1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Old 01-29-2018, 08:42 AM   #1
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Little Hacienda- branson

Stopped in this weekend to see our favorite waiter, Greg and get some of those fajitas!!
We have one of the Branson Guest Cards which allows us to get a free Quacamole with 2 entree's. We always get the Fajitas for 2, which has always counted as 2 entree's.

To say that our visit was disappointing would be an understatement.. First of all we asked to be seated at a table, and the gal could not uncerstand our request and put us in a booth. (When she left us, we scooted over to a table).
At that time we asked for Greg, and she didnt have a clue what we were asking.. .
Finally Our waiter came out and fortunately he spoke fluent English.. Asked about Greg again, was told he had been gone since December..!! WHAT?? Say it isnt so!! Greg has been a fixture of this company for years!!..
Ok! well not happy now! Anyway, ordered our Fajitas, Queso, and requested out Quac.. Was informed that since the fajitas for 2 were only 1 Entree, the Branson Guest Card would not be honored... OK!! that raised my Blood Pressure.!! I accepted their excuse, only because I had 3 guests with me and I didnt want to go Postal with witnesses.
they brought a little bowl (cup) of cheese, I had ordered the "bowl". these guys are losing points fast!
Finally got waters, by then i needed a beer, ordered my 5.00 Corona,. (used to be 4.00).
Food arrived after what seemed like a five year wait.!. Now of course the Fajitas were awesome! They always re. so we ate our meal, waiter checked back on us regularly, we had to wait on chips, salsa and extra napkins , but got along there ok.
waiter asked if we were done, i said yeas, he asked if he could present the bill , sure bring it.. I looked at it and said to myself. "self this cant be right"!. I asked waiter for a menu so i could check prices... Turns out bill was correct...
small cup queso- 5 bucks (used to be 3.50), Bowl was 5 bucks
Coronas 5.00,(used to be 4.00)
Fajitas for 2 30.00!! (Used to be 22.00)
i dont have any idea about the price increase on the rest of the meals, I orded what we have always had before..! I guess the owner is trying to pay for the new building in 1 year??
Anyway, now I am fired up! so i asked for manager, questioned him about the Branson Guest Card and the Quac we were not allowed to have... He said YES you should have been served the Quac with fajitas for 2 (considered 2 entree's), for no charge.! Great! Does us a lot of good now!. He offered to make us same and send it home with us! HUH!!?? no thanks, its sat afternoon and I am in Motel. wont help me know..

I probably wont be back, poor service, prices seem VERY high to me, Hired help not properly trained. Too bad, I loved that place, But it just isnt the same since the move..

Rant Over!!

QUESTION... I was told that Greg was at Starvin Marvins. Does anyway here know Greg? Is he there? Or do you know where he is...
AND.. I Need suggestions for a good, friendly Mexican Joint in Branson, preferably NOT on 76..

Ideas? thanks,
sanddunerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 08:49 AM   #2
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Not happy to hear this. I was very impressed with them at the old location. Kind of a step up from the more common "strip mall" mexican places, but not to the higher end "special" place like Cantina Laredo.
Hope they realize their mistake before it's too late.
Old 01-29-2018, 09:47 AM   #3
quiet65
Super Ultra Member

I have eaten along with family at Little Hacienda and know greg and his wife, I beleive her name is laura. He is or was at starvin marvins

If you go in next time ask for laura she will make sure you are well taken care of.

We went recently and food was ok but service was lousy and waitress didnt understand english well, go around lunch time. tell her about your experience and who waited on you. the place is not the same since the move,

want a good mexican place go to Hollister by country mart and the place is EL Patio very good food and service
Old 01-29-2018, 10:22 AM   #4
quiet65
Super Ultra Member

I have not been there yet but need to go. I will give a review when I get there
Old 01-29-2018, 10:38 AM   #5
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet65 View Post
I have eaten along with family at Little Hacienda and know greg and his wife, I beleive her name is laura. He is or was at starvin marvins

If you go in next time ask for laura she will make sure you are well taken care of.

We went recently and food was ok but service was lousy and waitress didnt understand english well, go around lunch time. tell her about your experience and who waited on you. the place is not the same since the move,

want a good mexican place go to Hollister by country mart and the place is EL Patio very good food and service
Yes, I know his wife, Laura... Did not see her there sat..

I will be going to Marvins for sure next month to check on him

thanks
Old 01-29-2018, 12:58 PM   #6
quiet65
Super Ultra Member

I think she works till 3 but not sure. ask the owner and if she is not there fid out when she will be, she wont let nothin like that happen while shes there. not sure about strvin marvins it is closed for remodel the sign says. good luck l
Old 01-29-2018, 02:09 PM   #7
tortminder
Mobile Methane Generator

Try Las Fajitas Locos across from the wax museum. Family owned. Made from scratch food.

"dictum meum pactum"
My word is my bond

Laughter is the best medicine... unless you have diarrhea!

tortminder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 02:46 PM   #8
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet65 View Post
I think she works till 3 but not sure. ask the owner and if she is not there fid out when she will be, she wont let nothin like that happen while shes there. not sure about strvin marvins it is closed for remodel the sign says. good luck l
We were there at noon on sat. might have been a dozen or so other people eating. I would like to have seen her.
Old 01-30-2018, 08:43 AM   #9
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Not happy to hear this. I was very impressed with them at the old location. Kind of a step up from the more common "strip mall" mexican places, but not to the higher end "special" place like Cantina Laredo.
Hope they realize their mistake before it's too late.
They are for sure trying for that "4 star" look and feel..

I dont know why.

it's Branson missouri, be friendly, have good service, good food, and decent prices. you will have a good business.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:50 AM   #10
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortminder View Post
Try Las Fajitas Locos across from the wax museum. Family owned. Made from scratch food.
Is that is the place that was little diner called Penelope's many years ago? It's been several Mexican restaurants since.