1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Old 07-21-2020, 03:03 PM   #1
wwgang
Super Ultra Member

Crowds

We are going to Branson mid Sept for a few days. Have tickets for Rick Thomas, Noah, and Anthems of Rock. How has the attendance at shows been? Are they spacing out good? All three of these shows are in pretty big theaters. Planning lots of outdoor stuff if the weather is good.
wwgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 03:07 PM   #2
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

I really want to see Anthems of Rock! You are so fortunate, Wwgang!
Yes, big theaters for all the shows you mentioned.
Hopefully someone seeing those shows now will respond.
Suselit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 05:46 PM   #3
cornonthecob

Looking forward to a response to the original question. I am planning to be there this fall as well. Also plan to see The Duttons, Presleys and The Texas Tenors (I hope they do not cancel). On Facebook The Duttons and Presleys make it sound like things are going smoothly with nice crowds, but I am not sure what to believe anymore in this crazy world.
cornonthecob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 08:27 PM   #4
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornonthecob View Post
Looking forward to a response to the original question. I am planning to be there this fall as well. Also plan to see The Duttons, Presleys and The Texas Tenors (I hope they do not cancel). On Facebook The Duttons and Presleys make it sound like things are going smoothly with nice crowds, but I am not sure what to believe anymore in this crazy world.
That may be a tough one to answer as a lot of things seem to be in flux, as what is happening now, may have no bearing on what may happen this fall. Good luck and I will leave it to others to try to get you an answer. The weather/traffic cam is about the only way I know for someone out of town to kind of judge traffic on the strip. Maybe someone on here can give you frequent updates if they are knowledgeable about a particular show.
soxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 12:54 PM   #5
MLM

I have frequent contact with companies that provide services for a whole lot of shows, so I’m not just voicing an opinion... I’ve seen a lot of strip traffic at times, but given the current circumstances, as far as I’m told, pretty much all the shows are way down—- that goes from the biggest attractions to “mom and pop” shows. I would say at least 50% or more. Most shows are just waiting to see what happens in the fall. I can say my show still has a big number of groups in the fall... no mass cancellations yet... but obviously that can change. The numbers for our show are down just like everybody, but they’re quite a bit higher than most. Anyone that wants to know some of the numbers I’ve heard can PM me, but I’m not gonna give those to the general public. Unfortunately, the higher production a show is, the more vulnerable it is in times like these, which is bad for the town. I can say that the theater I’m in has done a very good job of promoting safety for patrons—— all employees wear mask and gloves, box office will seat according to customer safety preferences, frequent disinfecting, etc. Broadway isn’t stupid, and they’re done until 2021... just sayin.’
MLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 02:45 PM   #6
Coach Man
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLM View Post
I have frequent contact with companies that provide services for a whole lot of shows, so I’m not just voicing an opinion... I’ve seen a lot of strip traffic at times, but given the current circumstances, as far as I’m told, pretty much all the shows are way down—- that goes from the biggest attractions to “mom and pop” shows. I would say at least 50% or more. Most shows are just waiting to see what happens in the fall. I can say my show still has a big number of groups in the fall... no mass cancellations yet... but obviously that can change. The numbers for our show are down just like everybody, but they’re quite a bit higher than most. Anyone that wants to know some of the numbers I’ve heard can PM me, but I’m not gonna give those to the general public. Unfortunately, the higher production a show is, the more vulnerable it is in times like these, which is bad for the town. I can say that the theater I’m in has done a very good job of promoting safety for patrons—— all employees wear mask and gloves, box office will seat according to customer safety preferences, frequent disinfecting, etc. Broadway isn’t stupid, and they’re done until 2021... just sayin.’
A lot can happen, between now and the Fall. Bus and Tour/Travel Companies are beginning to collapse, either filing Chapter 11, or, ceasing operations altogether. Ohio's Largest Bus Company called it "Quits" last week.

Coach Man.
Old 07-22-2020, 06:55 PM   #7
ggh
Super User

We have been to Branson for an afternoon twice in the last 3 weeks.

The landing had a relatively few people last weekend, and a moderate crowd three weeks ago. Half or more wearing mask the first weekend, fewer the second - but both times it felt that for the most part, families were trying to distance themselves from others.

The strip was busy, not bumper to bumper parking lot busy, but there wasn't an absence of cars by any means.

I didn't attend any shows, so can't provide any insight as to how they are.
ggh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 07:14 AM   #8
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLM View Post
As one who has been trying to attend as any shows as possible, I can tell this information is correct. I can also attest to all but one of the shows I’ve been to doing a fantastic job with physical distancing. Most seating every other row, with 2 or 3 seats between groups, and no groups of more than 10 seated together. Some are still skipping intermission, and very few doing any sort of meet & greet. All theatre staff wearing at least masks, and often gloves as well. This is going to really be a rough thing for shows to come back from.
bransoncutie is offline   Reply With Quote