1Branson.com

1Branson.com (http://www.1branson.com/forum/index.php)
-   Branson Lodging (http://www.1branson.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Am I completely out of touch? (http://www.1branson.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87541)

Lulu 07-29-2021 11:41 AM

Am I completely out of touch?

I am checking some of our ole faithful places in Branson to stay for Friday and Saturday and was shocked at the pricing! Both places I checked have increased their prices at least 50% since last year and that is with this forum discount or Silver Dollar City discount. I’m contemplating our trip now!

Any suggestions for clean places?

quiet65 07-29-2021 02:58 PM

Branson Towers Motel on shepherd of hills expressway. not sure of price. nice and clean family stayed there and whispering hills

biscuitcreek 07-29-2021 06:31 PM

We have been staying at the Barrington Hotel next to the Mansion Theater. Prices have been good if staying 2 or more nights but higher on weekends than during the week when we usually stay.

Motels and hotels are having difficulty in having enough employees so I am guessing that higher wages are leading to higher prices.

VictoriasMom 07-30-2021 11:01 AM

Pricing on all lodging (all across the US) has increased this year due to the high demand but a 50% increase is crazy.

sanddunerider 07-30-2021 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lulu (Post 948846)
I am checking some of our ole faithful places in Branson to stay for Friday and Saturday and was shocked at the pricing! Both places I checked have increased their prices at least 50% since last year and that is with this forum discount or Silver Dollar City discount. I’m contemplating our trip now!

Any suggestions for clean places?

Try Locally owned places, yes there a few (very few) still locally owned.. Call Hall of Fame, or Ozark Valley Inn.... If that doesnt fly try callin 417-332-2121, they may be able help you out.. No gimmiicks or time share.

Grangie 07-31-2021 08:04 AM

We usually stay at Ozark Valley Inn, they have had reasonable rates in the future.

Grangie 07-31-2021 08:05 AM

Oppps!!! I meant reasonable rates in the past. Hope to visit again soon.

MartyR 08-01-2021 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biscuitcreek (Post 948855)
We have been staying at the Barrington Hotel next to the Mansion Theater. Prices have been good if staying 2 or more nights but higher on weekends than during the week when we usually stay.

Motels and hotels are having difficulty in having enough employees so I am guessing that higher wages are leading to higher prices.

I was up there a few weeks ago and saw one hotel offering a $750 hiring bonus.

OkieAnon 08-02-2021 08:36 AM

I was looking at some hotels in Branson over the weekend and one that wasn't to bad price wise was the Quality Inn by the Grand Village, looked like some of the rooms had been recently remodeled and the AAA rate I got back was around 70.00 which isn't to bad in today's market.

OkieAnon 08-09-2021 07:57 AM

the place we've stayed at for years went up about 50.00 this summer.

82corvette 09-02-2021 12:39 PM

Check out Barrington Hotel & Suites, We stayed there in May & reserved rooms for October at comparable rates. It is a very nice quiet hotel with good free breakfast