Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Shows

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2014, 12:35 PM   #16
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy View Post
We have used "Branson 2 for 1" vouchers a couple of times and it has worked out well. The last vouchers we bought could not be turned into seat tickets until 2 hours prior to show time. The shows we saw were not full, so it worked out fine. What happens if you go 2 hours before show time and the show is sold out?
That is the policy of the particular show. None that I have gotten tickets through B2 for 1 for have had that policy. Quite often I get the tickets a day or so ahead. If it concerns you, call the theater and ask before you purchase the voucher.

Quote:
What happens if you go 2 hours before show time and the show is sold out?
LOL Right, like that's gonna happen!
Old 09-01-2014, 01:55 PM   #17
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member

What show was it? I know that the Duttons have the policy to redeem 2 for 1 vouchers 30 minutes before showtime, and I think the same was true for the Hughes Brothers, or used to be. But I thought those were the only ones, unless some of the new shows recently added have that restriction.

The vouchers are not usually restricted to a specific day, so if you're flexible & have time to go another day, you could use them then. I realize that's not possible if you were planning on a sold out show your last day in Branson. But 2 for 1 is in communication with the shows, & often will tell you if a show is sold out for a certain date. I know this because I like to go to Grand Jubilee on most Branson visits - This is a show that often sells out, or is at near capacity, especially on Friday's - On one occasion last year when I requested a voucher from 2 for 1 for this show, they asked when I was planning to use it. When I told them, they told me they were sorry, but that show was sold out so they wouldn't sell me a voucher. When I explained to them that I had already phoned & got a reservation before they sold out, everything was ok & they sold me the voucher.

So what I'm saying is that the folks at 2 for 1 won't sell you a voucher knowing that you want to attend a show that they know is sold out.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:00 PM   #18
helppitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
That is the policy of the particular show. None that I have gotten tickets through B2 for 1 for have had that policy. Quite often I get the tickets a day or so ahead. If it concerns you, call the theater and ask before you purchase the voucher.

LOL Right, like that's gonna happen!
I've been to several shows that have "Sold Out". Especially around Thankgiving.
I think last year alone ( & I live here), we went to SIX, Daniel O'Donnell, Smoke On the Mountain (twice) & they were sold out. I'm sure there are several others. This year we went to the Haygoods on a Sat.night & they were sold out, so shows do sell out (not often, but it happens).
Old 09-01-2014, 04:00 PM   #19
kansashusker
Super Ultra Member

I believe 2 for 1 will exchange the vouchers for another show if you are unable to use them. Most of the shows that consistently sell out are not offered through 2 for 1. And, like another poster has stated, a lot of the shows allow you to make reservations before you get to town to get your voucher at 2 for 1.
Old 09-06-2014, 02:32 PM   #20
Synergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by can'tcatchup View Post
What show was it? I know that the Duttons have the policy to redeem 2 for 1 vouchers 30 minutes before showtime, and I think the same was true for the Hughes Brothers, or used to be. But I thought those were the only ones, unless some of the new shows recently added have that restriction.

The vouchers are not usually restricted to a specific day, so if you're flexible & have time to go another day, you could use them then. I realize that's not possible if you were planning on a sold out show your last day in Branson. But 2 for 1 is in communication with the shows, & often will tell you if a show is sold out for a certain date. I know this because I like to go to Grand Jubilee on most Branson visits - This is a show that often sells out, or is at near capacity, especially on Friday's - On one occasion last year when I requested a voucher from 2 for 1 for this show, they asked when I was planning to use it. When I told them, they told me they were sorry, but that show was sold out so they wouldn't sell me a voucher. When I explained to them that I had already phoned & got a reservation before they sold out, everything was ok & they sold me the voucher.

So what I'm saying is that the folks at 2 for 1 won't sell you a voucher knowing that you want to attend a show that they know is sold out.
Sorry of the late response (been sidetracked lately).

The show was "Billy Dean" at the Starlite Theatre. Wonderful show!!! The lady at "2 for 1" did assure me I would have no problem getting good seats and she was right. The theatre was only a third full, so they were all great seats. We even lucked out and got 3 seats in the second row center. Does not get much better than that! I could not have been more pleased with the seats and the "Billy Dean Show".
Old 09-07-2014, 02:14 PM   #21
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member

I was easily able to get front row at Billy Dean's show in April at the last minute, and the theater was lots emptier than when you were there ... Plus, I paid full price since they weren't selling through 2 for 1 at the time, and that was before they added the comedian too. I was hoping that as "the season" picked up, so would the attendance there.

Closed Thread