1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2023, 04:30 PM   #1
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Dining Update 12/29-1/2

Dining for our long New Years Eve weekend in Branson!
Vaskins Deli. Awesome as ever for lunch. Pic Two or DW with 1/2 ham sandwich, and cup of tomato bisque.
She said both were very good. I had the Famous Gyro for the first time. Really good! Topped off with a shared slice of baklava...dlish!
Clockers. Was thinking the pork tenderloin, but we both opted for Taco salad. Really good, served in a freshly made taco shell bowl!
Outback Steak and Oyster Bar. Best place for a steak in Branson. I had a perfectly prepared ribeye, wife had a fillet she is still raving about!
Heroes Tastes + Taps. Showed up at the Clay Cooper theatre very early to get a convenient parking spot up front. Knowing there was going to be a great meal around 9:45 there we just wanted a litlte something. DW had the strawberry pecan salad.. Actuallly more than she expected! Very good! I ordered the poutine from the apps. Great, with that Heroes twist.Slices of prime rib in their special gravy made with rootbeer. Not just the fries, cheese curds, and brown gravy as is traditional!
Farmhouse. Sunday evening, and DW had an urge for fried chicken. She had the two piece all white mmeat. Great as always. I had the equally good chicken and dumplings.
Billy Gails (Gretna) on the way out Monday morning.
Arrived around 10 or a little later. Seating was a walk in. DW had the Gails Ranch Breakfast. I had the 5 egg Gails Special omelet. Both with that perfectly cooked big serving of hashbrowns! Everything was great. However DW said her eggs looked a bit small, and she is sure there used to be 3 pieces of bacon back in the "Gail" days! Still a great place. Just really miss the love, warmth, and charm of the old Billy Gails when Gail was there. "Come on in kids" Sure miss hearing that greeting!
The meal provided with the Clay-Goods New Years Jambor-Eve....WOW!!!
BBQ catered by Flat Creek. Pulled pork, smoked chicken breast.meaty seasoned green beans, and the best mashed potatoes I think I have ever had!!!!
When it comes to doing a New Years Eve celebration, Clay and the Haygoods nail it!!!!
All places provided excellent service. All great LOCAL restaurants! Too many of those great, one of a kind locl places to ever eat at a chain in Branson!!!!!
Old 01-04-2023, 07:17 AM   #2
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Thanks for the review RJW -- reminded me that I haven't been to some of those places in a long time and there are some I have never visited.

Good to see you back on the board!

Closed Thread