1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Old 12-29-2019, 05:53 PM   #1
OkieAnon

Accident at SDC

Saw on Facebook woman was medi flighted fro sdc after serious injuries from jumping off the tram while still moving
OkieAnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 06:43 PM   #2
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Here's the KY3 link:

https://www.ky3.com/content/news/Wom...566552781.html
biscuitcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 09:11 PM   #3
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Don't know the details, but I am pretty sure they were probably instructed to remain seated until all clear is given.....a least a few times. Hope she has a full recovery.
soxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 09:01 AM   #4
OkieAnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxster View Post
Don't know the details, but I am pretty sure they were probably instructed to remain seated until all clear is given.....a least a few times. Hope she has a full recovery.
first thing I thought of when I read it was how many times I've heard.. do not exit the tram until it comes to a complete stop and we give you the ok.
OkieAnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 12:49 PM   #5
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon View Post
first thing I thought of when I read it was how many times I've heard.. do not exit the tram until it comes to a complete stop and we give you the ok.
I have heard it so many times, I could recite it in my sleep. Wonder if the public will ever hear the exact circumstances. Well at least it was not 30 ft in the air.
Old 12-30-2019, 04:40 PM   #6
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

So now she's be inundated with shyster lawyers seeing a big settlement. Then SDC will discontinue the trams. Replacing them with more busses, which I hate! Then have to raise the ticket prices to cover the cost of the new busses.
Stupidity hurts everybody!
Old 12-30-2019, 06:23 PM   #7
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

TORT REFORM! If you are injured/killed because of something YOU did, in total disregard of established and published safety guidelines (in other words, STUPIDITY), then NO LAWSUIT can ever be filed. All personal injury lawsuits would first go before a panel who would review the allegation, then the established safety rules...within 48 hours the attorneys of both sides would receive their binding answer...and no appeal could ever be done, if the panel decided SELF INDUCED VIA STUPIDITY AND BLATANT DISREGARD of the Safety rules of the establishment. If there were none posted, written or verbally communicated via witness's to the person injured, then the panel could say "Valid Lawsuit", and it could then proceed through the legal channels into a courtroom with a jury.
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2019, 12:12 PM   #8
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Do we know if she was injured getting off the tram before it had completely stopped or while it was in motion going down the road?
biscuitcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 07:09 AM   #9
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post
Do we know if she was injured getting off the tram before it had completely stopped or while it was in motion going down the road?
According to the report, she was getting off the tram while it was moving.
bransoncutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 09:26 AM   #10
justgohogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransoncutie View Post
According to the report, she was getting off the tram while it was moving.
That's what I read also. Very sorry the woman was injured but you have to follow the rules. A couple of years ago, my (now) 10 year old grandson and I were riding the tram to the park. He wanted to sit on the outside (not the entry but next to the rail) when the tram 'conductor' asked that he sit on the other side of me. He's a big kid for his age but we obliged. He wanted to know why he couldn't sit where he wanted to and my answer was '...because it's their park and they make the rules...'.
justgohogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 10:06 AM   #11
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justgohogs View Post
That's what I read also. Very sorry the woman was injured but you have to follow the rules. A couple of years ago, my (now) 10 year old grandson and I were riding the tram to the park. He wanted to sit on the outside (not the entry but next to the rail) when the tram 'conductor' asked that he sit on the other side of me. He's a big kid for his age but we obliged. He wanted to know why he couldn't sit where he wanted to and my answer was '...because it's their park and they make the rules...'.
Yup. And those rules are often there to protect the guests...and the park from legal action when some guests don't follow those rules.
bransoncutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 12:39 PM   #12
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Very sorry the woman was injured but you have to follow the rules.
I don't have much sorrow for negligent stupidity!
Old 01-01-2020, 12:56 PM   #13
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Well until more info comes out (which may not)..... who knows what the circumstances were. Itching to get off ahead of the others? Medical emergency/issue? Cognitive issues? Deaf? A lot of speculation/possibilities.

Last edited by soxster; 01-01-2020 at 10:12 PM.
Old 01-02-2020, 09:57 AM   #14
WireRoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
I don't have much sorrow for negligent stupidity!
Lots of variables here. What if she tried to get off the tram due to a medical or psychiatric condition? Bottom line is - guess who will end up paying? SDC. Drop in the bucket. That's what insurance is for.
WireRoad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 08:54 AM   #15
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Quoted: "...Drop in the bucket. That's what insurance is for".

Um, WHAT??? Do you think an insurance company pays out large cash settlements happily, turns around to their insured client, and slaps them on the back, and tells them, hey, no big deal! Good job! NO! NO! NO! Just the opposite happens in business....the insurance pays out when it is forced to...then turns around IMMEDIATELY and RAISES the premiums the business MUST PAY to stay full insured and in business. And then the stockholders/owners PASS THAT INCREASED cost on to the consumer...which is YOU AND ME! There is no "Free Lunch" in life...and doubly so in the business world.
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote