1 Branson. com MO Forum
   

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2019, 05:56 PM   #1
wwgang
Super Ultra Member
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: se iowa
Posts: 1,449
Sdc

We are coming to Branson soon. We used to do SDC when our kids were younger. We haven't been there for several years. I cant believe the price is $71 per person. Is it worth it?? We will be there on a Thursday Nov 14th. I see all kinds of complaints about crowds and parking. Do you think it will be that busy on that Thursday?
wwgang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 06:36 PM   #2
KJN
Super Ultra Member
 
KJN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: central Iowa
Posts: 4,950
I say it's for sure worth it to see the Christmas lights and see their Christmas shows. It's so beautiful and magical! Christmas in "Midtown" is amazing.
KJN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 06:49 PM   #3
soxster
Super Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwgang View Post
We are coming to Branson soon. We used to do SDC when our kids were younger. We haven't been there for several years. I cant believe the price is $71 per person. Is it worth it?? We will be there on a Thursday Nov 14th. I see all kinds of complaints about crowds and parking. Do you think it will be that busy on that Thursday?
I think Country Mart has discounted SDC tickets for thursdays.......might give them a call. Maybe it is over for the season, but worth a try.
soxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2019, 10:22 PM   #4
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member
 
biscuitcreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Arkansas Ozarks
Posts: 15,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by soxster View Post
I think Country Mart has discounted SDC tickets for thursdays.......might give them a call. Maybe it is over for the season, but worth a try.
Here's the special offer for $47 Thursdays November 7 - December 26:

https://www.silverdollarcity.com/the...tter-Thursdays

Price Cutter has stores in Springfield and other SW MO towns plus operates the Country Marts in Forsyth, Branson, and Hollister, and the King Cash Saver in Branson West.
biscuitcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 07:45 AM   #5
soxster
Super Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post
Here's the special offer for $47 Thursdays November 7 - December 26:

https://www.silverdollarcity.com/the...tter-Thursdays

Price Cutter has stores in Springfield and other SW MO towns plus operates the Country Marts in Forsyth, Branson, and Hollister, and the King Cash Saver in Branson West.
$47 vs $71 sounds like a deal to me.
soxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 10:11 AM   #6
leftsaidted
Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 909
Is SDC worth $71 PER person, for a family, for ONE day? No, not in my book...which is why I buy season passes. At $108 for an adult, visit TWICE, and you have only "paid" $54 per day...3 visits and you are down to just $36 "per day" for an adult...kids at $98 per season pass, even cheaper. It is the BEST value out there, besides the aforementioned "discount" tickets at the grocery stores...those ARE great deals. But...if you can somehow fit in TWO trips to SDC on your visit, a season pass is the most consistant way to avoid the incredibly high "sticker shock" prices at the gates for just one day.

But, since it's been a few years, get ready for OTHER price increases, drinks, refillable mugs, food, snacks...like all things, prices have increased dramatically over the years....Again, just buying ONE refillable mug, and splitting the drink(s) and refills amonst several family members makes it much more affordable, and a pretty good deal!
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 04:16 PM   #7
soxster
Super Ultra Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,754
If you are from out of town and one day is all that you plan on doing and Thursday happens to be the day you are visiting, then discounts are always welcome.

Last edited by soxster; 11-04-2019 at 04:18 PM.
soxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 09:29 AM   #8
DalmatianDad
aka - DD
 
DalmatianDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: The Ozarks
Posts: 13,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
Is SDC worth $71 PER person, for a family, for ONE day? No, not in my book...which is why I buy season passes. At $108 for an adult, visit TWICE, and you have only "paid" $54 per day...3 visits and you are down to just $36 "per day" for an adult...kids at $98 per season pass, even cheaper. It is the BEST value out there, besides the aforementioned "discount" tickets at the grocery stores...those ARE great deals. But...if you can somehow fit in TWO trips to SDC on your visit, a season pass is the most consistant way to avoid the incredibly high "sticker shock" prices at the gates for just one day.

But, since it's been a few years, get ready for OTHER price increases, drinks, refillable mugs, food, snacks...like all things, prices have increased dramatically over the years....Again, just buying ONE refillable mug, and splitting the drink(s) and refills amonst several family members makes it much more affordable, and a pretty good deal!
Also, the season pass gets you X number (I don't recall the exact number) of FREE passes that can be used to bring a family member, friend, girl friend, (you get the idea).
__________________
.

.
Good Better Best, Never let it Rest Until Your Good Is Better and Your Better is BEST..
DalmatianDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 01:30 PM   #9
susantx
Senior Member
 
susantx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: South Texas
Posts: 370
Sdc

I wish the SDC 2020 season pass was good for this Christmas like the Six flags passes are.We plan on coming back one time next summer
susantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 06:13 PM   #10
ggh
Super User
 
ggh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: 1 hour from Branson, SW Missouri
Posts: 12,262
If you go to SDC Expecting lots of traffic, potential parking issues, and to pay $71/ticket - you will have a good time.

If the thought of it makes you dread it - don't go.
ggh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 06:45 AM   #11
Diane1611
Missing Branson
 
Diane1611's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Land of Lincoln
Posts: 800
There is a 3 day (well, now 2 day) flash sale on SDC tickets - they are only $45.00, but you must order them online and use them before November 24. Here's the link: https://www.silverdollarcity.com/the...Y0MDQ5NTk0MgS2
Diane1611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 12:20 PM   #12
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member
 
biscuitcreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Arkansas Ozarks
Posts: 15,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwgang View Post
We are coming to Branson soon. We used to do SDC when our kids were younger. We haven't been there for several years. I cant believe the price is $71 per person. Is it worth it?? We will be there on a Thursday Nov 14th. I see all kinds of complaints about crowds and parking. Do you think it will be that busy on that Thursday?
We were there this Thursday, the 7th. Park was not that busy, but it was an extremely cold, windy day. We were able to get into the first showing of A Christmas Carol without standing in line (the theater did fill). We also were able to get into the saloon show with a short wait, no wait for the Living Nativity. We didn't see Spoken4 Quartet, It's a Wonderful Life, or Tracy Heaston. The square was a bit crowded for the lighting of the new tree at 5:20 but not bad at all. We had no wait for a tram when we arrived or when we left.

The only parking used that day was the paid lot and lot 2. We got free food at Chester's Chips during our time between A Christmas Carol and the saloon show -- registers were down and they had chips they needed to give away or throw away. We couldn't buy season passes because there were computer issues all day due to the big storm the night before. We were able to get our Christmas ornaments.

If the weather is better on the 14th, it will be more crowded.
biscuitcreek is offline   Reply With Quote


 

Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone Have Extra BAF's or the SDC Times Coupon for SDC shis1 Branson Attractions 1 11-20-2011 09:30 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:23 PM.


--