Old 12-18-2017, 01:58 PM   #1
VictoriasMom
Ultra Member

Big D's BBQ

Wow, they will give my other favorite bbq place a run for their $$

Open from 11-2pm M-F @ 1818 MO-248, Branson, MO 65616

Grab some lunch to go.
And check FB for daily specials: https://www.facebook.com/BestBransonBBQ/

Best brisket sandwich I have had since Texas!
Old 12-18-2017, 04:38 PM   #2
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriasMom View Post
Wow, they will give my other favorite bbq place a run for their $$

Open from 11-2pm M-F @ 1818 MO-248, Branson, MO 65616

Grab some lunch to go.
And check FB for daily specials: https://www.facebook.com/BestBransonBBQ/

Best brisket sandwich I have had since Texas!
Food Truck? or in this case, Food Trailer?
Old 12-18-2017, 04:48 PM   #3
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanddunerider View Post
Food Truck? or in this case, Food Trailer?
Yup. Food truck that was at Bigfoot until sometime this fall. Now they are moving to various places. Not bad BBQ. They were out of brisket the day I was there. I wasn't as totally impressed as one of my friends here in town is. But it wasn't bad at all. No Jack Stack's. No Joe's. But it's not bad at all.
Old 12-18-2017, 06:23 PM   #4
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bransoncutie View Post
Yup. Food truck that was at Bigfoot until sometime this fall. Now they are moving to various places. Not bad BBQ. They were out of brisket the day I was there. I wasn't as totally impressed as one of my friends here in town is. But it wasn't bad at all. No Jack Stack's. No Joe's. But it's not bad at all.
Hmm? OK? will think about it,

But honestly, I think I will end up sitting at Gettin' Basted, enjoying the indoor atomsphere..
Old 12-18-2017, 10:16 PM   #5
OkieAnon

When they were parked at Bigfoot last summer we picked up an order to go, I thought the bbq brisket was very good, I would put it close to Gettn Basted good, but what set the two apart was the sides. At the food truck we got a very small cup of beans, they were good but there wasn't that many of them. Gettn Basted had this large side order of homemade potato chips, they were good and a lot of them.

I would go to either place again for the meat, Basted might get the nod because of the sides and more value for the $$ but really you can't have to many bbq places.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:27 AM   #6
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Hmm? OK? will think about it,

But honestly, I think I will end up sitting at Gettin' Basted, enjoying the indoor atomsphere..
Same here!
Old 12-19-2017, 09:48 AM   #7
VictoriasMom
Ultra Member

Quote:
Now they are moving to various places..
It is my understanding that that they are staying where they are at.

They do a lot of catering.

I agree if I have time, I will sit down at Gettin Basted. But if only 30 minutes for lunch, I will go to Big D's. Convenient for me. I guess it depends what side of town you are at.
Old 12-19-2017, 11:42 AM   #8
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriasMom View Post
It is my understanding that that they are staying where they are at.

They do a lot of catering.

I agree if I have time, I will sit down at Gettin Basted. But if only 30 minutes for lunch, I will go to Big D's. Convenient for me. I guess it depends what side of town you are at.
True. And how much lunch break you get. When Starlite doesn't have 3 shows going in a day, I usually have time to go to Gettin' Basted. But there are those days that a food truck would be more convenient.
Old 12-19-2017, 09:53 PM   #9
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

So does Starlite have shows throughout the Winter? If not, will Gittin Basted be open. Maybe an opportunity to give them another try with parking available.
Old 12-19-2017, 10:08 PM   #10
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
So does Starlite have shows throughout the Winter? If not, will Gittin Basted be open. Maybe an opportunity to give them another try with parking available.
No they wont be open., their last day will be dec 30th...I saw this was posted on FB tonight,,,
""
We have just a few days until Gettin' Basted closes for the season, so get over to the Starlite and get your BBQ fix before it's too late!

We have big changes coming for 2018. We will be back open at our new location just down the strip (2845 W 76 Country Blvd) on February 9th! Same great food cooked on the same drum smokers, but now with convenient parking and more space!

We also have big plans for the Starlite Theatre location! We are bringing our award winning wagyu burgers and sandwiches from the Downing Street Pour House to the Branson strip! D-Street will be opening in March!""

There new location for Gettin Basted is the old Baldknobbers restauraunt.. LOTS of parking and room inside to sit.

Looks like they are keeping the Starlite Location for a new food venture..
Old 12-19-2017, 11:08 PM   #11
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
No they wont be open., their last day will be dec 30th...I saw this was posted on FB tonight,,,
""
We have just a few days until Gettin' Basted closes for the season, so get over to the Starlite and get your BBQ fix before it's too late!

We have big changes coming for 2018. We will be back open at our new location just down the strip (2845 W 76 Country Blvd) on February 9th! Same great food cooked on the same drum smokers, but now with convenient parking and more space!

We also have big plans for the Starlite Theatre location! We are bringing our award winning wagyu burgers and sandwiches from the Downing Street Pour House to the Branson strip! D-Street will be opening in March!""

There new location for Gettin Basted is the old Baldknobbers restauraunt.. LOTS of parking and room inside to sit.

Looks like they are keeping the Starlite Location for a new food venture..
So the Red Barn Cafe & Hen House Bakery closed? Hate to see that, I liked that place. But it is good that Gettin Basted has resolved the parking problem.
Old 12-20-2017, 06:36 AM   #12
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
So the Red Barn Cafe & Hen House Bakery closed? Hate to see that, I liked that place. But it is good that Gettin Basted has resolved the parking problem.
That is my understanding yes. I googled the address and thats what I came up with..

I didnt eat there alot, but every now and then. will miss it, AND the Cinnamon Rolls.!
Old 12-20-2017, 10:24 AM   #13
bransoncutie
Spectacular Ultra Member

Quote:
Yeah, they closed several months back. Never did a lot of business. And I never heard much good about them from friends who ate there.

I'm glad that there will be plenty of parking and no need to try to check the theatre schedule before deciding to go get BBQ for lunch!
Old 12-21-2017, 12:57 PM   #14
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Yeah, they closed several months back. Never did a lot of business. And I never heard much good about them from friends who ate there.
Maybe one of them was me! . I ate at Red Barn one time only shortly after they opened in Branson. It was obvious that it was closed when I went by there in early November and I also saw the “for lease” sign. It didn’t surprise me at all.
Old 12-21-2017, 02:18 PM   #15
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by can'tcatchup View Post
Maybe one of them was me! . I ate at Red Barn one time only shortly after they opened in Branson. It was obvious that it was closed when I went by there in early November and I also saw the “for lease” sign. It didn’t surprise me at all.
Maybe it depended on what you ordered. I never did the buffet, always ordered from the menu. They had awesome fried chicken. From the menu it was always fooked fresh to order.

Last edited by rjw1991A1; 12-30-2017 at 10:10 PM.

Closed Thread