1 Branson. com MO Forum
   

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Other Destinations

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2017, 12:19 PM   #16
Suselit
Super Ultra Member
 
Suselit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 25,252
8 Incredible Southern California Day Trips You Can Take By Train

http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/south...-trips-so-cal/

Most of these trips are on the Pacific Surfliner, which I can highly recommend.
Suselit is offline  
Old 02-23-2017, 01:32 PM   #17
Ms_Terese
Local Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 3,080
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suselit View Post
http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/south...-trips-so-cal/

Most of these trips are on the Pacific Surfliner, which I can highly recommend.
I opened this thread, because it was "New" in the newsfeed, but started at the beginning.

Saw Minny's post 2nd one down, and caught my breath. Hadn't looked at the date.

Gosh I miss him.
__________________
Ms_T
Local Outsider
Ms_Terese is offline  
Old 02-23-2017, 02:36 PM   #18
LaJoe
Super Ultra Member
 
LaJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,464
We were in San Diego two weeks ago and took the Pacific Surfliner up to Fullerton Station. My 87 YO uncle met us and we went home with him and visited a few hours before taking the train back. The train was a great experience. Beautiful trip. I highly recommend it.

We had a rent car and there was no parking at the San Diego stations so we drive up to Solana Beach and caught the train. We enjoyed looking around there, too.

My wife did the driving around San Diego. I don't think I could have handled it. Sometimes 7 lanes across.
__________________
Foggy River Boys Fan Forever
LaJoe is offline  
Old 02-23-2017, 03:33 PM   #19
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member
 
biscuitcreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Arkansas Ozarks
Posts: 15,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms_Terese View Post
I opened this thread, because it was "New" in the newsfeed, but started at the beginning.

Saw Minny's post 2nd one down, and caught my breath. Hadn't looked at the date.

Gosh I miss him.
Minny is missed here. So sorry he didn't get to take one more big trip as he said he wanted to do in one of his posts in this thread.
biscuitcreek is offline  
Old 02-23-2017, 06:40 PM   #20
Suselit
Super Ultra Member
 
Suselit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 25,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaJoe View Post
We were in San Diego two weeks ago and took the Pacific Surfliner up to Fullerton Station. My 87 YO uncle met us and we went home with him and visited a few hours before taking the train back. The train was a great experience. Beautiful trip. I highly recommend it.

We had a rent car and there was no parking at the San Diego stations so we drive up to Solana Beach and caught the train. We enjoyed looking around there, too.

My wife did the driving around San Diego. I don't think I could have handled it. Sometimes 7 lanes across.
"When the Swallows Come Back to Capistrano"
I love San Diego and Coronado and LaJolla. But not the Freeway driving.
Suselit is offline  
Old 02-23-2017, 06:45 PM   #21
Suselit
Super Ultra Member
 
Suselit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 25,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post
Minny is missed here. So sorry he didn't get to take one more big trip as he said he wanted to do in one of his posts in this thread.
I feel the same.
I wish he and Ann had been able to have that time together to enjoy another trip.
Suselit is offline  
Old 02-24-2017, 09:03 AM   #22
LaJoe
Super Ultra Member
 
LaJoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suselit View Post
"When the Swallows Come Back to Capistrano"
I love San Diego and Coronado and LaJolla. But not the Freeway driving.
We stayed at Loew's Coronado Bay. Beautiful place.
__________________
Foggy River Boys Fan Forever
LaJoe is offline  
Old 02-24-2017, 12:11 PM   #23
Suselit
Super Ultra Member
 
Suselit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 25,252
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaJoe View Post
We stayed at Loew's Coronado Bay. Beautiful place.
Yes! It is. You were fortunate indeed!
Suselit is offline  


 

Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Patricia, nasty hurricane in the Pacific OkieAnon Just for Chit Chat 2 10-23-2015 03:48 PM
590 West Pacific ChandlerGirl695 Branson Missouri Other 1 05-19-2004 08:49 AM
Train? scissortail Eureka Springs Arkansas 8 06-02-2003 09:05 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:45 PM.


--