1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Old 06-26-2019, 12:17 PM   #1
Connie

Advice Needed

Will be Branson on July 14-19. Plan to see Creedance Clearwater Tribute; Southern Rock Tribute; Waylon, Willie and the boys. Any comments would be appreciated. Am looking for another show with good singing and a comedian...not Presleys or Baldknobbers. Thank you!
Connie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 12:31 PM   #2
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connie View Post
Will be Branson on July 14-19. Plan to see Creedance Clearwater Tribute; Southern Rock Tribute; Waylon, Willie and the boys. Any comments would be appreciated. Am looking for another show with good singing and a comedian...not Presleys or Baldknobbers. Thank you!
I would suggest Grand Jubilee at the Grand Country Music Hall.

The singing is absolutely the best in Branson and Jamie and Mike will keep you laughing.

Have a wonderful time.

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
SHOW GAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 01:38 PM   #3
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Clay Cooper's Country Express. Very much the type of music you seem to be interested in. Classic rock, Southern rock, and outlaw country. With a smattering of old country, and current hits. No actual comean, but some great comedy from Matt Gum, and Clay. Clay's people skills with the audience makes for much better comedy than somebody dressed up like a hillbilly telling 40 year old, stale jokes anyway.
Awesome live band, talented singers and dancers, and a stage overflowing with exciting entertainment.
The other, and another 'must see" sharing the same theater, The Haygoods. Unbelievable taent, and energy in a very contemporary, modern show. Again, lots of great music in similar genres as Clay's show. You won't be sorry seeing either, buti I suggest you find time to see both!
Old 06-26-2019, 01:58 PM   #4
OkieAnon

if they haven't changed, Pierce Arrow the last time we were there had one of the best comedians I've seen in Branson and the music was good as well.
OkieAnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 03:05 PM   #5
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

The Haygoods have a great Show, lots of Variety and talent on that stage,.

2nd to that, I would agree with the previous comments about Grand Jubilee..

You cant go wrong with either show..
Old 06-26-2019, 03:27 PM   #6
WireRoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
No actual comedian, but some great comedy from Matt Gum, and Clay. Clay's people skills with the audience makes for much better comedy than somebody dressed up like a hillbilly telling 40 year old, stale jokes anyway.
So Matt Gum isn't a comedian? I've never seen him but am very familiar with his Dad, Thom Gum who is a Hillbilly comedy legend at Lake of the Ozarks. I always heard Matt was a lot like his Dad.
WireRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 03:52 PM   #7
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WireRoad View Post
So Matt Gum isn't a comedian? I've never seen him but am very familiar with his Dad, Thom Gum who is a Hillbilly comedy legend at Lake of the Ozarks. I always heard Matt was a lot like his Dad.
Didn't say he wasn't. But his comedy in Clay's show is very much blended into the musical aspect.
Matt has done some of the old school "hillbilly" stuff (Sticky Gum, I absolutely hated that stupid tire pump act!). But he is so versatile with many, much better acts. Along with great impressions of entertainers like Elton John, Joe Cocker, Rod Stuart, Michael Jackson, Dwight Yoakam, Bruno Mars, and so many more including a hilarious duet of Willie Nelson and Julio Iglesias. Add to all that his phenomenal talents on every musical instrument on the stage!

Last edited by rjw1991A1; 06-26-2019 at 03:56 PM.
rjw1991A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 04:47 PM   #8
Connie

What about the other shows???

Has anyone seen Creedance Clearwater Tribute/Southern Rock/Willie, Waylon and the Boys Shows? Reviews?????
Connie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 09:27 PM   #9
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Forgot to mention if you want to see the Haygoods best get your tickets early. They set records every year for the number of sold out shows they have. Even in a 1200 seat theater!
Old 06-27-2019, 07:03 AM   #10
Grangie
Ultra Member

I would recommend Grand Jubilee too. A great show.
Grangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 08:18 AM   #11
Dolphin

Quote:
Has anyone seen Creedance Clearwater Tribute/Southern Rock/Willie, Waylon and the Boys Shows? Reviews?????
We saw willie,Waylon,and the boys show last sept. It was one of the best show we seen in Branson. Plan on seeing them the next time we are in town.
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 10:09 AM   #12
WireRoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Didn't say he wasn't. But his comedy in Clay's show is very much blended into the musical aspect.
Matt has done some of the old school "hillbilly" stuff (Sticky Gum, I absolutely hated that stupid tire pump act!). But he is so versatile with many, much better acts. Along with great impressions of entertainers like Elton John, Joe Cocker, Rod Stuart, Michael Jackson, Dwight Yoakam, Bruno Mars, and so many more including a hilarious duet of Willie Nelson and Julio Iglesias. Add to all that his phenomenal talents on every musical instrument on the stage!
His Dad "Gabby Gum" has done that tire pump act forever. Maybe things are changing as far as people not liking the traditional "Hillbilly Comedian" much anymore. I've known his Dad for like 40 years since way back in Denny Hilton Country Shindig days. He still has a great show in Osage Beach called Main St. Opry.
WireRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 03:51 AM   #13
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Credence Clearwater Tribute and Southern Rock are both very good shows! Have seen them both several times and loved them! Have not seen Waylon, Willie and the Boys, so can’t speak to that one.

Last edited by bransoncutie; 07-06-2019 at 01:08 PM.
bransoncutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 01:58 PM   #14
c kling
Ultra Member

Quote:

Love the Willie, Waylon show. I go to this show each time I'm in Branson.
c kling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 10:28 AM   #15
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

Waylon, Willie and the Good ol’ Boys (and one Stunning Woman!!) is, dollar for dollar, one of the best shows in Branson, period, if you are interested in MUSIC and SINGING. There is no glam lighting, no hillbilly costumed-blacked out teeth-overall wearing-corncob pipe smoking “comedian”...just a couple hours of pure high energy, “outlaw” country music, performed by three of the top talented performers in Branson, Dave Sanders, Shane Vorhaben, and Heather Gentry, backed by their live Outlaw Band. Small theatre, very basic, but good enough concession stand. Don’t miss this show...yes, all the others listed above by other posters (Clay Cooper, Haywood’s, Grand Jubilee, etc) are all top notch acts that you will no doubt enjoy very much....but, there is just something very special about this show...maybe because it is just one solid hit after another for the entire time, minus a very short intermission, where you can meet Dave, Shane, and Heather for a few minutes, grab something quick from the concession stand, or use the restroom...(but, quite honestly, you probably wont get to do that, as once you meet the 3 performers, and start talking to them, you will no doubt find yourself there the entire intermission time, as I observe happening to most of the audience!). Seriously, this is a show NOT to be missed...see it BEFORE the others named above...you will not be disappointed.

Last edited by leftsaidted; 06-29-2019 at 10:31 AM.
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote