1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2021, 05:38 PM   #1
wwgang
Super Ultra Member

Servers

We had excellent wait staff on our recent trip at every restaurant we went to. They were all working so hard. Every place short staffed.

We witnessed a terrible situation at Crackerbarrel. They were very busy. A table of 8 next to us started in as soon as they sat down. The table wasn't clean enough, they didn't like where they were seated, drinks didn't come fast enough. Constant loud complaints. When their food arrived there badgering continued. Everytime the waiter went by they were asking for something else. Finally the waiter said I have to take other people their orders but I will be right back to help you. This answer made them complain louder. The mother of the group couldn't have rolled her eyes and sighed any louder. Finally the manager came over. The loudly voiced their concerns and the manager ended up comping the whole table. They paid nothing for being total butts. I felt so sorry for the waiter. He was really good. He got a nice tip from us. I so wish they would not have rewarded such behavior but I suppose she saw no other options. Made my blood boil watching.
Old 08-04-2021, 06:09 PM   #2
Coach Man
Super Ultra Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwgang View Post
We had excellent wait staff on our recent trip at every restaurant we went to. They were all working so hard. Every place short staffed.

We witnessed a terrible situation at Crackerbarrel. They were very busy. A table of 8 next to us started in as soon as they sat down. The table wasn't clean enough, they didn't like where they were seated, drinks didn't come fast enough. Constant loud complaints. When their food arrived there badgering continued. Everytime the waiter went by they were asking for something else. Finally the waiter said I have to take other people their orders but I will be right back to help you. This answer made them complain louder. The mother of the group couldn't have rolled her eyes and sighed any louder. Finally the manager came over. The loudly voiced their concerns and the manager ended up comping the whole table. They paid nothing for being total butts. I felt so sorry for the waiter. He was really good. He got a nice tip from us. I so wish they would not have rewarded such behavior but I suppose she saw no other options. Made my blood boil watching.
All the reasons why people are leaving the Service & Hospitality Industries and are moving into other lines of work.

Coach Man.
Old 08-04-2021, 06:19 PM   #3
Branson Friend

Very sadly, there will always be a not quite so small percentage of people in this world who are determined to be rude no matter what. You could give every person who walks into your place of business a $50 bill just for entering, and there will be complaints that it should’ve been $100 bills.
Old 08-13-2021, 02:56 PM   #4
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Wouldn't doubt that they do the same thing in other places. Just to get a free meal!. Saw it once at Montana Mikes, but the manager didn't fall for it. He had been warned by other restaurant managers in town, and even was given their description.
Old 08-17-2021, 06:01 PM   #5
Daytimer
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Wouldn't doubt that they do the same thing in other places. Just to get a free meal!. Saw it once at Montana Mikes, but the manager didn't fall for it. He had been warned by other restaurant managers in town, and even was given their description.
Glad he didn’t fall for it. I hate when people act that way, it makes me sick
Old 08-18-2021, 01:30 PM   #6
Oracle
Enjoy The Show

I worked several of my younger years in the food service industry, and it is very difficult work. You're working with so many variables that are out of your control, the speed of your kitchen the quality of the food and the desires of your customers. Some people want to have a dining experience while others simply want to eat and move on to something more important. The experience left me with a great appreciation for those who are good at it and sympathy for those who are not. People should really put themselves in the position of a food server before they criticize too harshly.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Old 08-19-2021, 12:20 PM   #7
lostarm
Super Ultra Member

wow sounds like they did just to get a free food

Closed Thread