1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Other Destinations

Old 04-05-2019, 06:37 PM   #1
leftsaidted
Ultra Member

The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band

Anyone else here besides me a fan of "The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band"? They are going to be in concert close to Branson, in Springfield, at the Outland Ballroom on April 10...no age restrictions! Probably one of the, if not THE, tightest, most upbeat "simple" 3 piece hard driving "Blues-y" band, consisting of the lead singer playing mainly either an authentic 1930's "Resonator" or a "Steel Body" vintage guitars, played finger picking and slide style, his wife on Washboard, and a drummer with a tiny drum, and usually a 5 gallon bucket, oil can, and or suitcase. Sounds like it would be a chintzy performance, but it is QUALITY, music along with vocals. Check them out if you have never seen them. I guess my favorite top songs they perform would be "Can't Steal My Shine", "Pot Roast and Kisses, and "Broke Until Payday" "Rounding Up Girls", and "Clap Your Hands"...but there are a ton more good ones!
leftsaidted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 06:31 PM   #2
WireRoad

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftsaidted View Post
Anyone else here besides me a fan of "The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band"? They are going to be in concert close to Branson, in Springfield, at the Outland Ballroom on April 10...no age restrictions! Probably one of the, if not THE, tightest, most upbeat "simple" 3 piece hard driving "Blues-y" band, consisting of the lead singer playing mainly either an authentic 1930's "Resonator" or a "Steel Body" vintage guitars, played finger picking and slide style, his wife on Washboard, and a drummer with a tiny drum, and usually a 5 gallon bucket, oil can, and or suitcase. Sounds like it would be a chintzy performance, but it is QUALITY, music along with vocals. Check them out if you have never seen them. I guess my favorite top songs they perform would be "Can't Steal My Shine", "Pot Roast and Kisses, and "Broke Until Payday" "Rounding Up Girls", and "Clap Your Hands"...but there are a ton more good ones!
I love The Rev. & Breezy. They put on a great fun show. I'm not a huge fan of The Outland as a venue, but oh well. Their show is kind of amped up Delta Blues with a bit of a punk attitude at times. Two Bottles of Wine played live is a show highlight. They're coming thru Springfield headed to play at the Juke Joint Fest in Clarksdale,MS that weekend. This one of my fav tunes of theirs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMbjbItcLYU
WireRoad is offline   Reply With Quote