1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Lodging

Old 07-17-2020, 10:26 AM   #1
OkieAnon

Vrbo?

how does VRBO work? lets say you see a condo in the Branson area that you are interested in, you book it thru the vrbo site I guess... then what is the check in check out procedure, where do you go to get a key or do the give you an entry code.

never done this, but saw some really nice condo's in the 100 - 120 range and was wondering what the procedure was.
OkieAnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 11:47 AM   #2
Coach Man
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon View Post
how does VRBO work? lets say you see a condo in the Branson area that you are interested in, you book it thru the vrbo site I guess... then what is the check in check out procedure, where do you go to get a key or do the give you an entry code.

never done this, but saw some really nice condo's in the 100 - 120 range and was wondering what the procedure was.
That will probably depend on the Owner/Manager of the Property.

I'm going to list my House in the UK, on VRBO, when flights resume and I'm able to get some work done on it. It's in a Resort Town.

Coach Man.
Old 07-17-2020, 02:02 PM   #3
soxster
Super Ultra Member

I have used vrbo many many times. You basically sign an online or faxed contract or email contract. Put down a down payment and usually it has to be paid off before arrival. Most have a damage deposit that is refundable. VRBO takes their cut from the owner. It has been a few years ago and things may have changed somewhat. Each owner has there own requirements. All but one time, the place had a lock box on the outside of the condo or house and they give you a code to access the key. When you leave, you put the key back in the lock box. You can pay extra fee for insurances etc and almost always have to pay a cleaning fee after you leave which kind of sucks. I have a time or two negotiated the cleaning fee down or away. Only once we picked up a key at a third party location, but that was a real estate place doing their vrbo thing for a client. Airbnb works similar. Always use a credit card if possible, I have sent checks and have never been bit in the butt, but that possibility exists. Some accept other forms of payment like paypal and there are others but at least if you use a credit card you might have some recourse if things go wrong. Probably the 20 times we have used it over the years, it has always worked out ok and have never been scammed, but that is always possible with money, strangers and a distant location. They warn to never send a money order. I would do it again, if I have the need.

Last edited by soxster; 07-17-2020 at 02:11 PM.
soxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 05:42 PM   #4
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Most places now text you a code that locks and unlocks the door.
Once inside the Parking Pass and a WiFi Code are waiting for you.
Suselit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 04:48 PM   #5
VictoriasMom
Ultra Member

Some people in the rental industry call it VROB.

It has changed so much in the last couple years. They charge the owner and then charge YOU the guest a traveler fee.

"Look but don't book."

Google the owner or property manager that is listed on the page you are looking at to Avoid that Traveler Fee.

Airbnb, RedAwning, Booking.com etc all do the same thing and they all are Just listing sites that owners & property managers use to advertise their rentals.

No matter where you travel, to see what is out there, VRBO is the place to Look.
VictoriasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 06:02 AM   #6
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Yes, it has been at least 4 years since I last used them or have been on their web site or app, so I do imagine things have changed, for better or worse.
soxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 09:00 PM   #7
Diane1611
Missing Branson

I would like to suggest an alternative to VRBO. Go to tripadvisor.com and look for vacation rentals. Enter how many bedrooms you need, your price range, your travel dates, etc. We have stayed at two very nice condos through TripAdvisor the last 3 times we've been to Branson. You pay a deposit when you book the condo and you will pay the remainder about 2-3 weeks before your trip. You can use your debit card or credit card. TripAdvisor has several condos in your price range.

Both of the condos we rented had numerical entry codes to get into the condo, and we received those in advance of our trips. No keys or key boxes needed!

TripAdvisor also has a payment protection plan. We had to cancel our July 4th week trip due to my changing work situation. We had booked a condo in March. We received our deposit back. We took an early June Branson trip and had no trouble booking another condo.
Diane1611 is offline   Reply With Quote