1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Old 12-03-2020, 08:19 AM   #1
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Aquariums--Seen Both?

The world wants to know.
If you have been to both, (Branson/Springfield) which was the best experience for you?
DalmatianDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 08:50 AM   #2
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

Well, hmmm. Springfield Bass Pro aquariudoesn't have a giant Octopus...KFC doesn't have a giant Rooster...Olive Garden doesn't have a giant Meatball, and Golden Corral doesn't have a giant Steer...don't those things make each place extra good? Just observing...(btw, I really DO love Branson's huge Octopus, Rooster, Meatball, Steer, oh, and Gorilla, Yellow Airplane, Banjo, etc!)
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 09:43 AM   #3
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
Well, hmmm. Springfield Bass Pro aquariudoesn't have a giant Octopus...KFC doesn't have a giant Rooster...Olive Garden doesn't have a giant Meatball, and Golden Corral doesn't have a giant Steer...don't those things make each place extra good? Just observing...(btw, I really DO love Branson's huge Octopus, Rooster, Meatball, Steer, oh, and Gorilla, Yellow Airplane, Banjo, etc!)
^^^
Dont forget that Giant Camera and the hands holding it.!!
And the completely upside down building...
Old 12-03-2020, 11:17 AM   #4
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Hmmm, maybe I need to rephrase the question as this isn't working very well.
Sooo, if you were a FISH and you won a lottery that allowed you to live in the Branson or Bass Pro aquarium for life rent free!! Which would you take??

Let's "DEFUND THE FASHION POLICE". I'm sick and tired of always having to match
DalmatianDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 11:29 AM   #5
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

Omg! That giant camera and hands! And the huge upside down building ready to tumble into the street! How could I have forgotten those??? Ha! Love 'em too! Well, IF I was a fish...well, I sure wouldn't choose to live in Taneycomo...that daggum RJW would catch and filet me, no doubt! That lake is not a safe place for fish when he's prowling the waters...But seriously, I have not yet been to either aquarium. Had made plans to do the Branson one last weekend, but sold out mostly each day, so I just might go today. Let you know how it is if I do. But I think I would choose the Branson Aquarium at the Boardwalk to live if I was a fish. To me, Branson is just a more fun place to be. Plus, if I was a fish, I would feel safer with my giant Octopus
friend standing guard over all of us!
Old 12-03-2020, 05:33 PM   #6
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
Omg!
, if I was a fish, I would feel safer with my giant Octopus
friend standing guard over all of us!
^^^^
See?
i would feel safer in Springfield with Johnny Morris protecting me..!! LOL
Old 12-03-2020, 06:45 PM   #7
ggh
Super User

I have yet to see the Branson aquarium, but i have seen the outside of the building. I am reasonably sure it will fit inside the WOW in Springfield several times - not that bigger makes better, but bigger does mean more space for aquariums.

I found the WOW to be as amazing as it is proclaimed to be.
ggh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 08:31 PM   #8
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

decided to go through the Boardwalk Aquariym today. I did not make reservations, justvwalked in, and bought a ticket, even though it was rather busy, which is a good thing for any Branson business. Ticket price was equal of a quality Branson show, $35 or so. I took me about 35-40 minutes of leisure strolling and viewing to complete the exhibit. Versus a show of about 2 hrs...hmm. but it was very nicely done inside. Great exhibits, of various sea creatures. And what I noticed was they did not skimp on the fish, each aquarium was more or less loaded with many varieties. As a salt water/ocean ( vs freshwater lake) scuba diver, I was familiar with most of the species. But two stood out to me that I had never seen in the wild, those being the Seahorse exhibit, and the Lionfish. Both were fascinating. The Seahorses were very special and magical, imo. Also a favorite of my trip was the Jelly Infinity Room. So cool! That is something you gotta experience to get the effect...I don't think it can be described well enough to convey the feeling you get when standing/walking throughout it. All in all a very fun time, especially so for anyone who has never scuba or snorkeled in tropical waters. Also, all the kids running around it were having a great time, so don't worry, yours won't be bored. Imo, a very nice and welcome attraction for Branson.
Old 12-21-2020, 06:10 PM   #9
otterchaos

Lightbulb

I participated in an online tour of Branson's Aquarium. Lots of things for children, but not that appealing for my group of adults. For the money, fo to Springfield- or even better- go to Jenks (south side of Tulsa) to the Oklahoma Aquarium!
otterchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 06:37 PM   #10
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

I will not disagree, the aforementioned places are spectacular..but, I like supporting local Branson business's also as much as possible...
Old 12-24-2020, 07:47 PM   #11
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
See?
i would feel safer in Springfield with Johnny Morris protecting me..!! LOL
Ah, the founder of Bass Pro Shops? The Premier fishing tackle retailer?
Kinda like letting Colonel Sanders babysit your chickens!