1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Old 10-05-2020, 06:49 AM   #1
arkansan

Social Distancing Branson ideas

We are hardcore Branson fans, but because of Covid we have not been this year....my Mom about died from Covid and after 2 weeks in the hospital came home so I'm not wanting to debate the idea....I'm just looking for things to do in Branson that we can do and avoid contact with other people. We love SDC at Christmas, but that is out this year. I'm thinking maybe some drive-thru lights (which we normally don't do because we do Dixie (Dollys) Stampede, SDC, etc.) What are some other things we could do and not come in contact with many others?

Thanks!
arkansan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 09:34 AM   #2
OkieAnon

the Christmas light displays would be a good idea

I have been looking at Shepherd of the Hills Christmas activities and wondering if the crowds might not be as bad as SDC.

Lot of if's here but... if you like outdoors and if the weather wasn't to cold there are a couple of nice walking trails, one to the south of the Legends theater and one on the south side of the Table Rock Dam area.

at Labor Day the crowds were pretty small at the Grand Village

Tanger Mall is hard to describe, the crowds inside the businesses were small because they were limiting the number allowed into each store, but all that did was create lines of people standing close together outside.

was in one of the craft malls briefly and it was nearly empty

can understand the reluctance to go to SDC at Christmas, but will say this while we were there at Labor Day Weekend I felt about as safe there as anywhere, they put a lot of effort into cleaning and social distancing.
OkieAnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 01:29 PM   #3
arkansan

Thanks for the ideas!!!!
Old 10-06-2020, 06:43 PM   #4
Diane1611
Missing Branson

The shows are doing a great job of social distancing. I would make reservations in advance, though. When we saw "Anthems of Rock" in May, we were the only ones sitting in our row and the rest of the audience members were in their groups but seated far apart from other groups. The Haygoods are always mentioning on their social media accounts that are they are using social distancing when seating fans and to make reservations early. We are coming to Branson in November and hope to see the new Dean Z Christmas show and the Hughes Family Christmas show.
Diane1611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 09:47 AM   #5
82corvette
Ultra Member

The shows do a great job social distancing but the eateries are pretty crowded. Lots of people were masked when we were there last month & it was easy to stay clear of people. Do the drive thru lights at Shepard of the Hills, its a nice setup. Get out and drive around the countryside.
82corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 11:58 AM   #6
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Actually SDC is doing a good job of social distancing, and Covid prevention. Tempetature of every guest taken before you even get on the tram to the park. Your temp too high, nobody in your party allowed in.
Trams are loaded every other seat, and only members of your party allowed in the same row.
Masks required everywhere in the park except while eating. No "inside" shows. Everything at the open air stages with alternate row seating.
Old 10-07-2020, 02:38 PM   #7
arkansan

Thanks for the information! We have SDC passes that we had planned to let rollover..I hate to use them only once during the year. I wouldn't be opposed to trying it out and just not riding anything and just walking around and seeing the lights and smelling the pavement would be nice. We are going the week of Thanksgiving so I know that's a more crowded time. Wonder which day is least crowded? Also, I think I would want to buy one day passes instead of using our season passes, but I guess we could possibly go back the week of Christmas if we feel okay with the social distancing.
Thanks for the feedback!
Old 10-07-2020, 04:14 PM   #8
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

In our many Thanksgiving trips to Branson we have found Thanksgiving evening to be the least crowded. Next would be the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Friday very crowded, and Saturday insane!
Old 10-12-2020, 06:38 PM   #9
quackaerie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon View Post
the Christmas light displays would be a good idea
This is perfect. In some areas, they just stay in their cars to watch shows.
quackaerie is offline   Reply With Quote