1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Old 05-15-2020, 06:08 PM   #1
MartyR

Meet and Greets?

I am guessing these are a thing of the past? I sure hope not as it always is a fun part of the experience for my kids and myself.

Maybe they could do pictures with talent in front of a back drop but with 6 feet between the parties or stand with a safety glass b/t the talent and the parties.

That sounds silly but better than nothing.
MartyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 06:39 PM   #2
cornonthecob

In a interview that I read with members of The Duttons, they said that meet and greets will definitely return when it is safe to do so.
cornonthecob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 06:52 PM   #3
Branson Friend

Major national touring artists are even suspending their paid “meet and greets” which bring in huge money. Many of them charge hundreds of dollars for photo ops, autographs, special merchandise, etc. So far everyone with whom we work has told us they also need to suspend their regular autograph sessions after shows. Makes absolute sense. The artists don’t want to do it, but they have to protect themselves. Shaking hundreds of hands and getting hundreds of hugs from people you do not know is not safe even in the best of times, but artists do it because they appreciate their fans supporting them. Unfortunately, the world has changed and it’s important to be safe for all parties involved.
Branson Friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 08:46 PM   #4
MartyR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branson Friend View Post
Major national touring artists are even suspending their paid “meet and greets” which bring in huge money. Many of them charge hundreds of dollars for photo ops, autographs, special merchandise, etc. So far everyone with whom we work has told us they also need to suspend their regular autograph sessions after shows. Makes absolute sense. The artists don’t want to do it, but they have to protect themselves. Shaking hundreds of hands and getting hundreds of hugs from people you do not know is not safe even in the best of times, but artists do it because they appreciate their fans supporting them. Unfortunately, the world has changed and it’s important to be safe for all parties involved.

Sadly this makes sense and how things will be
MartyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 06:54 AM   #5
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

It can be done, very easily, and with little added expense. But the performing artist/stars of the show meeting/greeting the audience is NOT the issue. Let me explain. Simply have a table and chairs set up in the lobby area, a clear plexiglass barrier/sneezeguard mounted on the table, running it's full length. Period. Inexpensive. Now the shows "stars" are safe. Just like in Walmart, Home Depot, Safeway, or any bank. They can wear humdrum N-95 masks, lighter surgical masks, or cute, creatively designed scarfs on their faces, and latex gloves...as an aside, the Haygoods have always worn gloves during their meet and greets. But, as I stated earlier, that is not the "health risk" issue, presently. The problem would be the audience members, jammed together, in the libby, waiting for a chance to meet, say hi, and get their photo that was taken at the rear of the theater (if that even can still be performed) prior to sitting down and/,or DVD of the show autographed. Gotta keep that good old "social distancing" in place, for the time being, TPTB tell us, along with the theater owners/operators. So let's use the Haygoods show as an example. New show crowd of, say, 200 maximum. Of those, lets say half, or 100 people, want to stay and do the Meet/Greet thing. Form a line, 6 feet apart to be in compliance. That is a line that now is 600 feet long! Thats TWO football fields in length. It simply cannot be done. And THAT will be the reason that the traditional good old Branson after show Meet and Greet wont be happening, at first. Only when that city/county regulation is lifted, can it ever be started again. I'm also, for the same "distancing" regulations, wondering how the concession stands in the lobbys are going to function. Again, 600+ foot waiting lines? Not gonna be feasable. Bit I'm sure that somehow, good old American inguinity will triumph.

Last edited by leftsaidted; 05-16-2020 at 06:59 AM.
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 07:44 PM   #6
Daytimer
Super Ultra Member

Things are going to be so different
Daytimer is offline   Reply With Quote