1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Outdoor Activities

Old 03-25-2020, 08:00 AM   #1
soxster
Super Ultra Member

No fishing lic. or trout stamp needed

Mo dept of conservation has waived the fishing lic and trout stamp. So if you are bored and want to get away for some outdoors activities and still social distancing......go fishing.

Missouri Department of Conservation changes fishing rules during the COVID outbreak.

https://www.ky3.com/content/news/Mis...569073451.html

soxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 12:08 PM   #2
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Excellent idea. Go fishing, you can easily social distance on the lake, or along the bank.
Old 03-25-2020, 03:14 PM   #3
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

Yes, that is a good development. But, with Bass Pro, and all other bait/tackle stores closed...where does someone get their LIVE bait (shiners, crawdads, etc for bass, and/or salmon eggs for trout? Can catch maybe half a dozen crawdads if you are lucky in a couple hours on a small creek, shiners...well, maybe can toss a net and catch a few little ones along with a polywog/tadpole in same creeks, if you are lucky....but salmon eggs? Guess can trade overstocked personal toilet paper, bottled water, and handi wipes for a few dozen of each if a person runs into some fisherman with excess baits....otherwise, kinda up that smelly old proverbial crick....as it were.
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 03:52 PM   #4
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
Yes, that is a good development. But, with Bass Pro, and all other bait/tackle stores closed...where does someone get their LIVE bait (shiners, crawdads, etc for bass, and/or salmon eggs for trout? Can catch maybe half a dozen crawdads if you are lucky in a couple hours on a small creek, shiners...well, maybe can toss a net and catch a few little ones along with a polywog/tadpole in same creeks, if you are lucky....but salmon eggs? Guess can trade overstocked personal toilet paper, bottled water, and handi wipes for a few dozen of each if a person runs into some fisherman with excess baits....otherwise, kinda up that smelly old proverbial crick....as it were.
Is Wlmart closed?
Night crawlers
Berkley pink trout wotms ( THE hottest bait with the guides on Taneycomo for the past couple yeats)
Other power bait
Spinners
Jigs
Small stick baits, and crank baits

Lilleys Landing's fly shop, and office is closed, but they to are doing a version of "curbside"
https://m.facebook.com/story/graphql...kwNTAwMTUyNTc0
Old 03-26-2020, 08:05 AM   #5
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

Duh! Thanks for the reality check! Bass Pro and Cabellas have become such an integral part of my life, I just dont go to WallyWorld for fishing supplies...so never 2even gave them a thought. Sheesh...well, here's hoping Missouri wont outlaw ALL sport fishing, as Washington State just did, statewide
Old 03-26-2020, 10:22 AM   #6
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Sheesh...well, here's hoping Missouri wont outlaw ALL sport fishing, as Washington State just did, statewide
That's disturbing. I doubt that MDC would ever even think they could do such a thing. Although, tye "new" MDC has done some really dumb things lately!
Old 03-26-2020, 12:22 PM   #7
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

the Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife (WDFW) issued a temporary order to close all recreational fishing and shellfishing in the entire state in order to further prevent the spread of COVID-19.

The news came shortly after Gov. Jay Inslee issued a “Stay Home, Stay Healthy” order, which required Washington residents to stay home unless out for an “essential activity.” Well, the foundation is now completed in
the states with government "emergency shelter in home" decrees...so it's a wait and see, attitude. It wasn't until the WDFW observed an increased amount of people in the lakes, rivers, etc, that they implemented this...so please,everyone, DONT go fishing,so the rest of us who are,/do can continue without becoming a JohnDoe..
Old 03-28-2020, 04:46 PM   #8
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

Escalating bans on fishing...now the Oregon State Marine Board has stopped ALL guided fishing charters on ALL waterways within that state. They did this, as when the Gov of Oregon issued an Executive Order earlier in the week, specifying that " non essential teavel" cease, and that "social distancing" of at least 6 feet be observed...both of which h the Marine Board said would be difficult or not possible to observe both inside a guided fishing boat of ANY size, and also the traveling of clients to and from the fishing destination. I am concerned for Missouri as the h
Gov there has also placed the same restrictions upon the citenzy of Missouri...and, it appears to be a case of "Monkey See, Monkey Do" from state to state... I am personally ticked about the Oregon ban, as I have had reservation for an entire year, for an awesome guided fishing trip slated for 2 days in Oregon, in a float boat, on what is the premiere trophy small mouth bass fishing river on the entire western part of the US. Way back on miles of unpopulated and prime wilderness area in the mountains... To celebrate the exact 1 year anniversary of a personal situation I found myself in last March/April...culminating in mid April...now that important event has been put on hold...grrrr... Oh,the good gov also arbitrarily shut down and closed all parks and campgrounds, noth public AND private..so what is a public campground? Tenting, cabins along with RV PRIVATE campgrounds..

Last edited by leftsaidted; 03-28-2020 at 04:50 PM.
Old 03-29-2020, 12:30 PM   #9
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Haven't heard any kind of ban here in Missouri. From what I have seen on other forums, resorts are open, boats are being rented, and guides are working. Don't know for how much longer. The Governor is under pressure every day to "do more".
I think one think that would be helpful is if he would order reports of positive test results include a more concise location than just the county!