1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Missouri Other

Old 05-31-2020, 01:43 PM   #1
wwgang
Super Ultra Member

Opinions

We really want to come to Branson in July. I see things are opening back up. What's everyone's true opinions on if it will be safe to come mid to late July?
wwgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 04:24 PM   #2
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwgang View Post
We really want to come to Branson in July. I see things are opening back up. What's everyone's true opinions on if it will be safe to come mid to late July?
Considering that in reality it was safe to come mid March, mid April, and mid May I don't see why not!
Old 05-31-2020, 08:12 PM   #3
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

RIGHT ON, RJW1991A1! Correct answer on all aspects.
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 11:36 AM   #4
Coach Man
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
I would just monitor the Springfield Media for spikes in Coronavirus Cases in the area, mostly caused by people who are in denial of the seriousness of the Virus.

I hope it will be safe for you to enjoy your visit. But, follow the protocols wherever possible.

Coach Man.
Old 06-05-2020, 02:27 PM   #5
maamaa2001
Ultra Member

I am glad some people are taking the virus seriously. If you have not been touched by someone you know having COVID19 consider yourself lucky. The experts think the next wave will be much worse.
maamaa2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 04:17 PM   #6
Oracle

I don't know anyone that knows anyone who has tested positive for the Wuhan virus from China.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Oracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 05:37 PM   #7
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maamaa2001 View Post
I am glad some people are taking the virus seriously. If you have not been touched by someone you know having COVID19 consider yourself lucky. The experts think the next wave will be much worse.
A friend that I’ve known for almost all my life was dismissed from a Cape Girardeau hospital last week after being there for 57 days. He was not expected to live when he was admitted, but he observed his 85th birthday during his stay there, and last week, by the grace of God, he walked out and is now continuing home and outpatient therapy.

Don’t anyone tell me that this isn’t real, and I will tune you out when you think you are so funny and ridicule it & mention the low percentage of deaths among those infected. One death is one too many!

The grandson of my next-door neighbor, an 18-year-old teenager, was in a St. Louis hospital several weeks, on a ventilator. He’s been out now, and visiting with his grandparents next-door, for several weeks. That’s at least two people that I know personally who have had the virus, and were in extremely serious condition. No, they did not die, but I am sure what they went through was a death of its own to them & their families! From what I hear, and I’m not in the medical field, is that there are often lasting side effects from having been on a ventilator. I never want to find out if that is true!
can'tcatchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 06:11 PM   #8
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
I don't know anyone that knows anyone who has tested positive for the Wuhan virus from China.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I have had several friends who tested positive! Thankfully, I have not been around them I ages.
bransoncutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 07:01 PM   #9
ggh
Super User

My dad's cousin 80 year old, had community aquired Covid19 after 3 weeks hospitalized, is out of the hospital now, back home.

Friends 89 year old Mom spent several weeks on the ventilator but is home now, albeit in poor health. Suspected by not confirmed community aquired.

A couple who's children are in daycare with my coworker, both in their early 30's were both positive, and home for > 14 days - while their children were with a family member. Daycare was closed due to the risk - and just reopened a week ago (my co worker has not taken her own children back). Work related

Dh's coworker and wife 45-55 years of age, were both Covid19 positive after traveling internationally - both have returned to work.

Blessed to not know anyone who has passed from the Covid infection.
ggh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 07:26 PM   #10
Coach Man
Super Ultra Member

My Friend lost both of his Parents, to the Coronavirus. Another, lost her early 50s something Brother, with no underlying conditions, to the Coronavirus.

Coach Man.
Old 06-08-2020, 05:46 AM   #11
craftemp
Ultra Member

The so called experts have been constantly changing their minds..

It started with no masks/masks/no masks/masks
Transfers on surfaces/no/yes/no/yes.
Related to cold virus/totally different
Gloves/no gloves.
Distance..6'/16'/30'.
2 weeks to shorten the curve,/4 weeks/6weeks/8weeks/indefinite

If anyone is wondering why people are totally confused, mad, frustrated, fearful; it because we can't get a straight answer and the answers change daily. They not only move the goal posts, the change the rules in the middle of the game.

Not saying this is not a serious virus but tragically a huge percentage of the deaths were in Nursing homes, group homes and in Veterans homes... places where vulnerable people were in close proximity to each other
Most people that have contracted the virus have not had severe symptoms, some none at all.
Until we develop a herd immunity, this may or may not return. Time will tell.
Dr Fauci has now said it "may not return in the fall" - in reality, he and everyone else don't know.
For an entire country to shut down for a virus that has less then 1% fatality rate does not make sense. Had the group housing places not had the numbers that they did, the death rate would have been way lower.
I live in NJ, 10 miles outside of NYC. We are still under severe restrictions. Time to open up!!
Old 06-08-2020, 08:07 AM   #12
OkieAnon

Quote:
we've been discussing going or not going, we are looking at a little later, like late July or August, right now we are holding off on making any plans until we see what happens after all the protests and funerals are over.

besides the virus itself it is difficult to plan around everything, done a lot of looking on the internet and this place is open, that place is closed, someplace else will maybe open in the next week or so, then others will open maybe around the first of July. there are places that are open and require masks others that don't require masks. hotels that say on one person in the lobby at a time. stores that say only so many in a store at a time.

Branson is a bit behind a lot of places in the reopening so hoping things will smooth out with a little time.
OkieAnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 01:11 PM   #13
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Load up and have a good visit..

We will be there the last weekend of June, Anxious to see friends and some of out favorties shows, including The haygoods, Mikes Patrick and the Grand Jubilee, Comedy Jamboree, Branson country USA and spending a late night at Choices Concert Hall on Saturday...

Should be a great visit.
Old 06-22-2020, 08:18 PM   #14
Daytimer
Super Ultra Member

How do we find the Covid rate in Branson? I think we have decided to come and rent a house and just do outdoor things, like promise land zoo and other things. I sure miss the shows, but we are older s as nd hubby has diabetes...
Daytimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 10:59 PM   #15
mikee
Ultra Member

Covid rate in Branson

put branson Hometown daily News in Google and you will get to read the Branson news and they have the information in there every day Branson is in Taney County and as of today they show there have been 33 cases , 18 active in the county. West of Branson is Stone county and they probably show that information too. Hope this is of help.
mikee is offline   Reply With Quote