1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 03:36 AM   #1
TheOleSeagull
Administrator

Branson Restaurant Review: Danna’s Bar-B-Que & Burger Shop

On August 1 the Branson Courier published a restaurant review of Danna’s Bar-B-Que & Burger Shop. This succulent excerpt is used with the permission of the Branson Courier:

In Branson, Missouri, where there’s a restaurant for every taste, including good Barbeque, or is it BBQ, “Danna’s Bar-B-Que & Burger Shop” stands out. Danna’s specialty is smoked meats, sausage, pulled pork, pullet beef, ribs, and chicken. When Danna’s, and yes there is a Danna, marinade and secret rub is combined with their slow smoke cooking the result is a taste sensation that is tender and just about falls off the bone.

Obviously, with a build like the Ole Seagull has he doesn’t miss many meals and one of his favorite meals is BBQ pulled pork. As each new BBQ establishment opens up he dutifully tries them and goes back to Danna’s. Now BBQ is an extremely personal thing but for pulled pork with just the right amount of moisture that melts in your mouth….. For full review with pictures click here
Old 08-01-2005, 06:46 AM   #2
BIG JOSE
AIRLINE CLERK

Thumbs up New Danna's

Danna's open a new place in Branson West on HWY-13 about 1 mile south of HWY-76. This is some GREAT BAR-B-QUE !!!!!!!!!! Price not bad for what you get and they do a big take biz, so grab some for the lake. Closed on SUN.

DR VINNY BOOM BOTTS

ps. the potato plate is BIG BIG BIG !!!!!!!!
Old 08-01-2005, 11:24 AM   #3
ThunderHockeyFan
Super Ultra Member

We plan on trying this place for the first time in October. Normally we went to Uncle Joes but since they closed we need to find a new place for BBQ.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:32 AM   #4
OkieAnon

Just read the full review. Always looking for a good barbecue place to try. may have to check it out.

isn't there another restaurant down in that area? outside was rough unpainted lumber, reminded me of a barn look to it, been trying to think of the name? thought maybe that was this Dana's, but can see from the picture that it's not.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:51 PM   #5
fours
Catch Cyclone Fever!

Odees is the name of the other place...just up the road from Sonic....or down the road from Coffelt Village . The Ole Seagull knows good BBQ...you will not be disappointed in Dana's VERY good food.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:10 PM   #6
OkieAnon

Odee's, yea I remember someone posting about it earlier, probably will be trying one of these out, gotta have some barbecue and Uncle Joes is no more
Old 08-03-2005, 07:53 PM   #7
agendacat1

Talking Danna's

The very best place around and very fast service.A Must stop when my family is in Bransaon.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:30 PM   #8
Daytimer
Super Ultra Member

Where exactly is Dana's located? Are they open for lunch and Dinner? I thought I heard they were open for lunch only.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:57 AM   #9
fours
Catch Cyclone Fever!

Oh gee..I'll try and help with directions since no one else has..hopefully I won't get you lost.. ....It's on 165....south down past the Sonic on the right hand side of the road it's a white little building that is next to the Fall Creek Steakhouse. I believe it's open for lunch and supper...we ate there for supper.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:13 PM   #10
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Danna's is definitely tops in my book for BBQ in Branson!! And their hamburgers are fabulous as well!! Yes, they are open for both lunch and dinner -- hours are 11am to 7:30pm Monday through Saturday. (I wish they'd be open on Sundays, at least during football season, so I can have some really good BBQ with my football!!)

They also have a 2nd location in Branson West, which is every bit as busy, and good, as the original!!
Old 08-05-2005, 02:11 AM   #11
LeeLee

That place is good! I love their hot rolls, are they deep fried? There is something different about them, I can't put my finger on it. I think I'm talking about the right place, looks like it from the picture.
Lee
Old 08-05-2005, 07:33 AM   #12
fours
Catch Cyclone Fever!

I think the rolls are deep fat fried......when we ate there the table next to us talked about the rolls being a Memphis tradition....I dunno....some of the places back here do it to... and some even roll them in sugar. For a sugar biscuit.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:45 PM   #13
Shankomp

We were just in Branson and came home today actually....We wanted to go to Danna's BBQ, our Duck's driver said that it is his favorite place to eat. Well, we get there for lunch, ok great-we're starving as well as our 2 year old, we walk in and there is no AC, mind you it had to have been 100 outside. It was miserable, we didn't stay it was just too hot. But there were people there so it must've been good. Just couldn't do it with our 2 year old and 7 month old. Next time though. I'm not sure if they don't have air or if it was just broken that day.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:17 PM   #14
OKCtraveler
Super Ultra Member

It's always been comfortable when we've eaten there. I would guess they had AC problems, which is unfortunate for everyone. Don't blame you for leaving, but maybe next time it will be better if you decide to try it again. We love to eat there, the service is good as well as the food.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:02 PM   #15
Daytimer
Super Ultra Member

Are the rolls like a snack? It sounds good, especially rolled in sugar!!! I love sweets.

Closed Thread