1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Old 03-13-2021, 07:50 AM   #1
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Arrow Anthems of Rock

Here's a very thorough review of this show.

https://ozarksindependent.com/2021/0...-of-rock-2021/

Let's "DEFUND THE FASHION POLICE". I'm sick and tired of always having to match
DalmatianDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 08:07 AM   #2
OzarksIndie

Thanks for linking to our review. We appreciate it.
OzarksIndie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 10:29 AM   #3
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Jay McManus = Star Quality

“ So, bottom line, Anthems of Rock 2021 is not only worth the price of admission, it’s now a show that’s no longer a “should see” but a “must see” that puts them in the upper level of Branson’s shows. “

(Anthems of Rock performs at the King’s Castle Theatre Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday at 8 p.m.)
Suselit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 10:33 AM   #4
OkieAnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzarksIndie View Post
Thanks for linking to our review. We appreciate it.
welcome to the board OzarksIndie
OkieAnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2021, 06:42 PM   #5
OzarksIndie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon View Post
welcome to the board OzarksIndie
Thank you, OkieAnon.
Old 03-20-2021, 06:32 PM   #6
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Arrow

Finally made it to this show on Wednesday. With social distancing in the game, it was difficult to say it sold out, but if it wasn't, it was close.
As you might expect, there was quite a bit of hard rock going on. I guess I should say "loud" hard rock. It was solid rock from start to finish. No breaks for chit chat or silly skits. They did have a 20 minute intermission so you could catch your breath. It struck me that the second half was a touch calmer with songs from the Beatles taking over.
Some great vocalists and a guitar player who is out of this world.
Check it out, you won't find another show like it--did I mention they did hard rock??

P.S. If you have never been to Kings Castle before, you are likely to enjoy that as well.

Old 03-20-2021, 08:00 PM   #7
Coach Man
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalmatianDad View Post
Finally made it to this show on Wednesday. With social distancing in the game, it was difficult to say it sold out, but if it wasn't, it was close.
As you might expect, there was quite a bit of hard rock going on. I guess I should say "loud" hard rock. It was solid rock from start to finish. No breaks for chit chat or silly skits. They did have a 20 minute intermission so you could catch your breath. It struck me that the second half was a touch calmer with songs from the Beatles taking over.
Check it out, you won't find another show like it--did I mention they did hard rock??

P.S. If you have never been to Kings Castle before, you are likely to enjoy that as well.
Thanks for the review - I'll give it a miss

Coach Man.
Old 03-22-2021, 03:07 PM   #8
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:

I do like that theatre..

So how was the Guitarist? as good as article indicates?

Would you rate them with The "Goods or Reza" as article suggested?..
Old 03-23-2021, 08:09 AM   #9
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddunerider View Post
I do like that theatre..

So how was the Guitarist? as good as article indicates?

Would you rate them with The "Goods or Reza" as article suggested?..
Yup, that geetar guy is superb. Could be the best in Branson
Compared to the Goods and/or Reza you have to say all are quality shows and all deserve to be called the best, but those three are totally different so picking one is really tough.
I'm anxious to hear comments about Anthems as it is a first for Branson.
Go check it out Sanddune. I always enjoy your comments.

Old 03-23-2021, 08:24 AM   #10
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Yup, that geetar guy is superb. Could be the best in Branson
Compared to the Goods and/or Reza you have to say all are quality shows and all deserve to be called the best, but those three are totally different so picking one is really tough.
I'm anxious to hear comments about Anthems as it is a first for Branson.
Go check it out Sanddune. I always enjoy your comments.
I will, it is on my try to see list.. LOL.

I am one of the people that said I wouldnt go see it because they sing to tracks and have NO band. But the reviews have been very positive.

I just cant see a show with no Band comparing to The Goods or even The Hughes or the Grand Country Shows.. all good shows, and many more in town, most with a support band of some kind..

we will see..
Old 04-11-2021, 09:40 AM   #11
MartyR

I saw this show last year. I really liked it. Fun show. It does what it sets out to do. Nothing serious just a lot of good singing of more rock songs than you can count.
MartyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 09:45 AM   #12
otterchaos

When you all say "rock", what decade are we talking here??? I was all in, until I heard "Beatles"..
70's? 80's? I'm assuming 90's and further is "too new" for Branson to handle?? Are we talking Fleetwood Mac and ELO or Rod Stewart and maybe a little Bon Jovi?

I'm interested. Thanks!!!
otterchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 01:38 PM   #13
OzarksIndie

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterchaos View Post
When you all say "rock", what decade are we talking here??? I was all in, until I heard "Beatles"..
70's? 80's? I'm assuming 90's and further is "too new" for Branson to handle?? Are we talking Fleetwood Mac and ELO or Rod Stewart and maybe a little Bon Jovi?

I'm interested. Thanks!!!
70s/80s mostly. A lot of British acts in the mix. I get your response to the Beatles but let's face it, they're the 800 pound gorillas of rock because so many bands cite them as influences (including 90s and later groups like Nirvana.)

There's a bigger Queen segment, Def Lep, GnR, Elton John, ELO... I could do without the Rod Stewart section but I get why it's there.

There's no real "metal" in there and they're in desperate need to add Rush's "Tom Sawyer" to the show, but it's a lot of fun for any rock fan. It's the first Branson show I ever felt was aimed at my age's generation (40s when I first saw it.)
Old 05-02-2021, 06:31 PM   #14
slbtrout52
slbtrout52

Anthems of Rock

Our group of 4 went to Branson this past week and Anthems of Rock was one of the shows we saw. We wanted to see it because the reviews on it were very good. Turns out we all loved the show. Granted, we weren't familiar with all of the songs that they did, but we recognized many of them. Besides, trying something new is all part of the fun. They have an amazing cast of singers and dancers and a lot of great costumes too. Two of the male singers in the show we also saw in the New Jersey Nights show a couple of days earlier. One of them is from Australia and he has a truly amazing voice. It really is an amazing show and the guitar player, as others have already stated, is exceptionally good. Now do know that this is a Rock Show and the volume is really cranked up. So, if really loud music hurts your ears or causes your hearing aids to go crazy, get a seat that is in the center section and towards the back half of the theater. It would have been too loud for us in the first section where our seats were located, but we did fine and thoroughly enjoyed the show from about half way back.
slbtrout52 is offline   Reply With Quote