1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Old 10-02-2019, 01:32 PM   #1
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Exclamation Grand Country Music Hall

Branson Country USA - October 4, 2019

This week we welcome, Country Music recording star, Moe Bandy!

Moe Bandy is one of America's all-time leading classic country music Artist/Performer. His long string of hits include "Bandy The Rodeo Clown", "Hank Williams, You Wrote My Life", "Till I'm Too Old To Die young", "Americana", "It's A Cheatin' Situation", "Just good Ol' Boys", "Barstool Mountain", "I Cheated Me Right Out of You", "I Just Started Hatin' Cheatin' Songs Today", "Rodeo Romeo", "You Haven't Heard the Last of Me", "Holding The Bag" And dozens of other chart-toppers.
Whether writing, recording new songs or travelling the world performing. Moe keeps one of the busiest schedules in show business.
Some of his noteworthy accomplishments are:
10 # 1 Hits, 40 Top Ten Hits, 66 Chart Hits, 5 Gold Albums, ACM Song of The Year, ACM most Promising Male Vocalist of the Year, American Video of the year, ACM and CMA Duet of the Year.
country music legend Moe Bandy has come a long way from his bull riding days in Texas. Not to mention his years as a sheet metal worker by day and playing Honkey Tonks at night in and around his hometown of San Antonio, Texas. In the mid-seventies when the country pop Kenny Rogers, John Denver and the outlaw sound of Waylon and Willie was the rage, along came the traditionalist Moe Bandy.
The Texas singer with twin fiddles and steel guitar in the band kept Texas-style Honkey Tonk music alive, but it wasn't easy. In 1972 Moe met record producer Ray Baker on a hunting trip and convinced him to listen to some demo tapes he had made. Baker agreed to produce Moe if he was willing to pay for recording session. Moe agreed and out of that session came Moe's first hit song "I just Started Hatin Cheatin' Songs Today". GRC records picked up the song and released it nationally where it became a top 20 hit and that was just the beginning. Moe followed up with "It Was Always So Easy (To Find An Unhappy Woman)" and his first #1 hit "Bandy The Rodeo Clown". His songs never strayed far from the traditionally Honky Tonk fare. Loving, cheating, drinking and patriotic songs formed the core of his music.
Moe continues to perform to packed houses all over the world. More than anything else Moe loves to perform for his countless fans. Be sure to check out Moe's website MoeBandy.com because he just might be coming to a town near you! Also, make sure you get a copy of his autobiography, "Moe Bandy - Lucky Me". "When I look back on my life, 'Lucky Me' really sums it all up. I am lucky to have had all the success that I've enjoyed. And I am lucky to still be here. After you read my life story, you'll agree that I am very lucky! I am very blessed", said Moe.
For Moe's complete tour schedule visit MoeBandy.com or MoeBandyBook.com.

It's a double-header this week as we also welcome from, A Tribute To Aretha, Queen of Soul, Nedgra Culp !
Some people are just born to sing. She was. Some people have a natural ability to turn a song into a life-changing event. She has. Some people light up the stage when they enter. She does. Her name is Nedgra Culp.
Born in Springfield, Missouri, Nedgra is the last of six children. As a child, Nedgra realized that she had been blessed with extraordinary talent and began gaining valuable experience through school talent competition where she consistently rated #1. After being awarded a scholarship in music performance Nedgra attended Southwest Baptist University in Bolivar, Missouri. Following her studies, she received a call from "Mr. Las Vegas" himself, Wayne Newton! For several years following, she appeared as a background vocalist and featured soloist on the Wayne Newton Show.
Subsequently, Nedgra has worked with many legendary performers such as Tony Orlando, Mel Tillis, Lola Falana, John Davidson, Andy Williams, Dorothy Moore and the Tokens. Nedgra has also starred in many shows in the Live Entertainment Capital of the World, Branson, Missouri including "The VanBurch and Wellford Show", "50's At The Hop", and her personal favorite, "Breakfast With The Classics". In 1997, 1998 and 1998 Nedgra was awarded Female Vocalist of the Year and in 2000 she was awarded Duo of the Year along with Bill Brooks. In that same year she was inducted into the BRANSON MUSICIAN AND ENTERTAINERS HALL OF FAME. Nedgra has had the pleasure of appearing in the US tour of "I Can't Stop Loving You - The Music of Ray Charles". Following that, Nedgra turned her sights on the movie industry as she debuted in an independent movie called "The Forecaster".
This season Nedgra is celebrating the legacy of her idol, Aretha Franklin. Singing Aretha Franklin's, 'I Never Loved a Man the Way I Love You', Nedgra Culp dreamed of being just like the Queen of Soul ever since she was a little girl. "I've listened to her all of my life, she was my mother's favorite artist. In fact, we played her music on vinyl, LP's. I wanted to mimic her," says Culp.
In 2007, Nedgra got the surprise of a lifetime while on tour in Detroit. Aretha Franklin was sitting in the audience during one of her performances. "I'm singing this song and I look over to the right of the auditorium, my right and I see her and I go 'ah!' like that in the middle of the song and she laughed and I mean there were six singers and we ran after the show was over to stop her. She loved it, she's a very sweet person," says Culp.
Born to sing and destined to impact lives. She brings joy to everyone who hears her. You can see Nedgra performing 3pm every Tuesday and Saturday at the Tribute Theatre in "Aretha - Queen of Soul". For more information call the Tribute Theatre: 417-239-1000 or visit BransonTributeTheatre.com .

Branson Country USA is performed every Friday night at 10:30 p.m., January - December. For tickets and information, call Grand Country Music Hall. 417-335-2484. This broadcast is brought to you in part by Branson Tourism Center. For more information, please visit: www.BransonTourismCenter.com.

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
SHOW GAL is offline   Reply With Quote