1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 07:54 PM   #1
Connie

Hatfields and McCoys

Is there an attraction/dinner regarding the Hatfields and McCoys? I read where it was coming but then nothing more was said or written.
Old 07-01-2019, 09:50 PM   #2
Branson Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connie View Post
Is there an attraction/dinner regarding the Hatfields and McCoys? I read where it was coming but then nothing more was said or written.
Not going to happen, never got off the ground They have been actively trying to sell the venue they purchased, the former RFD Theater. No takers at this time. Asking $4,200,000. They are dreaming.
Old 07-02-2019, 06:37 PM   #3
wwgang
Super Ultra Member

Why did they change their mind? Seemed like it was a done deal
Old 07-02-2019, 07:09 PM   #4
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

They are waiting for the gondola to be finished...

Good Better Best, Never let it Rest Until Your Good Is Better and Your Better is BEST..
Old 07-02-2019, 07:15 PM   #5
Branson Friend

Maybe they can make a zipline between that and America’s Fun Park
Old 07-05-2019, 01:46 PM   #6
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connie View Post
NOT going to happen Dolly Partons company that is affiliated with the Dixie Stampede, bought the building and the name/company here in Branson, and in Pigeon Forge.

They have no intention in opening building for this attraction.

They simply bought out the competition, instead of dealing with the competition.

Its the American way when you have millions of dollars at your disposal and no worry about return on your "investment".
Old 07-06-2019, 08:03 PM   #7
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

I really can't understand why it would not be a big success in Branson. Or is it the same political correctness nonsense that cause them to remove "Dixie" from one of my former favorite shows?
Old 07-07-2019, 12:07 AM   #8
mikee

Hatfield & McCoys

I think that Sanddunerider explained that fairly good. Apparently Dixie Stampede thought Hatfield show would do too well and siphon off a lot of their customers. A good way to prevent that was to buy the name of the show and buy the theater. When you have lots of money that's what you do, if you want to.
Old 07-07-2019, 11:49 AM   #9
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Yep...just as Lowes did with the very successful and popular Orchard Supply and Hardware....bought them, waited 2 years, then closed every store...attempting to force everyone of OSH's customers into Lowes...no matter if it is further to drive now to a distant town/city, more of an inconvenience, and cost a person more in gas and money...so I simply stopped going to Lowes and now patronize Home Depot and, when possible, Menards.
Old 07-07-2019, 09:04 PM   #10
live4branson

Yes, it's that little thing called Freedom. And Capitalism. Two ideas that have made America the greatest nation ever known to mankind. Don't like it? Venezuela has lots of room. Some people will complain about anybody who has more than they do. Go, Herschends, and thank you for helping make Branson what it is today.
Old 07-07-2019, 09:23 PM   #11
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee View Post
I think that Sanddunerider explained that fairly good. Apparently Dixie Stampede thought Hatfield show would do too well and siphon off a lot of their customers. A good way to prevent that was to buy the name of the show and buy the theater. When you have lots of money that's what you do, if you want to.
But don't they have both in Gatlinburg?
So that excuse still doesn't make sense.
Old 07-07-2019, 09:46 PM   #12
live4branson

Maybe they don't WANT both in Branson. And it should be of no concern to anybody but them. Why don't you have a house in Branson and Pigeon Forge? You know what? That's none of my business, so why should I worry about it. Same for them. None of your business.
Old 07-08-2019, 08:56 AM   #13
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
But don't they have both in Gatlinburg?
So that excuse still doesn't make sense.
I checked the website, NO mention of any locations is Gatlinburg.. Only Pigeon Forge and it is up and running..
No mention of expanding into Branson
Old 07-08-2019, 12:54 PM   #14
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

My mistake. Just considering Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge pretty much one in the same. BTW, Dolly's Stampede is also in Pigeon Forge. One on each end of town kinda like they would be in Branson. Has to be some other reason.
Old 07-08-2019, 06:24 PM   #15
Branson Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
My mistake. Just considering Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge pretty much one in the same. BTW, Dolly's Stampede is also in Pigeon Forge. One on each end of town kinda like they would be in Branson. Has to be some other reason.
It appears that shortly after they purchased the theater they realized their potential for success in Branson was almost nonexistent. They were smart to take the buyout offer. Any shows such as the one they proposed would face a massive uphill battle to be profitable. Doesn’t matter whether or not it was a good show, Branson is overbuilt and has too many shows which are willing to undercut the competition with giant discounts and practically give away tickets. That is why so many shows are struggling. They have discounted their product down to the point of being near bankruptcy. They hope that if they give away their tickets maybe someone will come in and buy some popcorn and CDs. Hence the proliferation of the “area desperation” rates so frequently offered.

It’s extremely difficult for a high quality production to come to town and charge enough money for what it would take to survive. I think the Stampede show will probably be the only one of its kind in town for a while.

In addition to the ones publicly known to be for sale, there are numerous other theaters and businesses for sale, and have been for many years.

Closed Thread