1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Old 11-24-2019, 06:50 AM   #1
flyfishinggolfer
Ultra Member

Mushroom Pizza

Met a friend at the Mushroom Pizza on the Landing. I got there early and noticed plenty of high top tables sitting open. I asked for a high top for two.
I was told I had a 25-30 minute wait. I pointed to the open tables. No can do. Shift change. So I waited at the bar, ordered a beer and watched muted TV with my friend. True to their word 25 minutes later I am texted that my table is ready. We walked past 3-4 open high tops, reported to the front desk and were seated in a booth. I hate booths, but was done fighting about the seating. Service was fine. Pizza was good, but it is pretty hard to mess up a pizza. I will keep trying until I get a high top table that is open, when I walk in. I am on a mission!

Fly
flyfishinggolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 10:58 AM   #2
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

The name isn't Mellow Mushroom for nothing. Maybe the staff was on a break for some "magic"
Old 11-24-2019, 12:39 PM   #3
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Half an hour for a "shift change"...I call BULL! No restaurant should ever staff so a customer must wait ANY length of time (but a half hour? INTOLERABLE!) for staff changeovers. So if this is actually how their manager staffs the hours at that restaurant...no thanks for me...I refuse to patronize places where THINKING is nonexistant...Hopefully you left a big fat ZERO tip, with a written explanation on the restaurant copy as to why you did so.
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 12:47 PM   #4
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

LOL, just say no.. Bet you would not have that problem at Rocco's..
Old 11-24-2019, 09:14 PM   #5
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Just told this story to my DH -- Mellow Mushroom now marked off our list to try.
biscuitcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 06:56 AM   #6
KJN
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post
Just told this story to my DH -- Mellow Mushroom now marked off our list to try.
We're thinking the same thing! Many other wonderful places to eat in Branson!
KJN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 08:07 AM   #7
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJN View Post
We're thinking the same thing! Many other wonderful places to eat in Branson!
Lots of quality, locally owned places in town to eat, that appreciate your business.

Always shop and support locally owned if I can..
Old 11-25-2019, 10:38 AM   #8
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
They built one close to home. Just the whole "Melenial" marketing scheme, and kitschy menu has been enough to keep me away!
Old 11-25-2019, 02:57 PM   #9
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
They built one close to home. Just the whole "Melenial" marketing scheme, and kitschy menu has been enough to keep me away!
Yeah, I ate at that one as soon as the hype toned down after it opened, and can’t say that I was overly impressed. That’s why I have never put Mellow Mushroom on my Branson eating list.
can'tcatchup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 04:00 PM   #10
Bogustus

My family has been to Mellow Mushroom 4 times since it opened. Service has always been fantastic. If open tables, never had to wait. If busy, wait was reasonable. Have had the high top tables in the garage door area twice and like the brightness of the room. Pizza has been delicious. Highly recommend it. They offer a local discount as well.

Sorry that someone had a bad experience with the initial seating. Unfortunate that everyone else is marking it off their list due to someone’s bad experience. Been to all the pizza places in the area and this is our current favorite.
Bogustus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 08:47 PM   #11
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

We live in the middle of nowhere -- our closest chain restaurant is a 20 minute drive to a Sonic. So when we travel we usually eat at a mix of chain restaurants and local places.

We haven't ever eaten at any Mellow Mushroom. We tried in 2017 in Pigeon Forge but didn't want to wait 30 - 45 minutes for a table.

Fly, you said you and your friend waited at the bar. Is dining at the bar an option?
biscuitcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 10:23 PM   #12
OkieAnon

Quote:
We live in the middle of nowhere -- our closest chain restaurant is a 20 minute drive to a Sonic. So when we travel we usually eat at a mix of chain restaurants and local places.

We haven't ever eaten at any Mellow Mushroom. We tried in 2017 in Pigeon Forge but didn't want to wait 30 - 45 minutes for a table.

Fly, you said you and your friend waited at the bar. Is dining at the bar an option?
We are the same way, we can drive about 25 miles and find a Sonic, Braums or Arby's so on vacation some of the chain places are new and different for us, so we usually have a mix of local and chain.
OkieAnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 06:16 AM   #13
flyfishinggolfer
Ultra Member

Mushroom Pizza

Biscuit, I waited at the bar for my friend. When he got there, we could have eaten at the bar When a place is super busy I will eat at the bar. In most sports bars, when by myself I prefer to eat at the bar. But, right behind me in the bar were the open high top tables. They were open as we walked by them to the reception area after they texted me. We chose to wait for the high top table, that we didn't get. I am glad to see that the one person has had good experiences at the Mushroom. I did say the pizza and service were good. I encourage people to try it, just be forewarned. Maybe I was the victim of a manager who no longer works there. I might go back this summer when the outdoor seating is available.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:24 AM   #14
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Open tables, with people waiting, in a crowded restaurant is actually a common practice. Usually it's because the kitchen staff can't keep up with orders. They don't want people waiting long periods of time for their food to be served after ordering. Somehow the marketing, and business geniuses have deduced that people waiting too long for their food is worse than waiting for a table. I don see it, but I don't have a college degree in extracting people's money from their wallet either.
Old 11-26-2019, 08:24 PM   #15
flyfishinggolfer
Ultra Member

Mushroom Pizza

RJW, I am sure you are spot on, but then seat the people, get them drinks, get them appetizers and explain to them that the restaurant is slammed and orders might take a little longer to get out. LOL at not learning how to extract $$ from people's wallets. Frankly, if they offered that class...I might have taken it. Might not have used it. But, a good thing to know when times get hard.

Fly