1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Old 11-11-2020, 10:45 AM   #1
arkansan

SDC Reservations

We have almost talked ourselves into going to SDC this year, even though we are somewhat reluctant because of Covid. I know anyone can justify whatever they want to in their own minds to suit whatever they want to do, but we plan to walk from our vehicle, instead of take the tram (which we normally do anyways) and we don't plan to ride anything, but instead just plan to see the lights and walk around since we have missed it so much this year...

Anyways, we are thinking about coming on Wednesday, Nov 25-the day before Thanksgiving. Reservations aren't required, but I've logged on and can see that you can make them if you want to. Is there any advantage to making reservations if they aren't required? Does anyone know what the capacity is for SDC during this time?

Thanks!
arkansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 11:31 AM   #2
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkansan View Post
We have almost talked ourselves into going to SDC this year, even though we are somewhat reluctant because of Covid. I know anyone can justify whatever they want to in their own minds to suit whatever they want to do, but we plan to walk from our vehicle, instead of take the tram (which we normally do anyways) and we don't plan to ride anything, but instead just plan to see the lights and walk around since we have missed it so much this year...

Anyways, we are thinking about coming on Wednesday, Nov 25-the day before Thanksgiving. Reservations aren't required, but I've logged on and can see that you can make them if you want to. Is there any advantage to making reservations if they aren't required? Does anyone know what the capacity is for SDC during this time?

Thanks!
Reservations guarantee that you will get in...

SDC has not annonced what the daily capacity is this year.. guessing 8-10,000 people per day.

good luck.
Old 11-11-2020, 02:26 PM   #3
KJN
Super Ultra Member

Quote:

Thanks!

I have read somewhere that reservations are needed on Nov. 25 also. I just double checked www.silverdollarcity.com/reservations and that date wasn't listed there, but I have seen it listed elsewhere, just not sure where I saw it. You might want to call the park to double check.
KJN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 02:53 PM   #4
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

Just to ease your mind...IF you do take the tram it's quite safe, imo. They disinfect the seats and handrails at the end of each one way trip-in/out of park, social distance you in line...take your temp...and seat only every other row on each tram car. only you/your family/friend(s) in each seat.
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 03:09 PM   #5
arkansan

Wink Thanks!

Thanks for all the info!!!
I'm so paranoid about it because my Mom almost died from Covid so I am reluctant, but we miss it so much! I feel going there is safer than to a family Thanksgiving get-together
Old 11-11-2020, 03:38 PM   #6
craftemp
Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddunerider View Post
Reservations guarantee that you will get in...

SDC has not annonced what the daily capacity is this year.. guessing 8-10,000 people per day.

good luck.
Somewhere in the back of this old mind of mine, I seem to recall a post by Terry Sanders saying park capacity is 17,000
Sound familiar to anyone?
Old 11-14-2020, 09:13 AM   #7
OkieAnon

Quote:
I'm so paranoid about it because my Mom almost died from Covid so I am reluctant, but we miss it so much! I feel going there is safer than to a family Thanksgiving get-together
this was kind of where we were when we made our plans, go to a big family thing and be in close confines with a lot of people, or go to Branson where we can be keep our distance, we picked Branson but are skipping SDC. havent't been to the Christmas festival in years, love it but the crowds were getting hard to take at Thanksgiving, now with the covid restrictions and reservations think we can find other things to do. If you go though, it was busy at Labor Day and I felt safe with all the cleaning and everyone wearing masks.

on a side note did a search and something popped up that 24000 was the record crowd numbers as of 2014, may have changed since then. think we were there once at Thanksgiving and the tram driver said they had 21000 that day.
OkieAnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 09:39 AM   #8
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon View Post
this was kind of where we were when we made our plans, go to a big family thing and be in close confines with a lot of people, or go to Branson where we can be keep our distance, we picked Branson but are skipping SDC. havent't been to the Christmas festival in years, love it but the crowds were getting hard to take at Thanksgiving, now with the covid restrictions and reservations think we can find other things to do. If you go though, it was busy at Labor Day and I felt safe with all the cleaning and everyone wearing masks.

on a side note did a search and something popped up that 24000 was the record crowd numbers as of 2014, may have changed since then. think we were there once at Thanksgiving and the tram driver said they had 21000 that day.
I think the record number is somewhere over 26,000.. thats a lot of bodies.!!
Old 11-14-2020, 10:08 AM   #9
OkieAnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddunerider View Post
I think the record number is somewhere over 26,000.. thats a lot of bodies.!!
the time we were there when it was 21000 was pretty bad, another 5000 would have been unbearable I bet. I remember instead of having you go thru the gift shop to enter they opened a big gate by the ticket booth and you came in around the candy shop. Maybe they should start the Christmas season a couple weeks quicker or something.
OkieAnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 01:59 AM   #10
quackaerie

Quote:
That, I think so too. At least there, we would still be cautious and no one will be offended if we still wear masks or something.
quackaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 10:53 AM   #11
arkansan

Thanks for all the responses and info....We have SDC passes that we haven't used this year so worst case...we will just leave if we feel unsafe and we will just have to pay $50/ticket so we can extend to the end of 2021...If all feels okay, we will come back after Christmas because our tradition for the last 10 years has been to leave Christmas morning for Branson after we open gifts....

Anyways, I just feel like we can avoid people and even stand up for the outside shows if we need to..I'm a freak and have packed disinfectant wipes and disinfectant spray that I will use if I have to.. I just miss the smell of the asphalt and hate to miss out on a whole year there.
Old 11-16-2020, 10:54 AM   #12
arkansan

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackaerie View Post
That, I think so too. At least there, we would still be cautious and no one will be offended if we still wear masks or something.
This is so true....I feel like if I showed up at a family dinner with my mask..they would all know how much a freak I am, and they would be offended.
Old 11-16-2020, 11:11 AM   #13
lsheagney
Ultra Member

There is nothing freakish about being cautious about this pandemic that is surging at the moment to scary proportions. You are right about being careful.
lsheagney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 05:49 PM   #14
quiet65
Super Ultra Member

nothing wrong with being careful