1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Old 09-08-2019, 10:37 AM   #1
travelerdeb

Shows with Live Music

Looking for recommendations of shows with live music. We’re planning a trip to Branson in November. We would also like to see a few good Christmas shows. Thanks in advance.
travelerdeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 12:29 PM   #2
travelerdeb

We enjoy many types of music. Country, 50s, 60s, 70s, Elvis, and Broadway show tunes.

Last edited by travelerdeb; 09-08-2019 at 12:38 PM.
Old 09-08-2019, 02:01 PM   #3
WireRoad

I'm confused. You mean as opposed to shows that don't have live music?
WireRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 02:47 PM   #4
tortminder
Mobile Methane Generator

Is your question regarding shows that use a live band instead of using pre-recorded tracks?

"dictum meum pactum"
My word is my bond

Laughter is the best medicine... unless you have diarrhea!

tortminder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 05:45 PM   #5
KJN
Super Ultra Member

As to Christmas shows, I agree with the Hughes Brothers Christmas show. Also The Haygoods do a part regular/part Christmas show. A good 50's show is Hot Rods And High Heels. It became my hubby's favorite show. The Miracle Of Christmas at Sight And Sound is excellent.
KJN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 08:04 PM   #6
travelerdeb

To clarify, we prefer shows with instruments being played onstage instead of music tracks.
Old 09-08-2019, 08:17 PM   #7
Diane1611
Missing Branson

The Haygoods play their own instruments. They are at the Clay Cooper Theater. So do the Duttons and the Presleys.
Diane1611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 05:50 AM   #8
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

All the shows at the Grand Country Theater have only live music.

Their shows are some of the best in the Branson area.

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
SHOW GAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 09:13 AM   #9
travelerdeb

Thanks for all the show recommendations.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:26 AM   #10
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelerdeb View Post
To clarify, we prefer shows with instruments being played onstage instead of music tracks.
Then stay clear of all shows at King’s Castle.
bransoncutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 12:54 PM   #11
Branson Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransoncutie View Post
Then stay clear of all shows at King’s Castle.
It is an absolute shame the number of people who use tracked music and do not tell their customers. If you want your show to be a glorified karaoke show that’s fine, but tell your customers. Just like people who book bands which have no original members in them or not the original lead singer but they don’t tell their customers. Silver Dollar City has been one of the biggest offenders.

I have lobbied for many years that Branson should require all businesses to make such disclosures, but of course no one will back such a regulation. They will often say it doesn’t matter who is in the band as long as it’s a good show. And my response is, well if that’s the case then it shouldn’t matter if you do indeed disclose who is in the band.
Branson Friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 01:34 PM   #12
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Hughes Brothers, probably the best Christmas show in town..

The Haygoods would for sure be in the running for best show also, and they do play the instruments themselves..

Grand Jubilee at Grand Country has a Great Christmas Show, and their own 6 or 7 piece band, It is a must see show too.!!
Old 09-10-2019, 06:39 PM   #13
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddunerider View Post
Hughes Brothers, probably the best Christmas show in town..

The Haygoods would for sure be in the running for best show also, and they do play the instruments themselves..

Grand Jubilee at Grand Country has a Great Christmas Show, and their own 6 or 7 piece band, It is a must see show too.!!
Can’t argue with either of those choices!! Both excellent!!
Old 09-11-2019, 07:52 AM   #14
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

In their defense, Kings Castle, (and its predessor(s)) have been VERY successful for many years using "tracked" or "canned" music. People go to this show for the SONGS, the SINGING, the DANCING, the SKITS....not so much to see/listen to a "live" band, imo. I know I do. It's an entirely different animal, as it were.

The type of show it is, being Broadway musicals themed for the most part..well, can you imagine the cost of THAT type of "band"? Because it would not be a "band", instead it would be an ORCHESTRA! Ready to pay $75-$100 per ticket? I'm sure it you, and thousand of others who now attend, would be happy doing that, then the owners would happily step up with that LIVE orchestra...but I don't think any of us are ready to pony up that kind of money to see the DANCING, etc...
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:42 AM   #15
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
In their defense, Kings Castle, (and its predessor(s)) have been VERY successful for many years using "tracked" or "canned" music. People go to this show for the SONGS, the SINGING, the DANCING, the SKITS....not so much to see/listen to a "live" band, imo. I know I do. It's an entirely different animal, as it were.

The type of show it is, being Broadway musicals themed for the most part..well, can you imagine the cost of THAT type of "band"? Because it would not be a "band", instead it would be an ORCHESTRA! Ready to pay $75-$100 per ticket? I'm sure it you, and thousand of others who now attend, would be happy doing that, then the owners would happily step up with that LIVE orchestra...but I don't think any of us are ready to pony up that kind of money to see the DANCING, etc...
Oh, I TOTALLY agree with you! I love the shows at King's Castle!! But I know there are some purists who, for whatever reason, don't agree. And it sounds as if the OP is a purist who might not be happy with not having a live band.