1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Old 07-06-2021, 09:01 PM   #1
live4branson

Branson Terry Awards

Just now reading the nominees for the Branson Terry Awards, and I can’t help but wonder why no one from The Presley’s is even nominated. A founding Branson show, high quality, probably sells more tickets in one night than some of the nominees sell in a week, and is 1st class in every way. And they can’t find even one person to consider to be the best? I find it hard to take these awards seriously.
live4branson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 12:16 AM   #2
Branson Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by live4branson View Post
Just now reading the nominees for the Branson Terry Awards, and I can’t help but wonder why no one from The Presley’s is even nominated. A founding Branson show, high quality, probably sells more tickets in one night than some of the nominees sell in a week, and is 1st class in every way. And they can’t find even one person to consider to be the best? I find it hard to take these awards seriously.
The answer is because these awards can not be taken seriously. Branson awards shows are like participation trophies for little league kids. Everybody gets one, doesn’t matter whether you are good or you suck. It’s a self congratulatory series of meaningless awards given to shows with the hope that they will promote the entity issuing the awards. That could be some guy in his basement, a timeshare operator, a publication looking to sell ads, etc. The fact that the shows continually bow down to the irrelevant people issuing the “awards” is a sad commentary on Branson. The Presleys do a high-quality show and have proven throughout the decades they are dedicated to entertaining their customers. My hope would be they have purposely told these clowns they have no interest in participating in their embarrassing spectacles.

When we first started presenting shows in Branson I remember one of these bogus awards people wanted to put our performers such as Merle Haggard, Charley Pride, Glen Campbell, etc. in their “nominations.” We made sure that didn’t happen. They wanted their potential customers to think there was a possibility these artists would show up at their events. Had our attorney send a letter to one group, I think they are no longer in business, to make sure they didn’t try to scam their customers. So congratulations to the Presleys if they have chosen not to participate. Taking a stance like that in Branson would actually be a justifiable reason to give the Presleys an award.

I do want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who voted for me, now 15 years in a row, as the most incredibly talented, good-looking, charitable, compassionate, educated person in the entertainment industry. It is an honor and a bit of a burden to be labeled with those accolades because unlike the other awards in town I have to buy extra large billboards in order to fully list all of the honors I receive.
Branson Friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 04:14 PM   #3
live4branson

Thanks. That’s kinda what I thought about the Presleys. 1st class, high quality, year after year.
live4branson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 07:20 PM   #4
Coach Man
Super Ultra Member

Talking

Priceless!