1 Branson. com MO Forum
   

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2020, 08:13 PM   #1
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: On the "Ridge" outside the Lou
Posts: 11,167
New place. The Rogue Chef

Anybody try this new eatery?
Looks a bit pricy, but also appears to have what it takes to be worth it!
On the strip across from the aquarium.
https://theroguechef.co
__________________
Voted Branson's Best Trout Fisherman
rjw1991A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 08:50 PM   #2
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,166
Where else in town can you get a smoked bologna sandwich? Gotta check this place out soon!
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 08:24 PM   #3
flyfishinggolfer
Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Lee's Summit, Missouri
Posts: 530
Saint City

What was this place before it became Saint City. They moved to the Meadows and I think changed their name to the Upper Deck.

Fly
flyfishinggolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 11:06 PM   #4
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: On the "Ridge" outside the Lou
Posts: 11,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfishinggolfer View Post
What was this place before it became Saint City. They moved to the Meadows and I think changed their name to the Upper Deck.

Fly
You mean the bar and restaurant place in The Falls center?
https://saintcity.net
(Not the place that is the subject of this post)
Time Out. They were originally in the old Engler's Block pre tornado, and car museum. Although I think they closed there before the tornado. Loved the Pig Wings!
Originally the building in The Falls was McGuffey Steakhouse. The original McGuffey's restaurant on the strip became Andy William's Moon River Grill. Then the reincarnation of Shorty Small's.
Not sure if anything was in the old McGuffey's Steak House until Time Out moved in. Then it was some kind of Mexican place that lasted about 35 minutes! I think maybe a breakfast/lunch place that lasted even shorter before Saint City.
__________________
Voted Branson's Best Trout Fisherman

Last edited by rjw1991A1; 09-07-2020 at 11:12 PM.
rjw1991A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 05:15 AM   #5
flyfishinggolfer
Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Lee's Summit, Missouri
Posts: 530
That's it! Thank you. My wife and I were making a list of every place in Branson both or either of us have dined at.

Fly
flyfishinggolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 05:22 AM   #6
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member
 
biscuitcreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Arkansas Ozarks
Posts: 15,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
You mean the bar and restaurant place in The Falls center?
https://saintcity.net
(Not the place that is the subject of this post)
Time Out. They were originally in the old Engler's Block pre tornado, and car museum. Although I think they closed there before the tornado. Loved the Pig Wings!
Originally the building in The Falls was McGuffey Steakhouse. The original McGuffey's restaurant on the strip became Andy William's Moon River Grill. Then the reincarnation of Shorty Small's.
Not sure if anything was in the old McGuffey's Steak House until Time Out moved in. Then it was some kind of Mexican place that lasted about 35 minutes! I think maybe a breakfast/lunch place that lasted even shorter before Saint City.

After McGuffey's in 2007 it was the Sundown Skillet. Professor Piper, who used to be an active board member back then, was the chef.
http://www.1branson.com/forum/showth...hlight=skillet
biscuitcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 10:28 AM   #7
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: On the "Ridge" outside the Lou
Posts: 11,167
Mr. Fly, how long have you been visiting Branson? Do you remember Chester's. One of the greatest ever in Branson!!!
The Ruben on the menu from the Rogue Chef sounds a lot like Chester's. House slow smoked corned beef, chef made kraut.
Chester's corned beef wasn't shaved, but rather put on the sandwich in half inch thick slces. Looking forward to see if the Rogue Chef comes close.
__________________
Voted Branson's Best Trout Fisherman
rjw1991A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 11:02 AM   #8
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member
 
bransoncutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Branson, MO
Posts: 12,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
Where else in town can you get a smoked bologna sandwich? Gotta check this place out soon!
Branson’s Center Stage Grille also serves smoked bologna.
bransoncutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 11:04 AM   #9
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member
 
bransoncutie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Branson, MO
Posts: 12,535
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Anybody try this new eatery?
Looks a bit pricy, but also appears to have what it takes to be worth it!
On the strip across from the aquarium.
https://theroguechef.co
I have friends who have been there at least a couple of times and have been raving about it. I own on getting there soon.
bransoncutie is offline   Reply With Quote


 

Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rogue One Event Branson IMAX Dec 17 Suselit Branson Missouri Other 1 01-02-2017 06:46 AM
Pizza by the chef in Hollister MO tlhfirelion Branson Dining 11 04-23-2016 04:19 PM
The singing chef tortminder Branson Shows 0 02-12-2016 12:49 PM
Celebrity Chef Dies Coach Man Recipes, Cooking, & More 0 09-15-2009 06:19 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:37 AM.


--