1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2002, 07:54 AM   #1
ilovebranson

restaurant review

Just got back from a week in Branson, so here is our restaurant review:

The Pasta Grill - Great service. Had wonderful Fettuccini Alfredo,Spaghetti with Meatballs, Lasagna Al Forno.

B.T. Bones - Great Service. My husband ordered prime rib, my daughter KC Strip, and myself Filet Mignon. We all ordered them medium. My husband and I had to send ours back because it was definately rare. After receiving our meat back, my filet was fine, but my husbands prime rib was not good and he did not eat it. We have eaten here several times before and the food has always been good. They must of had a bad night.

Southtown Grille - There were so many people in town that all the restaurants were overflowing and the wait was 1 1/2 to 2 hours, so I happened to remember this restaurant being mentioned on this board. Since it was away from the strip and in Hollister we thought it would be a good bet. We went and it was busy, but we only waited about 15 minutes. But it was well worth it, because this was probably the best meal we have ever had in the 15 years we have been going to Branson. My daughter had the KC Strip, I had the 8 Oz Filet, and my husband had a Burger. The food was superb! Our steaks melted in our mouths, they were so good. They were cooked to perfection. I met the owner and told him I would put out a good word for his restaurant on this board. So here it is, try it you won't be sorry. This is probably considered fine dining, the steaks were around $16 to $18. Steak and Lobster $29.99. So if you are budget minded you might consider a burger or another sandwich.
Old 08-17-2002, 08:05 AM   #2
ilovebranson

Here is part 2 of review:

Golden Corral - Had Breakfast Bar 2 times, definately the biggest selection and best in Branson. We also had the dinner buffet and it was also very good. When we were at the dinner buffet we also had 2 star sightings. Dino and his wife Cheryl were sitting across from us. We also saw two of the Platters with their families. The Platters must eat there a lot because we have seen them there in the morning on previous trips to Branson.

Red Lobster and Olive Garden - Both good service and food.

Silver Dollar City - Ate at Mary's Springhouse - I had spaghetti in bread bowl, my husband had stew in a bread bowl. Both were delicious. My daughter had a Turkey sandwich from Jack's Sandwich Shop and ended up going back to get another one.

Second day we ate down by the Dockside Theater - My daughter had Barbeque Chicken, I had Pulled Pork and Potatoes with Onions, my husband had Barbeque Beef and Potatoes with Onions. Great Food.

We also had Cheese Sticks, and bought two loaves of Sour Dough Bread and ate it all.
Old 08-17-2002, 11:13 AM   #3
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Thanks for the reviews. My wife and I also ate at Mary's Springhouse the last time we were at SDC, and I would have to agree... the food was great!!

Old 08-17-2002, 11:43 AM   #4
Cheesecake
Moooooooo

Yummmmmmmmm great review........and you managed to make me hungry.......I could have peeled your review right off the screen....and munched on it...........yummmmmmmmmmm

You know its good to know about service and quality....often...as things can change so fast at a restaurant......

I thank you for that Hollister review....I believe I will stop there....and tell them I heard it on this board.......)
Old 08-17-2002, 03:20 PM   #5
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

IloveBranson...I loved your review.

And Star sightings, too. very cool

I agree about Red Lobster in Branson...it's the best Red Lobster any where around and the service is good...never have to wait long.

Suselit
Old 08-17-2002, 08:21 PM   #6
lostarm
Super Ultra Member

hi all

yes some good ones you want to my favorite is the Golden corral.
Old 08-17-2002, 08:36 PM   #7
Branson Addict

Golden Corral Is Our Favorite

Lostarm you hit the nail on the head when you mentioned the Golden Corral. It has by far the best breakfast buffet in Branson. It is so far beyond that of the Plantation and Dockers that I don't know why anyone would want to go to those places for breakfast. Maybe dinner and supper but not breakfast. Everyone of you that has not tried the breakfast buffet at Golden Corral needs to get over there and try it out. I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

GOOD FOOD

Also Golden Corral has a good dinner and supper buffet.
Old 08-17-2002, 08:57 PM   #8
Marjorie
Super Ultra Member

THANKS, ILOVEBRANSON!

This is a GREAT REVIEW! I am so glad you went to the Southtowne Grill. Because of the reviews on this Board, we will be trying it during our next visit.

You know, we never go to Golden Corral or Red Lobster simply because we have them here at home and we like to try something different, but because of the recommendations here, we're going to give it a whirl next visit! Same with Olive Garden. We ate there last trip and really enjoyed it. Food and service were very good!

Did you go over and say hello to Dino and Cheryl? During his show he tells the audience to be sure to stop by their table and say hello if ever you run into them. He says they love people and enjoy having folks say "hello"! They were at an Osmond performance one night and during intermission everyone was going over to greet them. They seemed to, genuinely, enjoy it. Nice people!

THANKS, AGAIN, for the review! IT WAS TERRIFIC!

Marjorie
Old 08-17-2002, 09:58 PM   #9
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Lostarm...very cool avatar!!!

Suselit

Closed Thread