1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Dining

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 08:41 PM   #1
Branson Junkie
Super Ultra Member

Where We've Eaten

Only been in town since last evening, so we haven't eaten lots yet. Prior to the Dream Boys show last night we ate at Shorty Smalls. First time for us, but we will definitely be back. Our pulled pork sandwiches were excellent and the free onion loaf was good too.

This morning we had breakfast at Jackie B Goode's Uptown Diner. Their breakfast buffet is one we get to more than once on each trip. Lots of good things on it - fresh fruit, waffles and cinnamon rolls (to die for), along with the usuals - biscuits and gravy, eggs, hash browns, bacon and sausage.

After all that, tonight was just a cheeseburger and onion rings from Sonic split between the two of us. I did have a strawberry shake though. The cheeseburger/onion ring special for $3 is a deal for sure.
Old 10-29-2017, 09:29 PM   #2
Daytimer
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branson Junkie View Post
Only been in town since last evening, so we haven't eaten lots yet. Prior to the Dream Boys show last night we ate at Shorty Smalls. First time for us, but we will definitely be back. Our pulled pork sandwiches were excellent and the free onion loaf was good too.

This morning we had breakfast at Jackie B Goode's Uptown Diner. Their breakfast buffet is one we get to more than once on each trip. Lots of good things on it - fresh fruit, waffles and cinnamon rolls (to die for), along with the usuals - biscuits and gravy, eggs, hash browns, bacon and sausage.

After all that, tonight was just a cheeseburger and onion rings from Sonic split between the two of us. I did have a strawberry shake though. The cheeseburger/onion ring special for $3 is a deal for sure.
What was the price for uptown ?
Old 10-29-2017, 09:48 PM   #3
Branson Junkie
Super Ultra Member

Seems to me like it's $7.50 or thereabouts and then the drink is extra. We both ate for about $20 tip included.
Old 10-30-2017, 10:36 AM   #4
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Seems to me like it's $7.50 or thereabouts and then the drink is extra. We both ate for about $20 tip included.
Hum, a buck more and you can go to Grand Country!
No comparison I'm sure. Just can't beat Grand Country for a huge breakfast buffet full of great food. Even an omelet station. All for $8.49 plus drink and tax.
Old 10-30-2017, 10:42 AM   #5
Branson Junkie
Super Ultra Member

I've never eaten the Grand Buffet for breakfast, but I consider their lunch one to be the best I've ever eaten anywhere. We like this one though and it's handy for us.
Old 10-30-2017, 11:34 AM   #6
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

I can see a little convenience being a plus. I would imagine they are not as busy as GC. But because Grand Country is so large, and has two complete buffet lines plus a separate cold food line even when very busy there isn't much of a wait.
Give them a try for breakfast. You won't be sorry.
Old 10-31-2017, 05:37 PM   #7
Branson Junkie
Super Ultra Member

Today's dining choices included the Farmhouse for breakfast - quite tasty for sure. Tonight we tried the Pickin' Porch Grill and it too was good.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:15 PM   #8
Branson Junkie
Super Ultra Member

Today we only ate out once, with breakfast at the condo and supper sub sandwiches purchased at Price Chopper. Lunch after the Down Home Country show was at the Grand Buffet. Great as usual. Loved the chili and dinner rolls especially, and then there's the blackberry cobbler. Wow!!!
Old 11-02-2017, 08:14 AM   #9
LaJoe
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Today's dining choices included the Farmhouse for breakfast - quite tasty for sure. Tonight we tried the Pickin' Porch Grill and it too was good.
On our trip a month ago, we did the Farmhouse for breakfast for the first time in many, many years. The wait was short, and we enjoyed breakfast a lot and will do it again soon.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:13 PM   #10
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Now Branson Junkie, time to try BranSubs for a great lunch tomorrow.
That is if you haven't been there. If you have you already know how great it is.

Last edited by rjw1991A1; 11-03-2017 at 12:41 PM.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:58 AM   #11
Branson Junkie
Super Ultra Member

Yesterday was Godfathers buffet for lunch. Everything was good - especially the pizza and chicken. Too bad one guy in the buffet line decided to take 4 - that's right, 4 chicken legs after they'd just filled the pan. Ridiculous.

Late supper at Tequila's 2. We ordered from the lunch menu for smaller portions but were stuffed, and those chips and salsa are great too. Wonder why they give you a quart of ice tea, soda, etc.? Way more than I can drink.

Sorry to say we probably won't make it to Bransubs as someone suggested. Where is it anyway?
Old 11-03-2017, 12:47 PM   #12
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Sorry to say we probably won't make it to Bransubs as someone suggested. Where is it anyway?
And no, was suposed to be now. LOL. Fat fingers, small keys.
It is on Fall Creek Rd. Between the 76 strip by Legands, and Hwy 165 by Fall Creek steak house. Maybe a little closer to 165. Tiny little place that was a Hawaiian Ice and hot dog place a few years ago.
All in house smoked meats, and home made sides.
https://www.bransubs.com
Old 11-03-2017, 03:53 PM   #13
ggh
Super User

[QUOTE=Branson Junkie;909997]

Late supper at Tequila's 2. We ordered from the lunch menu for smaller portions but were stuffed, and those chips and salsa are great too. Wonder why they give you a quart of ice tea, soda, etc.? Way more than I can drink.

QUOTE]

The tea makes it sound like that's my kind of place! We all drink when we eat - and I hate it when my glass goes empty. This is a perfect remedy, IMO.
Old 11-03-2017, 11:13 PM   #14
Branson Junkie
Super Ultra Member

Two good meals today - Breakfast at Bob Evans. I know it's a chain, but not one we have at home. My breakfast was almost more than I could eat and certainly much more than I needed but it was good. The french toast was wonderful.

Supper tonight was Montana Mike's - across from Clay Coopers so we could park at the show and then walk across to eat. Waited about 20 minutes but it was worth it. I had the chopped sirloin and a sweet potato - both very good. My husband had steak and shrimp and he gave both high marks. We'll be back.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:13 AM   #15
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Just wanted to say, BJ, that I appreciate you taking the time to post reviews of all the shows, restaurants, etc. you have visited on this trip.

Closed Thread