1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Old 01-11-2020, 08:06 AM   #1
zalo9
Your message here, $5.

Billy Gail's to be a Flat Creek Restaurant

Via The Facebook...

We at Flat Creek Restaurants are very excited to announce that Billy Gail's will reopen with all of your favorite menu items. We are proud to continue the tradition of this fine restaurant.

When we reopen Billy Gail's you will find an improved and expanded parking lot and for your convenience we will accept credit cards. You will be welcomed by the staff and fine food that Billy Gail's has been known for since 1995. We will be adding some Flat Creek favorites like our CATFISH and super excited about two new items (1 POUND APPLE CINNAMON ROLL AND MONTE CRISTO SANDWICH)For more information call 417-338-8883 Opening Date Will be 02/19/20 @ 7:00am
5291 State Highway 265
Branson MO 65616
zalo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 10:24 AM   #2
craftemp
Ultra Member

I just saw that online today. I hope they don't make many changes... it was perfect just the way it was..
Old 01-11-2020, 11:51 AM   #3
soxster
Super Ultra Member

from flat creeks facebook page

Could not find info on billy gails page so looked at flat creeks page.

Looking forward to some serious catfish. Not sure if the added parking is going to handle it. They may need overflow for the overflow parking. Maybe they will expand the hours for dinner at some point.
soxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 10:29 PM   #4
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftemp View Post
I just saw that online today. I hope they don't make many changes... it was perfect just the way it was..
Exactly!
Change would not be good in this case!

Quote:
Looking forward to some serious catfish.
Already don't have to look past Danna's or Farmhouse. Can't see how anything can be better!

Last edited by rjw1991A1; 01-11-2020 at 10:32 PM.
rjw1991A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 10:56 PM   #5
soxster
Super Ultra Member

I have eaten Danna's catfish many times over the years. Not impressed and over priced for the portion size if you ask me......but that is just me. Everybody has their favorites. Never tried Farmhouse, so I should give it a try.
Old 01-12-2020, 01:37 AM   #6
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
over priced for the portion size if you ask me
For the portion size? Last time I had it there were two large filling fillets. And I mean LARGE! Plus fries, slaw, beans, and a Memphis roll.
The sandwich is one of the big fillets with fries. Still a good sized chunk of catfish.

Farmhouse has whole, bone-in catfish. All you can eat on Friday, and Saturday evenings.
Old 01-12-2020, 10:01 AM   #7
Grangie
Ultra Member

I love monte cristo sandwiches so will definetly try them.
Grangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 12:36 PM   #8
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Part of the draw to Billy Gail's was the limited parking, meaning you BETTER get there early or be forced to walk a quarter mile down the side of the highway...so I always told any guest I had the place was so good, we MUST get up and go early...never had a problem...again, the "quaintness", the old tiny country gas station look, the menu...all these were THE added bonus's of going there...I personally don't want to see some huge parking lot, the building and grounds "cleaned up", and any other "improvements" to make it more accessible, easy, and more "mainstream"...but, I'm not the new owner, so they, as the owner, can and will do anything they wish....
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 01:12 PM   #9
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Exactly!
Change would not be good in this case!

Already don't have to look past Danna's or Farmhouse. Can't see how anything can be better!
We have tried Dannas and the Farmhouse. We have also gone to both the existing Flat Creek locations with a group of friends/family several times. We will definitely support their Branson location!
Daydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 03:38 PM   #10
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
Part of the draw to Billy Gail's was the limited parking, meaning you BETTER get there early or be forced to walk a quarter mile down the side of the highway...so I always told any guest I had the place was so good, we MUST get up and go early...never had a problem...again, the "quaintness", the old tiny country gas station look, the menu...all these were THE added bonus's of going there...I personally don't want to see some huge parking lot, the building and grounds "cleaned up", and any other "improvements" to make it more accessible, easy, and more "mainstream"...but, I'm not the new owner, so they, as the owner, can and will do anything they wish....

But look on the bright side. If they screw it up, there won't be such a big crowd!
Old 01-12-2020, 05:09 PM   #11
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
For the portion size? Last time I had it there were two large filling fillets. And I mean LARGE! Plus fries, slaw, beans, and a Memphis roll.
The sandwich is one of the big fillets with fries. Still a good sized chunk of catfish.

Farmhouse has whole, bone-in catfish. All you can eat on Friday, and Saturday evenings.
Thanks for the heads up on the catfish bone in. A no go with the wife, and I prefer it without it.
Old 01-12-2020, 07:35 PM   #12
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member

This is good news to me! I was drawn away from Billy Gail’s by the haphazard and sparce parking. I don’t mind a reasonable wait to be seated, but every time I tried going there, the wait was so long or I couldn’t even find a place to park that I just said “forget it” and I went to Hungry Hunter. I’m looking forward to actually trying it on future trips now that Flat Creek owns it and is making improvements. I love Danna’s Catfish plate, and it is a LOT of food, But I also love the catfish at Flat Creek. It’s a win-win situation the way I see it.
can'tcatchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 07:59 AM   #13
Baldwin

Can't wait to try the new.
Baldwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 06:27 PM   #14
titleman

QUOTE=leftsaidted;936998]Part of the draw to Billy Gail's was the limited parking, meaning you BETTER get there early or be forced to walk a quarter mile down the side of the highway...so I always told any guest I had the place was so good, we MUST get up and go early...never had a problem...again, the "quaintness", the old tiny country gas station look, the menu...all these were THE added bonus's of going there...I personally don't want to see some huge parking lot, the building and grounds "cleaned up", and any other "improvements" to make it more accessible, easy, and more "mainstream"...but, I'm not the new owner, so they, as the owner, can and will do anything they wish....[/QUOTE]

I agree with you. The place was very unique, you had to wait so it must be good, parking was non-existent and the owner stopped by and talked to you. In the end I have to ask, how many ways can you cook a breakfast?
titleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 07:22 PM   #15
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

[QUOTE=titleman;. In the end I have to ask, how many ways can you cook a breakfast?[/QUOTE]

^^^^

simple answer.

You can cook it Billy Gail's way....... or not.