1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Old 05-05-2021, 07:58 AM   #1
OkieAnon

something new at Tony Orlando's old theater

not sure exactly what it is but something new going in at Tony's old theater, it's in a theater but sounds like more of an attraction type deal than a show.....

https://www.ozarksfirst.com/local-ne...-build-museum/

a group called Freedom Focus is and the place will be Freedom Encounter an experimental museum and holographic characters.

that's what the story says, but it also says "in the planning phase" so i'd put it in the we'll believe it when we see it group.
OkieAnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 11:15 AM   #2
tortminder
Mobile Methane Generator

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon View Post
not sure exactly what it is but something new going in at Tony's old theater, it's in a theater but sounds like more of an attraction type deal than a show.....

https://www.ozarksfirst.com/local-ne...-build-museum/

a group called Freedom Focus is and the place will be Freedom Encounter an experimental museum and holographic characters.

that's what the story says, but it also says "in the planning phase" so i'd put it in the we'll believe it when we see it group.
They have had a couple of presentations at the theater so far. The last one was a couple weeks ago. They are moving forward slowly. Hopefully it will come to fruition.

"dictum meum pactum"
My word is my bond

Laughter is the best medicine... unless you have diarrhea!

tortminder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 12:05 PM   #3
lostarm
Super Ultra Member

looks nice
Old 05-05-2021, 03:03 PM   #4
Branson Friend

Here is the link to the Branson Tri-Lakes News article. These people say they need to raise $5.5 million in order for the project to happen. The only way anyone would invest that kind of money is out of pure charitable giving, because there is zero possibility this would succeed on its own as a business endeavor, even run as a nonprofit entity. I don’t fault the people involved who have a vision for this project, but sometimes rather than just being excited that someone wants to come and invest money in the community, business and city leaders should let them know that not every idea is a good idea.

We don’t know about the terms of the sale of the venue, it’s been for sale many years with no buyers. If the church which owns the building is carrying the paper for the new investors and they have not yet put out any money, maybe that is why they need to raise $5.5 million. The property has been listed for about $2.5 million. Good wishes for them but as is frequently the case in Branson, a big announcement is made about a potential project and there is no money available for it to happen. At least there will be plenty of housing available for all of the employees. I understand Yakov Towers should be completed any day now.

https://www.bransontrilakesnews.com/...35b27efea.html
Branson Friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 05:11 PM   #5
wwgang
Super Ultra Member

Is this the Branson Star Theatre?
wwgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 05:26 PM   #6
Branson Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwgang View Post
Is this the Branson Star Theatre?
No, it was the Tony Orlando Theater many years ago. Then it became a church, been empty for many years. Here is the “for sale” listing posted on YouTube for the past eight years.

https://youtu.be/ZmILH2f5u9Q
Branson Friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 06:57 PM   #7
Coach Man
Super Ultra Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branson Friend View Post
Here is the link to the Branson Tri-Lakes News article. These people say they need to raise $5.5 million in order for the project to happen. The only way anyone would invest that kind of money is out of pure charitable giving, because there is zero possibility this would succeed on its own as a business endeavor, even run as a nonprofit entity. I don’t fault the people involved who have a vision for this project, but sometimes rather than just being excited that someone wants to come and invest money in the community, business and city leaders should let them know that not every idea is a good idea.

We don’t know about the terms of the sale of the venue, it’s been for sale many years with no buyers. If the church which owns the building is carrying the paper for the new investors and they have not yet put out any money, maybe that is why they need to raise $5.5 million. The property has been listed for about $2.5 million. Good wishes for them but as is frequently the case in Branson, a big announcement is made about a potential project and there is no money available for it to happen. At least there will be plenty of housing available for all of the employees. I understand Yakov Towers should be completed any day now.

https://www.bransontrilakesnews.com/...35b27efea.html
Is this the old "Yellow Ribbon" thingy, which closed in 1997?

Coach Man.
Old 05-05-2021, 10:09 PM   #8
mikee
Ultra Member

Smile Yellow Ribbon

You got it. It is off the road on the way to the Welk Theater. There is a mini shopping center along the road on the East side and the Theater is back a little ways behind it, if I remember correctly. The church that occupied the Yellow Ribbon Theater is now located on the west end of the strip on the north side. Not far from Shepherd of the hill expressway. I think that theater was going to be the Johnny Cash Theater. Dino did some shows there for a year or so.
mikee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2021, 03:47 AM   #9
shis1
Str8fn

mikee, I believe the theater you are speaking of was the Remington. We saw Wayne Newton there,
shis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2021, 12:29 AM   #10
mikee
Ultra Member

Tony Orlando- Yellow Ribbon Theater

I think that you are right. I saw Wayne at the Mansion Theater, but I guess that he moved around a bit. He came to the show late and then used the excuse of heavy traffic. As I recall, someone said that he arrived by helicopter from his super doublewide trailer home that he had a few miles south of Ozark. We were not impressed with his show.
mikee is offline   Reply With Quote