1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Other Destinations

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2019, 10:18 AM   #1
LynndaofNJ
Proud American Mom

Smile Ark Encounter and Creation Museum

I'm planning to visit the Ark Encounter and Creation Museum in Kentucky in late September. If anyone is familiar with one / both of these, I'd appreciate your input and suggestions. Thanks!
Old 07-26-2019, 10:34 AM   #2
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynndaofNJ View Post
I'm planning to visit the Ark Encounter and Creation Museum in Kentucky in late September. If anyone is familiar with one / both of these, I'd appreciate your input and suggestions. Thanks!
Have not been there yet, but want to sometime soon.
Will be looking forward to your review.

Good Better Best, Never let it Rest Until Your Good Is Better and Your Better is BEST..
Old 07-26-2019, 06:12 PM   #3
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

I haven't been but a former SDC employee who posts regularly on the SDC Fans board went in May and thought it was "pretty cool".
Old 07-27-2019, 06:44 AM   #4
zalo9
Your message here, $5.

A favorite author of mine wrote a review of the "museum".
Old 07-27-2019, 03:26 PM   #5
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalo9 View Post
All righty then. Apparently it is actually a "horse museum.

Good Better Best, Never let it Rest Until Your Good Is Better and Your Better is BEST..
Old 07-30-2019, 11:14 AM   #6
live4branson

The ark itself is worth the trip. We went 2 years ago. Didn't go to the museum. Friends said they loved the ark, but liked the museum even better.
Old 07-30-2019, 01:08 PM   #7
soxster
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalo9 View Post
Well now......that link.....review was interesting.
Old 07-30-2019, 08:52 PM   #8
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxster View Post
Well now......that link.....review was interesting.
That's ONE word for it...
Old 07-31-2019, 07:38 AM   #9
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Quoted: “A favorite author of mine wrote a review of the “museum”.

Sorry, but a true “Review” of anything must be impartial, and open minded, to have ANY credibility at all.

So when this so-called “author” states emphatically that “The ENORMOUS load of Horse**** that sits, squat, yet moundy, at its very center is THAT THE BIBLE IS THE LITERAL AND INERRANT WORD OF GOD”, and the goes on to supposedly “review” a Biblical event, structure, and story, he has ZERO CREDIBILITY, and his review, words, and thoughts upon that subject are moot, and worthless.

A good critic would never be taken serious who detested with every cell in their body French Cuisine, yet reviews trendy French Cafe’s: likewise, an outspoken Vegan practitioner who reviewed a steakhouse would be laughed out of the newspaper office upon submitting said personal review,etc, etc, etc.

So, ignore this mentally weak individual who fancy’s himself a “reviewer” of Bible matters, and instead look at some PRO Bible believing individuals to give you and honest opinion of if this attraction is worth your time and money. I personally have attended MANY church’s, religious events, and pro Christian attractions, and honestly, for the most part , found a large percentage to be lacking in what they advertised...therefore I would give them a bad review and advise people to attend the few I have found to be outstanding. But that would be an honest, open minded opinion from a Bible believing individual. I have also attended quite a number of PRO evolution events, displays, and lectures..I have always entered upon these with an OPEN MIND, seeking to learn something that I honestly did not know or understand before. Again, I could give a pretty good IMPARTIAL review of these...if, instead, I attended one of these with the attitude of “they lie, they are dishonest, they are stupid, their belief is the biggest most rank load of HORSE**** I have ever witnessed”...then I would have NO CREDIBILITY as to give a genuine, honest review of that event.

So, yea....find someone who would know a GOOD biblical event or portrayal from a BAD biblical event or production...read their opinion(s), then decide whether or not to attend said attraction or event.
Old 07-31-2019, 02:08 PM   #10
ozarksportsgal
Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post

Sorry, but a true “Review” of anything must be impartial, and open minded, to have ANY credibility at all.

So when this so-called “author” states emphatically that “The ENORMOUS load of Horse**** that sits, squat, yet moundy, at its very center is THAT THE BIBLE IS THE LITERAL AND INERRANT WORD OF GOD”, and the goes on to supposedly “review” a Biblical event, structure, and story, he has ZERO CREDIBILITY, and his review, words, and thoughts upon that subject are moot, and worthless.

A good critic would never be taken serious who detested with every cell in their body French Cuisine, yet reviews trendy French Cafe’s: likewise, an outspoken Vegan practitioner who reviewed a steakhouse would be laughed out of the newspaper office upon submitting said personal review,etc, etc, etc.

So, ignore this mentally weak individual who fancy’s himself a “reviewer” of Bible matters, and instead look at some PRO Bible believing individuals to give you and honest opinion of if this attraction is worth your time and money. I personally have attended MANY church’s, religious events, and pro Christian attractions, and honestly, for the most part , found a large percentage to be lacking in what they advertised...therefore I would give them a bad review and advise people to attend the few I have found to be outstanding. But that would be an honest, open minded opinion from a Bible believing individual. I have also attended quite a number of PRO evolution events, displays, and lectures..I have always entered upon these with an OPEN MIND, seeking to learn something that I honestly did not know or understand before. Again, I could give a pretty good IMPARTIAL review of these...if, instead, I attended one of these with the attitude of “they lie, they are dishonest, they are stupid, their belief is the biggest most rank load of HORSE**** I have ever witnessed”...then I would have NO CREDIBILITY as to give a genuine, honest review of that event.

So, yea....find someone who would know a GOOD biblical event or portrayal from a BAD biblical event or production...read their opinion(s), then decide whether or not to attend said attraction or event.
Thank you

osg
Old 07-31-2019, 05:50 PM   #11
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post

Exactly!!!! You said it so much better than I could have!
Old 08-30-2019, 11:32 AM   #12
LynndaofNJ
Proud American Mom

Smile

My travel plans actually have changed and I'm leaving sooner than I originally expected. I've scheduled Friday, 9/6 and Saturday, 9/7 for my visits. (There's some sort of snake-related event at the Creation Museum on Saturday; therefore, I'll be there on Friday!)
Old 08-30-2019, 01:28 PM   #13
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynndaofNJ View Post
My travel plans actually have changed and I'm leaving sooner than I originally expected. I've scheduled Friday, 9/6 and Saturday, 9/7 for my visits. (There's some sort of snake-related event at the Creation Museum on Saturday; therefore, I'll be there on Friday!)
Have a good trip, Lynnda.
I’d like to hear about it when you return.

Closed Thread