1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Old 05-25-2019, 08:16 AM   #1
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

National Enquirer Museum on Today show

On this Saturday morning there was a segment on the Today show about the National Enquirer museum that just opened in Pigeon Forge. Cameras were allowed inside and some of the exhibits were shown. There are interactive displays, too.

The National Enquirer does NOT own the museums but has licensed the rights and the owners have spent millions of dollars on the museums. The Pigeon Forge managing owners, the Turners, were included in the segment.

It was mentioned that one would be opening in Branson next month.
biscuitcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 07:49 AM   #2
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

More on the museum

Robin Turner, the guy who is in charge of Wonderworks and the National Enquirer Museums, was on Larry's Country Diner on June 1st along with Randy Little, the owner of the Starlite and PFI. Randy didn't sell the Starlite, he has leased it to Robin Turner and allowed him to "repurpose" the building.

Robin said the interactive museum will open in late June; he didn't say when Wonderworks will open. Randy reminded everyone that Larry's Country Diner will return to Branson in the fall for a week at the Clay Cooper Theater.
Old 06-02-2019, 10:14 AM   #3
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Robin said the interactive museum will open in late June
So if the National Enquirer Museum is "interactive", what do you do?
Sit at a computer keyboard, and make up salacious lies about celebrities, and politicians? LOL
Old 06-02-2019, 10:58 AM   #4
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
So if the National Enquirer Museum is "interactive", what do you do?
Sit at a computer keyboard, and make up salacious lies about celebrities, and politicians? LOL
That sounds about right.
bransoncutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 09:17 PM   #5
mikee

National Enquirer

Come on, give them a chance. Just because you don't like the Enquirer does not mean the attraction will be all that bad. I am not a lover of the magazine, but lots of people are. Give them a chance to get the attraction open and then let the public decide if it is good, bad or whatever. I admire people who will invest big money in a new attraction, whatever kind it is. If people do not like it, then it will be gone and a new one will take it's place. I just get frustrated with people being critical about something they know very little about.
mikee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 09:31 PM   #6
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Don't get your knickers in a bunch mikee. You sound as uptight as many of those I have heard saying it is not dignified enough for Branson. Or not family oriented enough.
Losen up a bit, and enjoy the humor of my comment.

BTW, I don't give a rip one way or the other about the tabloid. Never buy it, never read it. Just look at the headlines in the checkout line at the supermarket and laugh. Probably the same thing I'll do when I visit the Museum when it opens.
Old 06-03-2019, 06:59 AM   #7
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
BTW, I don't give a rip one way or the other about the tabloid. Never buy it, never read it. Just look at the headlines in the checkout line at the supermarket and laugh. Probably the same thing I'll do when I visit the Museum when it opens.
Almost my thought exactly.. I dont give a "rip" either..

It looks Gawdy! really takes over the street in that area.. LOL. It even hides the giant meatball and fork hopefully the attractions itself is not as "loud" as the outside..

RJ, you will for sure have to leave a review after you go.

They probably should do a locals free day, to help advertise and get people talking about i.. Right now I have yet to talk to anyone that lives in Branson that is impressed by the project..
Old 06-08-2019, 07:52 AM   #8
WireRoad

here's the one in Pigeon Forge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V69kn2h_FOU
WireRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 02:27 PM   #9
Baldwin

Not really interested in seeing this place.
Baldwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 03:28 PM   #10
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

I am one who, while I am not necessarily excited about this attraction myself, I am sort of taking a "wait-and-see" attitude. Hoping it won't be as bad as I am expecting.

Because of my job selling tickets for shows and attractions, I will have to see it, just so that I can talk intelligently about the place. I'm pretty sure we'll end up selling their tickets.
Old 06-08-2019, 04:43 PM   #11
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

As about 99.9% of EVERYTHING in the Universe....this museum will not be as bad as feared and predicted, nor as good as hoped and longed for. In other words, it will just....BE!
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 05:53 PM   #12
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WireRoad View Post
here's the one in Pigeon Forge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V69kn2h_FOU
WOW!!!!
If the one coming to Branson is half as good as this video depicts it's going to be an awesome attraction!!!!
The interactive part is amazing in itself.
Anybody so closed minded, and backward as to complain about this really needs to watch the video. This is going to be a fantastic addition to Branson. Just take some time, open your minds, and watch the video!
Old 06-09-2019, 06:07 PM   #13
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

The date for opening is supposed to be on June 28. On this week's episode of Larry's Country Diner, it was also mentioned that in addition to the museum, a 4D ride similar to Disney's Soaring will be built at the location. The ride should open 6 months after the museum.
Old 06-10-2019, 02:04 AM   #14
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
WOW!!!!
If the one coming to Branson is half as good as this video depicts it's going to be an awesome attraction!!!!
The interactive part is amazing in itself.
Anybody so closed minded, and backward as to complain about this really needs to watch the video. This is going to be a fantastic addition to Branson. Just take some time, open your minds, and watch the video!
And this is why i’ve Been taking a wait and see attitude with it. It actually looks pretty cool! And not nearly the hell-home people have been saying it would be.
Old 06-10-2019, 09:06 AM   #15
WireRoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransoncutie View Post
It actually looks pretty cool! And not nearly the hell-home people have been saying it would be.
That's a huge issue in Branson. Many things get pre-judged.
WireRoad is offline   Reply With Quote