1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Old 06-13-2020, 05:21 PM   #1
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

SDC Day One

DW and a friend took in the first day of the new delayed season.
Your adventure starts with a temperature check, where you will score a wrist band if you pass. It also earns you a seat on the shuttle. As you would imagine, the crowd was on the light side. Quite a few shops and rides were not open, and of course, the new water ride happens in July. The occupancy restrictions on some of the shops made it tough to get in within a reasonable time.
She said everyone seems to be obeying the mask rule. Lots of kids which might explain the long line for the train.
Except for the brutal heat everyone had a fine time.
Plus, I got my FUDGE

"Never Argue With a Fool, Onlookers May Not Be Able to Tell the Difference."
DalmatianDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 11:16 PM   #2
Airforce Dad

Sdc

I am glad that I did not buy a season pass to SDC this year. I don't think that I would care to wear a mask all day long in an amusement park. I know that my grandkids wouldn't either. I can deal with a mask while grocery shopping etc but that is only for about half an hour. My doctor told me yesterday to go home and immediately wash my clothes and stay inside.😲 She thinks that I am her dad.😀 She loves to boss me around.😲 I am thankful that my physician cares enough about me to boss me around.
Airforce Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 01:29 PM   #3
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

Hoping by the July Independence Day holiday the face mask "rule" will be gone, so we can all stroll around SDC being, well, Independent. Glad I sat this weekend in a kayak fishing on the Osage, instead of at the park, as I would have been miffed to go through all the requirements to obtain entry permission, then to find some rides and stores still closed. Hopefully they will ALL be open for business in a few days. So good to have SDC back up and (mostly) running, it sounds like.
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 06:05 PM   #4
Airforce Dad

Amusement park

Six Flags St Louis is the same way. I am not taking my grandkids there either. Besides if my "daughter " the doctor found out she would 💩a brick. I believe that woman flys a drone over my house. She knows a lot of what I do.😀😎
Old 06-15-2020, 05:47 AM   #5
WireRoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
Hoping by the July Independence Day holiday the face mask "rule" will be gone.
It won't be and there are valid reasons for that. It's pretty simple. If you don't want to follow the rules, don't go.
WireRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 08:04 AM   #6
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

BE AFRAID! BE VERY AFRAID! DANGER DANGER WILL ROBINSON. So is that going to be this INDEPENDENCE DAY’s mantra for YOU??? Not me. If I do not want to wear a mask, I WILL NOT. Now....get you some of THAT.
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 08:20 AM   #7
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Talked to some out of towners yesterday who are planning to do SDC and Whitewater next week. They have done both before, but had no idea what had changed due to covid 19.
The point is---check ahead with SDC to learn and prepare for your visit. Stuff like failing to get a reservation can derail your vacation in a hurry. These rules will likely change a time or two over the summer so make sure your research is current.
Ya'll have fun now.

"Never Argue With a Fool, Onlookers May Not Be Able to Tell the Difference."
DalmatianDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 08:41 AM   #8
WireRoad

Quote:
BE AFRAID! BE VERY AFRAID! DANGER DANGER WILL ROBINSON. So is that going to be this INDEPENDENCE DAY’s mantra for YOU??? Not me. If I do not want to wear a mask, I WILL NOT. Now....get you some of THAT.
Old 06-15-2020, 09:18 AM   #9
Airforce Dad

Thumbs down Masks

Quote:
Originally Posted by WireRoad View Post
It won't be and there are valid reasons for that. It's pretty simple. If you don't want to follow the rules, don't go.
It's not a case of not wanting to follow the rules. It's being thrown into an uncomfortable situation. Wearing a face mask for 8-10 hours is uncomfortable. I do agree if you know in advance what is required don't go. But, if potentially sick people would just stay home the rest of us wouldn't be at risk.
Old 06-15-2020, 09:59 AM   #10
Coach Man
Super Ultra Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Enjoy your Chinese Made Fireworks

Coach Man.
Old 06-15-2020, 10:32 AM   #11
WireRoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airforce Dad View Post
It's not a case of not wanting to follow the rules. It's being thrown into an uncomfortable situation. Wearing a face mask for 8-10 hours is uncomfortable. I do agree if you know in advance what is required don't go.
I totally get that. It's hotter than a billy goat in a pepper patch. I personally can't handle wearing a mask in 90F so I don't go where a mask is requied. Problem solved.

The REAL PROBLEM is - when someone with a bad attitude says - "Screw you, I don't care what your rules say, I refuse to wear a mask". Who acts like that? Show some consideration for those around you.

Quote:
But, if potentially sick people would just stay home the rest of us wouldn't be at risk.
I understand but sometimes you don't know if you have it.
https://health.clevelandclinic.org/s...vid-19-spread/