1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Old 10-19-2020, 08:17 PM   #1
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

Château/Lake Thanksgiving Brunch Cancelled

Just got a phone call my long reserved, long awaited reservation feast for Thanksgiving Day Brunch at the Château on the Lake has been cancelled. Due to, of course, Wuhan virus, aka cnn viewers Covid 19. Only going to serve Thanksgiving dinner, order off the menu, no buffet. Grrrrrrr. A 17 year tradiition broken for me. Guess I will line up an finally try the Grand Country buffet for early lunch, then mosey down to the Chateau for their dinner, served only in their regular dining room. Great Hall/Room is closed this year. Such a bummer. Thank you very MUCH, crazy scientist in Wuhan and your insane germ warfare research, and hey, XI, I got a BIG greeting for you on my hand.
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 07:47 AM   #2
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
Just got a phone call my long reserved, long awaited reservation feast for Thanksgiving Day Brunch at the Château on the Lake has been cancelled. Due to, of course, Wuhan virus, aka cnn viewers Covid 19. Only going to serve Thanksgiving dinner, order off the menu, no buffet. Grrrrrrr. A 17 year tradiition broken for me. Guess I will line up an finally try the Grand Country buffet for early lunch, then mosey down to the Chateau for their dinner, served only in their regular dining room. Great Hall/Room is closed this year. Such a bummer. Thank you very MUCH, crazy scientist in Wuhan and your insane germ warfare research, and hey, XI, I got a BIG greeting for you on my hand.
I Feel for you..

I have had to make a few changes to my itinery this year for thanksgiving and Christmas, Thanks to the dreaded Plandemic and the "fretful five"..

You should enjoy Grand Buffet, they put on quite a spread..

Good luck with the believers and followers..
Old 11-03-2020, 06:34 PM   #3
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Once you go Grand you won't go back!
Old 11-13-2020, 12:24 PM   #4
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

Hoping they will have green bean casserole...
Old 11-13-2020, 01:02 PM   #5
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Once you go Grand you won't go back!
couldnt agree more... best "home cooked" buffet style food in town any day, for any event..

Regardless of the Face diaper.. SMH!
Old 11-13-2020, 02:28 PM   #6
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

Well, taking you guys word for it...looking forward to their feast!
Old 11-16-2020, 02:01 AM   #7
quackaerie

That's a total bummer. Everything's pretty much cancelled.
quackaerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 11:10 AM   #8
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

Well...so far its still a "go" for Thursdays "scheduled launch" of Thanksgiving buffets. I feel like I'm an astronaut strapped into the capsule, countdown ongoing, but a severe thunderstorm is approaching the Cape...
Old 11-21-2020, 01:36 PM   #9
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Got an email that McFarlain's is open from 10:30 am - 8 pm for Thanksgiving.
Turkey or ham, stuffing, cranberries, green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy, yams, honey cornbread -- 16.99 for adults, 7.99 child plus taxes. Slice of pie is 2.49 plus beverage and salad would be extra.
biscuitcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 09:49 AM   #10
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post
Turkey or ham, stuffing, cranberries, green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy, yams, honey cornbread -- 16.99 for adults, 7.99 child plus taxes. Slice of pie is 2.49 plus beverage and salad would be extra.
Sounds like for a couple bucks more you can go to Grand Country. Have turkey and ham, and roast beef. Along with catfish. A whole buffet full of Thanksgiving greats. and regular items. Plus for the same price pumpkin pie. backberry cobler, their awesome pecan cobler. and ice cream

No brainer for that choice!
Old 11-22-2020, 01:22 PM   #11
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post
!! WOW!! is that buffet? all you can eat? or a plate full of food one time.. with a potential price of 20-25.oo or more, thats quite a bit...

RJW said it best... Grand Country for the price, for the quality, for the options, include sald, include dessert and more...