1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Attractions

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 09:27 AM   #1
lovethesouth

Fall in SDC?

When does SDC replace their fall decorations with Christmas decorations? I want to get up there this year in time to see the fall decor. TIA.
Old 08-29-2014, 09:36 AM   #2
LaJoe
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethesouth View Post
When does SDC replace their fall decorations with Christmas decorations? I want to get up there this year in time to see the fall decor. TIA.
They start the change-over to Christmas in late October. If you go in September or early October it should be all fall stuff (I think).
Old 08-29-2014, 11:12 AM   #3
jap114

The Harvest Festival runs thru October 25th, then they close for a week to redecorate and reopen for the Christmas Festival on November 1st.

Pretty sure they start stringing lights before the end of harvest festival though

http://www.silverdollarcity.com/theme-park.aspx
Old 08-29-2014, 11:47 AM   #4
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jap114 View Post
The Harvest Festival runs thru October 25th, then they close for a week to redecorate and reopen for the Christmas Festival on November 1st.

Pretty sure they start stringing lights before the end of harvest festival though

http://www.silverdollarcity.com/theme-park.aspx
Actually, they have already started stringing lights. Saw some up when I was at SDC last Friday.

But the change of the decor does start taking place before the end of the Harvest Festival.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:51 PM   #5
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Actually, they have already started stringing lights. Saw some up when I was at SDC last Friday.
In true Hillbilly style, I think a lot of the Christmas lights are kept up year round!
Old 08-29-2014, 03:02 PM   #6
Daytimer
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethesouth View Post
I would love to see the Fall decorations there too. I have wanted to for years, but just can't seem to make it!
Old 08-29-2014, 08:53 PM   #7
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

the fall festival is one of my favorites... led only by OTC.. the the last 4 mmonths of the year...
Old 08-30-2014, 10:31 PM   #8
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
In true Hillbilly style, I think a lot of the Christmas lights are kept up year round!

My wife said I should keep our Christmas lights up year-round so I didn't have to bother with putting them up and taking them down every year. I said there is no way on earth I would ever do something like that. She said it would be OK down here. I said, sure... if you're a hillbilly!! She didn't like that comment much.

One thing I wish they did have... I will even put the idea out there for someone to get rich with if they want to bother with it. A combined Halloween/Christmas string of lights. The lights would be placed twice as close together as a normal light string, and alternate between orange and Christmas colors. You would control whether they displayed orange or the Christmas colors with a switch. You could put them up before Halloween, turn them off in early November, and then turn them back on at Thanksgiving.

Good Times in Branson
Old 08-30-2014, 10:39 PM   #9
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Fall is my favorite time of year at SDC. The weather is gorgeous, and both the Ozarks and SDC are beautiful then. I love the Christmas lights, shows and parade, but it is often too cold to enjoy much anything else. This Minnesota boy has turned into a cold-weather wimp since living here. I used to never even wear a leather jacked until it got below 45 degrees and didn't haul out my parka until it was down to 20 degrees. Now anything below 45 and the parka goes on.

Good Times in Branson
Old 08-31-2014, 06:42 AM   #10
teacherkim
Super Ultra Member

Fall decor is out till the end of October, but last year the leaves didn't really start turning until that time. So we went to SDC the first weekend of November and the leaves were at their peak turning... with Christmas decorations everywhere. It was very strange. If you want to catch the leaves turning, I'd say go as late in October as you can without getting into Christmas stuff.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:18 PM   #11
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

The Fall season is beaitiful at SDC. With cool temperatures, Fall colors, and the smell of wood fires from some of the outdoor cooking, and the barrel maker. But Christmas is still my favorite. Even the times we were all bundled up, and a little snow or sleet spitting in the night air, are some of my fondest memories of SDC.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:54 AM   #12
justgohogs

Lovely Bride and I

were at SDC last Saturday. The National Harvest and Cowboy Festival is awesome. Be sure to see the new "Wild West Show" and try the Pulled Pork Skillet and the hot Apple Dumpling with Cinnamon Ice Cream.
Old 09-15-2014, 01:02 PM   #13
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
The Fall season is beaitiful at SDC. With cool temperatures, Fall colors, and the smell of wood fires from some of the outdoor cooking, and the barrel maker. But Christmas is still my favorite. Even the times we were all bundled up, and a little snow or sleet spitting in the night air, are some of my fondest memories of SDC.
Splash Harbor and Geyser Gulch are really not much fun then.

Winston Churchill
Old 09-15-2014, 01:03 PM   #14
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justgohogs View Post
were at SDC last Saturday. The National Harvest and Cowboy Festival is awesome. Be sure to see the new "Wild West Show" and try the Pulled Pork Skillet and the hot Apple Dumpling with Cinnamon Ice Cream.
Did you see the trick riders, and hoop dancers? I think they are in the Red Gold Barn. We're coming later this week, and bringing our almost 4 year old granddaughter. I think she will really enjoy that show. "Dissy Stampede" is already one of her Branson favorites, so I think this will be fun for her.
Old 09-15-2014, 03:36 PM   #15
justgohogs

We did see the Wild West Show in the Red-Gold Arena/Theatre and wished that our Grandsons were with us. The trained dogs were hilarious! And, Nakota, the hoop dancer is amazing!

Closed Thread