1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2002, 02:00 PM   #1
debdoll

discount coupon books and coupons

PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO GET DISCOUNT COUPON BOOKS OR ANY COUPONS, SOME OF THE SHOWS ARE SORTA HIGH WHEN YOU ARE ON A BUDGET, GOT GREAT DEAL ON MOTEL, JUST NEED SOMETIME TO CUSHION THE PRICE OF THE TICKETS NOW.
Old 05-06-2002, 02:29 PM   #2
JUDITH

To get the VIP coupon book you can call 1-800-767-1652 or www.bransonvip.com . This has saved us lots of money. Or you sometimes can find them at the gas station across hwy. 76 in from of Branson USA or there is one just east of the Magical Palace on the same side of the street. May get them cheaper there.

There are also numerous stands around town for coupons like the Sunny Day guide and others. Stop by the Chamber office just off hwy. 65 and 248 as well. Look in grocery stores and all over Branson for newspapers and coupon books, you can't miss them.
bransonsavings.com also has deals, you may get lots of stuff in your email but they have printable coupons in there as well.

Old 05-06-2002, 05:55 PM   #3
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

my favorite is the Best Read Guide.
http://www.bestreadguide.com/branson.../MJcoupons.jpg
just print out thes coupons you want here.

also your hotel room and the lobby should have Travel Host which is jammed with good coupons.

Good Luck
Lets all post our best bargains here. Let's share.

Suselit
Old 05-06-2002, 08:07 PM   #4
debdoll

coupon discounts

thanks for response but I am still confused, everyone says call and get tickets before you go, do you use the discount tickets when you get there to pay, or is there really any need to get tickets ahead before you go?
Old 05-06-2002, 08:30 PM   #5
scissortail
~*~*~*~*~*~

Re: coupon discounts

Quote:
Originally posted by debdoll
thanks for response but I am still confused, everyone says call and get tickets before you go, do you use the discount tickets when you get there to pay, or is there really any need to get tickets ahead before you go?
That really all depends on what show you want to see, and what time of year it is.
If you are going at Christmas time, and there is a particular show you are wanting to see, on a particular night, I'd say get your tickets ahead of time.
But, I can tell you, that any other time of year, we always wait till we get to Branson to buy tickets for any show, and we've never had any problem getting tickets. One time we even got 4th row center at Shoji, the day of the show, because there was a cancellation!
Old 05-06-2002, 08:36 PM   #6
debdoll

your great

thanks for fast response, what are your top 5 shows to first time visitor we are going week of May 20, I am really getting excited, we have tried to go for 2 years and my dad got cancer he passed away and Oct. and my mom will be in good hands so I am ready to get out of town.
Old 05-06-2002, 11:22 PM   #7
JUDITH

Re: your great

Quote:
Originally posted by debdoll
thanks for fast response, what are your top 5 shows to first time visitor we are going week of May 20, I am really getting excited, we have tried to go for 2 years and my dad got cancer he passed away and Oct. and my mom will be in good hands so I am ready to get out of town.
My top 5 are these---1)The Promise, 2)Jim Stafford, 3)Bart Rockett,4)Pierce Arrow, 5)Magnificent 7. Can't go wrong with any of these!!!!

Old 05-07-2002, 05:32 AM   #8
bkurtz911

My family is going to Branson in June and we went last year we loved a lot of the shows but if we have to narrow it to 5 it would be
1: Dixie Stampede
2: Jim Stafford
3: Baldknobbers
4: Presleys
5: Bart Rockett

my family consist of 3 kids age 5,7,8 and they loved White waters, SDC too. High on our list this year to go see is the lumberjack show http://www.talltimbershows.com/ looks like it would be a lot of fun. There is so many things in Branson to do you can never get board! Have a great trip and enjoy!
Old 05-07-2002, 08:33 AM   #9
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

The cool thing about choosing the shows is that you won't be able to see everything you want the first time......and you have to come back.

So while you are in Branson, be making plans for your next trip. Notice where everything is-take notes, mark your map. Pick up lots of the free booklets we talked about.

Have fun!!!
Old 05-07-2002, 09:20 AM   #10
OkieAnon

Concerning your question about needing to get tickets in advance, don't know that you would just have to, probably will find seating available when you get there, but we've always called ahead and reserved seats....when you pay that much for tickets, might as well have a seat where you can see the stage... a few of the theaters will charge your credit card but most will just ask for a number without charging it. unless your willing to pay extra and have the tickets mailed to you the theater will hold the tickets until you get to Branson usually an hour before show time. As far as discounts go we've never had any problems with getting there and getting the discount by taking the coupon to the ticket window even though we had already reserved the tickets. The last coupon book we bought we were a little disappointed in it, barely broke even with it like others have mentioned you can do about as good with the free ones all over Branson...or... go to this web site www.geocities.com/krhunt56 where it says branson news and information click on that and you should find some links for the sunny day, and best read guide and you can print the coupon off before you go, believe last year lost in the fifties had a coupon for five dollars off also that you could print off on their web site.
Old 05-07-2002, 10:14 AM   #11
VBeason
Super Ultra Member

Springfield/Branson Coupons

If you are spending any time in Springfield as well as Branson (or plan trips through there), you might try Entertainment.com and purchase the book for that area. I did this year and have already got my money back on what I spent.

Just an idea.
Old 05-08-2002, 04:02 PM   #12
butterflyaway

Coupon Page

Suselit: I went to the website you suggested - a lot of coupons, but it would only print the first page. Is there something I have to do to get it to print all the coupons?

Butterfly
Old 05-08-2002, 04:54 PM   #13
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Gosh, I don't know...could you copy and paste the coupons and then print???

Or right click Save Target As...and then print from your print program?
Anyone else know?
Suselit

Last edited by Suselit; 05-08-2002 at 05:17 PM.

Closed Thread