1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Missouri Other

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2019, 09:01 AM   #1
wwgang
Super Ultra Member

What closes down

I have always been curious what happens in Branson Jan and Feb? I know when show open and close. Curious do all the hotels, restaurants, craft and gift shops, close down?
Old 12-29-2019, 09:34 AM   #2
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Some motels close. Some restaurants close. Some stores close. Branson Meadows outlet mall reduces hours, closes at 6.
Old 12-29-2019, 10:11 AM   #3
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

But its a good time to be/visit/live in Branson! NO crowds, no traffic, just locals going about their business...you feel like you have the entire town to yourself! Plenty enough restaurants are open to satisfy, movie theatre is open, lots enough of other things for entertainment also, if you look. It's just a nice, quiet and peaceful time of the year to be in Branson....
Old 12-29-2019, 03:56 PM   #4
Baldwin

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
But its a good time to be/visit/live in Branson! NO crowds, no traffic, just locals going about their business...you feel like you have the entire town to yourself! Plenty enough restaurants are open to satisfy, movie theatre is open, lots enough of other things for entertainment also, if you look. It's just a nice, quiet and peaceful time of the year to be in Branson....
Old 12-30-2019, 03:53 PM   #5
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwgang View Post
I have always been curious what happens in Branson Jan and Feb? I know when show open and close. Curious do all the hotels, restaurants, craft and gift shops, close down?
Yet another opportunity for some marketing genius to come up with a list of everything that is open and broadcast it far and wide which no doubt would pump up the numbers of local and tourist $$ during this slow period.
On the other hand, as a local I kinda like a little slow.

"Never Argue With a Fool, Onlookers May Not Be Able to Tell the Difference."
Old 12-30-2019, 08:38 PM   #6
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Yes, sitting in the 76 hwy parking lot waiting to get home, while others are patiently trying to get into SDC, goes away for awhile. Driving options open up for the locals.

Last edited by soxster; 12-30-2019 at 08:44 PM.
Old 12-31-2019, 02:28 PM   #7
wwgang
Super Ultra Member

I was curious about what do workers do? Waitresses, hotel staff, theater staff etc. I wasn't sure what stayed open but with any closures in sure it's hard to retain staff.
Old 01-01-2020, 06:12 AM   #8
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwgang View Post
I was curious about what do workers do? Waitresses, hotel staff, theater staff etc. I wasn't sure what stayed open but with any closures in sure it's hard to retain staff.
That's one reason there's a lot of turn over a some places of business. A lot of the folk go on unemployment for the time they are laid off over the winter. It's a rough way to live, let me tell you. You barely squeak by over the lay off period, and then play catch up with your finances the next couple of months. Most of those in these jobs are pretty much living paycheck-to-paycheck as it is, so it's really tough to try and get money set aside to help make it through the winter. (Always a quick suggestion from those who have never been seasonal workers).
Old 01-01-2020, 01:07 PM   #9
leftsaidted
Super Ultra Member

Ok..but...I have never, since 2010/11-ish...seen the time when I could not, IF I WANTED OR NEEDED TO...simply drive to Springfield (or even Ozark) and get a job (full time or part time) for 2-3 months! Especially the last couple years, there are HELP WANTED signs EVERYWHERE, as with the economy rolling like it is, almost every business, large or small, is in need of people WHO WILL WORK (and want to). So....um...yea, I just say, go get ANOTHER job for a couple months or so...it's quite easily done!

Closed Thread