1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Other Destinations

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 12:37 AM   #1
God's Girl

Smile Wisconsin Dells Vacation Information

I remember seeing conversations on this site several years ago about Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin. Does anyone here know much about it? My family and I are looking for a new area to visit for vacation. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 06-03-2019, 07:01 AM   #2
Suselit
Super Ultra Member

I think it’s worth going to visit. The surrounding area is beautiful farms, mostly dairy that look like a magazine photo.
The downtown area is cool, very walkable with places to eat, shop, and see attractions.
The area, kind of like the 76 Strip, with all the Water Parks and big Attractions has a Roman/Greek theme and it’s pretty neat.
I think it’s very family oriented and you should have a great time there.

Order the fried cheese curds, too.
Old 06-03-2019, 05:53 PM   #3
teacherkim
Super Ultra Member

We've been twice in the last five years or so. Traffic is much smoother than in Branson. There's some really nice boat tours of the area. We are water park people, so we stayed at The Wilderness and did water parks for big parts of our day. The hotel gave us free tickets to see the waterski show (can't remember what it's called, but it's been there a long time). I wouldn't have paid for it, but it was fun to see. My favorite place to eat in the world is Monk's. It's just burgers and bar food, but they make their own potato chips and the black and blue burger is the best I've ever had. Our favorite attraction was the deer park. I just had our pictures from there pop up in my timehop and my husband and I talked about how much we love that. (Hear that Branson? Put in a deer park.) Also liked Moosejaw Pizza and there's a good Tanger outlet. It's definitely a fun place to visit. Just wish it wasn't a 12 hour drive...
Old 06-04-2019, 06:32 PM   #4
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Haven't been in many years. Still has some of the old standards. Like the Upper, and Lower Dells boat tours, and the Dells Ducks. I think the Tommy Bartlet Water Show might still be operating. My biggest disappointment when I looked into going back again a few years ago was the Indian Ceremonial no longer exists.
Now known as the water park capitol of the World, if that's your thing there is plenty of them.
Not sure about prices, but the last time we were there they were near the price gouging of the Mouse. With much more Winter activity, and more year round tourism meaning they don't just have 3 or 4 months to "make it", they might be more in line with Branson than the Mouse.

Closed Thread