1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Outdoor Activities

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 09:31 AM   #1
riverdees05

Recommendations - Party Boat Fishing

Would like to do some fishing while in Branson, but don't want to rent a boat and guide. Are there any party boat companies? I know on the Ocean and Gulf there are boats that go out and you can pay to join in on the fishing.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:10 AM   #2
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverdees05 View Post
Would like to do some fishing while in Branson, but don't want to rent a boat and guide. Are there any party boat companies? I know on the Ocean and Gulf there are boats that go out and you can pay to join in on the fishing.
I would check out State Park Marina.
http://www.stateparkmarina.com/index.php
They have a great party boat and people seem to have a great time, but it doesn't involve fishing. Nonetheless, I'd call them with your question. I'd bet they have some ideas.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:46 PM   #3
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

I don't know of any fishing party boat operations in Branson.
How many people are going to be in your party? Can any of them operate a boat?
Might have an idea for you.
Old 10-09-2017, 06:19 AM   #4
flyfishinggolfer

Party boat

Fishing in the ocean is a complete 180 from fresh water fishing. There's no baiting the fish up. There are no schools of tuna. Rent a pontoon on Taneycomo and you'll scare up some trout.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:21 AM   #5
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfishinggolfer View Post
Fishing in the ocean is a complete 180 from fresh water fishing. There's no baiting the fish up. There are no schools of tuna. Rent a pontoon on Taneycomo and you'll scare up some trout.
Exactly. That would be my suggestion. Several places to rent pontoons on Taneycomo.
My first choice would be Lilleys Landing. A pontoon for ten would run $295/full day, for 12 it's $329. Add a one day Missouri fishing permit ($7),and annual trout permit ($7) and you are right around fifty bucks each, Pretty much what you pay on the coastal party boats. They can set you up with rental tackle, bait, and good information on what to do to catch fish. I see very few pontoon parties on Taneycomo not catching fish. Maybe not the higger ones that some of us target, but usually lots of fish including keepers, and sometimes really big ones.

Closed Thread