1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Missouri Other

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2021, 06:36 AM   #1
wwgang
Super Ultra Member

Covid and Variants

We are supposed to bring our family of 8 to Branson the last week of July. Everywhere I'm seeing conflicting stories about Covid and Variant cases increasing rapidly in Branson and Springfield. Is this true? My wife and I are vaccinated but the others are not. We certainly don't want a fun vacation turn into some of us getting sick. Just trying to find out the truth about whats going on
Old 06-24-2021, 08:30 AM   #2
otterchaos

Yes, it is true. Covid is on the rise again. The hospital is seeing increased number of patients and not all of them are local residents. Springfield MO and Joplin MO hospitals are filling up again as well. Due to my personal situation, I have been contacted by friends- a local ER doctor and an ICU nurse about this issue.

It may still be safe to travel, it might not be. You will encounter places that do not request masks be worn. You might encounter places that would prefer you to wear a mask. Your travel plans will just have to be made with your own family's situation in mind. Your personal feelings, health, acceptance of risk... etc.

I've had Covid and it was a MISERABLE 5 weeks, followed by 2 or 3 months of just not feeling right. I get antsy and need to be out and about, so we go on a lot of car rides. I would have liked a vacation this summer, but doesn't look like that will happen. (both of us get stuck working a lot of hours while coworkers are off on repeated "I may have been exposed" 2 week quarantines."
Old 06-24-2021, 04:47 PM   #3
susantx

covid

Is it safe to come to Branson at this time.We have 12 people coming.All of us have had the vaccine
Old 06-28-2021, 01:04 PM   #4
susantx

covid vaccines

Is Missouri getting fewer vaccines than other states or are people just refusing to get them?
Old 06-28-2021, 03:42 PM   #5
VictoriasMom
Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susantx View Post
Is Missouri getting fewer vaccines than other states or are people just refusing to get them?
Refusing to get them.
There have been many vaccination clinics.
Old 06-28-2021, 07:35 PM   #6
ggh
Super User

Branson and Springfield hospitals have more Covid patients today than they had in what we thought was the Peak of Covid.

The Variant is affecting younger people (who have chosen not to vaccinate).

Do what you have to do to protect those you love - vaccinate, mask, wash the hands.
Old 06-29-2021, 02:44 PM   #7
susantx

Thank you for your answers to my question.I just don't know why people are so hesitant on getting a vaccine if it will help protect themselves and family and others.

Closed Thread