1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Old 04-24-2019, 06:20 AM   #1
thankfulldadof3

Where to eat in Branson?

Just got back from Branson and it seems like a struggle to find good places to eat. We are not fancy people as of now our favorite place to eat is Fuddruckers. We went to Godfathers pizza buffet and it was just awful. Going back to Branson in July where do you all like to go to eat in Branson?
thankfulldadof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 09:01 AM   #2
quiet65
Super Ultra Member

I would suggest Paradise Grill on shepherd of hills expressway next door to shoji theater, great food off menu and salad bar, sometimes they have buffet,

Pizza ranch Rb crib for great bbq ribs
Dannas
pancho villa for mexican
cantina loredo

Last edited by quiet65; 04-24-2019 at 09:05 AM.
quiet65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 09:34 AM   #3
SHOW GAL
SHOW GAL

My favorites are:

Branson Center Stage
Pizza Ranch
Danna's
Outback
Sugar Leaf
Botanos

Branson Show Reviews by SHOW GAL

http://BransonShowGal.wordpress.com/
SHOW GAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 09:37 AM   #4
st041986

Dannas for a little bit of everything
Cantina La Redo or Little Hacienda for mexican
Florentina's Ristorante Italiano for italian
Gettin Basted for BBQ. I also enjoy Famous Daves
Mels Hard Luck diner if you enjoy being entertained while eating.
Billy Bobs Dairyland has really good burgers, shakes and fried pies.

If it's late and you're looking for a place to eat, Cakes and Creams on the strips has some pretty good burgers and pizza as well as my favorite desert in Branson, the Cakes and Creams supreme!

st041986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 10:33 AM   #5
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Not hard at all to find great food in Branson. From outstanding, honest no nonesense burgers at Billy Bob's Dairyland to awesome BBQ from Gettin' Basted. Great home cookin' at the Farmhouse to gourmet Mexican at Cantina Loreado. Then there's Danna's where you can combine a great burger with good "Q" when you get the Danna Burger. A 6oz burger topped with their pulled pork. You could also choose big catfish fillet sandwich, or two of the golden crispy big fillets on a platter with fries, slaw, beans, and a fried bisket.
Gettin' Basted isn't the only place for good BBQ. Shorty Smalls has very good ribs as well. Plus other great choices including a chicken fried steak bigger than the plate.
For great sandwiches, burgers, specials like real tamales, fish tacos, and unbelievably good pulled pork fries there is Pickin' Porch Grill.
These few only scratch the surface of good eats in Branson.
However, if you didn't like the great pizza, and awesome Broasted chicken at Godfather's, but like a mass produced place like Fudruckers you may not like any of the great places anybody will mention in Branson.
Old 04-24-2019, 11:37 AM   #6
WireRoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by thankfulldadof3 View Post
We went to Godfathers pizza buffet and it was just awful.
Wow, first time I've heard that.
WireRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 12:31 PM   #7
OkieAnon

bbq -- Dana's and Gettn Basted

buffet-- Grand Country

McFarlain's isn't bad, pies are good.

Fuddruckers does put out a pretty good hamburger, so does Billy Bobs and Burger Shack.

I can't tell a lot of difference in the Pizza places in Branson, all about the same to me.

for a snack Andy's Frozen Custard is pretty good.

for Breakfast, Grand Country again... Denny's and even the Golden Corral does a decent breakfast.
OkieAnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 12:54 PM   #8
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

My go to for almost everything is Branson’s Center Stage Grill.
BBQ - this Kansas City BBQ snob loves Gettin’ Basted. Shorty Small’s and Danna’s are both decent as well.
I honestly haven’t found a really good spot for Italian. And I agree with one of the previous posters that there’s not a really good pizza place here any more either.
bransoncutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 04:05 PM   #9
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Favorite samich is the French Dip at Danna's Branson West. Out of this world. For fast food Chic fil a is hard to beat. The cook it yourself pizza is excellent at Papa Murphys. They really load it up with toppings and the regular crust is excellent. Price is right also. Lots of weekly specials too.
Steak at Long Horn Steakhouse is excellent.

Buffalo could fly if we would just stop eating their wings.
DalmatianDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 04:06 PM   #10
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thankfulldadof3 View Post
We went to Godfathers pizza buffet and it was just awful.

Wow, first time I've heard that.
Ain't that the truth! LOL

Quote:
I can't tell a lot of difference in the Pizza places in Branson, all about the same to me.
But that's part of the greatness of Godfather's. If you don't like any of the many, many selections of pizza you can just go over to the hot buffet. Getsome of the best fried (Broasted) chicken in Branson. Hot veggies, pasta with your choice of red or white sauce. Also choose from the salad bar. Then there the cinnamon pull-apart, and dessert pizzas.
I have heard the new Pizza Ranch is very similar, but haven't tried it myself.

Last edited by rjw1991A1; 04-24-2019 at 04:08 PM.
rjw1991A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 03:29 AM   #11
flyfishinggolfer

Godfather's Buffet was awful? We are coming down tonight and will most likely visit Godfather's for the umpteenth time. After eating there, I am usually good for 24 hours. Landry's on 76 is very good, clean with excellent service. Salt Grass on the Landing is the same. I believe they are run by same outfit. Cantina Loredo mixes up the guacamole right in front your table. I think Charlies Steak and Ribs is very underrated. We have never had a bad meal or time there.
flyfishinggolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 05:27 AM   #12
KJN
Super Ultra Member

Our favorites are:
Danna's-BBQ
Billy Bob's-burgers & shakes
McFarlains-chicken pot pie and amazing corn bread
Pizza Ranch
Hook & Ladder Pizza in Hollister
Sugar Leaf
Grand Country-buffet
KJN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 08:42 AM   #13
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Godfather's Buffet was awful? We are coming down tonight and will most likely visit Godfather's for the umpteenth time. After eating there, I am usually good for 24 hours. Landry's on 76 is very good, clean with excellent service. Salt Grass on the Landing is the same. I believe they are run by same outfit. Cantina Loredo mixes up the guacamole right in front your table. I think Charlies Steak and Ribs is very underrated. We have never had a bad meal or time there.
That is saying a lot coming from Fly. It's not hard to tell from his posts that he is a class guy, and enjoys the finer things in life. But he still appreciates a great place to eat even if it isn't a fine dining restaurant.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:31 PM   #14
Diane1611
Missing Branson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalmatianDad View Post
Favorite samich is the French Dip at Danna's Branson West. Out of this world. For fast food Chic fil a is hard to beat. The cook it yourself pizza is excellent at Papa Murphys. They really load it up with toppings and the regular crust is excellent. Price is right also. Lots of weekly specials too.
Steak at Long Horn Steakhouse is excellent.
DD, didn't Longhorn Steakhouse close? We went there 2 years ago and we were not impressed - it was expensive and the steak was nothing to write home about.

Our favorite places in Branson for dinner: Danna's, McFarland's, Florentina's Italian Ristorante (we think it's better than Olive Garden), and Montana Mike's. For lunch, we like Steak 'n Shake on Hwy. 248 and the buffet at CiCi's.
Diane1611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 04:32 AM   #15
kstater1997
Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane1611 View Post
DD, didn't Longhorn Steakhouse close? We went there 2 years ago and we were not impressed - it was expensive and the steak was nothing to write home about.
Not Longhorns, that's Lone Star Steakhouse that closed. Longhorn's is a great place to eat!!
kstater1997 is offline   Reply With Quote