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon View Post
we stayed at Grand Country once, you had to get tokens to use the ice machines.
Never had that problem. But, many Hotels with outdoor Ice Machines, it is common to have to put your room key in a slot to activate it.

Coach Man.