1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Miscellaneous Topics > Just for Chit Chat > Prayer Requests & Birthday, Holiday, and other Well Wishes,

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2017, 06:34 PM   #1
tortminder
Mobile Methane Generator

The need is great

Administrator, please remove if not appropriate.

Imagine that you are a 93 year old woman, Joyce Wain, frail and blind living in Branson Missouri as the wife of John Wayne impersonator John E. Wain.

The life of a non-headliner entertainer is not glamorous, but they got by until one day there a policeman is at your door telling you that your husband of many years was in a car accident and had passed away.

Alone and frightened, with only your two small dogs you wonder how you will survive, but the heaviest blow is yet to fall. John Wain died destitute and has left you destitute. Through the helping hands of ladies from your church, you learn that your bills are seriously behind... some are already in collection... your electric and water are about to be disconnected and within two months or so your property is to be sold for taxes. You have not only lost your partner and caretaker, but you are about to lose literally everything and be out on the street.

The need is great, almost overwhelming and immediate.

The immediate need is for between $1,200 - $1,500 to settle the utility bills and pay the property taxes. There is also a need for a companion/caretaker until arrangements can be made to find a suitable care facility where Joyce can live and, finally a need for an additional $13,500 to settle the many debts that John left behind.

The need is great. The time is short and the volunteers from the church are just about worn out.

Imagine if this were your mother, your aunt or your kindly neighbor from church. Would you help? Could you spare a few dollars to help keep Joyce off the street?

For those in the Branson area who would like to contribute to the Joyce Wain relief fund but feel uncomfortable doing financial business over the internet, an account has been set up at the Branson Bank at 1501 Hwy 248 in Branson.

Donations can be made out to The John and Freda Joyce Wain donation account. The need is immediate and great.

For those who want to donate over the internet, the Go Fund Me page is https://www.gofundme.com/joyce-wain-relief-fund

Thank you and may God Bless you.

"dictum meum pactum"
My word is my bond

Laughter is the best medicine... unless you have diarrhea!

Old 04-14-2017, 10:39 PM   #2
mikee
Ultra Member

The need is great

Yes, it is. I just read this and hope many others did too. I will have a check in the mail in the morning and hope it is not too late to solve some of her financial problems,, I will be praying for her and for others to send her help too.
Old 04-15-2017, 07:17 AM   #3
tortminder
Mobile Methane Generator

Thumbs up Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee View Post
Yes, it is. I just read this and hope many others did too. I will have a check in the mail in the morning and hope it is not too late to solve some of her financial problems,, I will be praying for her and for others to send her help too.
Thank you Mikee it is greatly appreciated. Contributions are coming in, but slowly. Hopefully we will be able to keep her above water until better arrangements can be made for her long-term well being.

May God abundantly Bless you and all who have contributed.

"dictum meum pactum"
My word is my bond

Laughter is the best medicine... unless you have diarrhea!

Closed Thread