1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Eureka Springs Arkansas

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2020, 03:47 PM   #1
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

The charlatan of the ozarks still looms over the haunted crescent hotel

“They found the bottles buried on the edge of the woods behind the hotel last spring. Specimen bottles mostly, each about the size of a jam jar give or take, many intact, some still filled with clear liquid yellowing to brown then molasses black, the wax and rubber seals of the glass stoppers cracked but somehow holding after 80 years in the ground; others pristine, as if they’d just been shipped from the lab. In the first hour or so the groundskeeper unearthed scores of them, but even in the bright light of morning it was impossible to judge which body parts they held.
By the end of that day the staff had pulled hundreds from the tree line down the hill and everyone in Eureka Springs knew what they’d found. The next day everyone in Arkansas knew and by the end of the week everyone in America knew they’d found bottles and jars and “body parts” behind the Crescent Hotel, and that the sheriff and the coroner had come and gone, and the archaeology team from the university in Fayetteville was on its way.”

SMITHSONIAN MAGAZINE | January 2020
More here plus photos :
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/histo...tel-180973743/
Old 01-08-2020, 03:57 PM   #2
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

Other than being a quack, and a charlatan, he sounds like a kinda cool guy..I like his flair, his clothing choices....I would have loved to meet him! I mean, can you imagine standing beside a CORD automobile, that is painted "Electric Lavender" in the 1930"s?? It had to be mind blowing. Shoot, I would LOVE to do that, today!

Closed Thread