1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Missouri Other

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 04:25 PM   #1
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

One Less Curve on W 76 HWY

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/constr...48998_26887480
Old 07-10-2014, 05:09 PM   #2
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Significant construction will take place on 76 between the Highroad and 265 -- rock blasting to move the highway, etc. Hometown Radio says it will start on July 14th, KY3 says it will start July 21. Work is supposed to continue into December.

http://www.hometowndailynews.com/212...elocated_.html

Will make it challenging driving to and from SDC, Indian Point, and Branson West the rest of the year.
Old 07-10-2014, 05:12 PM   #3
Kalt
The Cold One

Aww man, I really like that section. The only good news I can see coming out of this is that they're extending it to two lanes each direction which means no more bottlenecks right there.
Old 07-10-2014, 05:23 PM   #4
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

I can tell tourists from locals if they brake on that curve.

Old 07-10-2014, 07:51 PM   #5
Crazy4Branson
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotJLB View Post
I can tell tourists from locals if they brake on that curve.

Yeah...... the locals don't bother to slow down; they just straddle the yellow line.....
Another reason for the large number of single car fatalities in this area....
Old 07-10-2014, 08:24 PM   #6
perky4branson

Sounds like some more of the "Ozark Beauty" is going to disappear. They just keep taking out more and more trees. After awhile will it just be all "rocks" instead?? We've always come down to see the tress, flowers, etc. but they just keep disappearing as more building takes place. They used to build around them. Now it's "push them out" and move on. Too bad....
Perky4branson
Old 07-10-2014, 11:32 PM   #7
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by perky4branson View Post
Sounds like some more of the "Ozark Beauty" is going to disappear. They just keep taking out more and more trees. After awhile will it just be all "rocks" instead?? We've always come down to see the tress, flowers, etc. but they just keep disappearing as more building takes place. They used to build around them. Now it's "push them out" and move on. Too bad....
Perky4branson
I hate seeing land cleared for new shopping centers and condo developments, but can put up with it for safer roads.

Good Times in Branson
Old 07-11-2014, 07:00 AM   #8
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Branson View Post
How many are there?

Not to confuse straddling the center line with other driving issues, but most of the Ozark American accidents I hear about are from dropping a wheel off the right side and hitting a culvert, or overcorrecting.

Being cognizant of your observation, on those curves I favor the right side of my lane, and assume the natives will want part of my lane near the center line. It seems to be more sensible than having them hit me.

I am a dog-lover, and if they hit me with their pickup, no telling where their dog would wind up.

When my nephew did that, dropped a wheel off the right and hit a culvert, and then wrecked, DW said, "and at hospital they could not find one of his kidneys." I pictured folks out along the road looking for it.

Last edited by NotJLB; 07-11-2014 at 07:03 AM.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:05 AM   #9
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

That's an exciting curve-ending to the "drag-strip" passing zone they put in for the Highroad area.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:16 AM   #10
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Branson View Post
Yeah...... the locals don't bother to slow down; they just straddle the yellow line.....
Quote:
How many are there?

Not to confuse straddling the center line with other driving issues, but most of the Ozark American accidents I hear about are from dropping a wheel off the right side and hitting a culvert, or overcorrecting.

Being cognizant of your observation, on those curves I favor the right side of my lane, and assume the natives will want part of my lane near the center line. It seems to be more sensible than having them hit me.

I am a dog-lover, and if they hit me with their pickup, no telling where their dog would wind up.

When my nephew did that, dropped a wheel off the right and hit a culvert, and then wrecked, DW said, "and at hospital they could not find one of his kidneys." I pictured folks out along the road looking for it.

She didn't say crossovers are the primary reason for single car accidents, but they without a doubt plentiful, along with failure to use seatbelts and distracted driving.
Put them all together and you have brainless driver on curvy, narrow, shoulderless road, no seatbelt, texting, crosses center line and/or drops off road (or a combo of both)--Result??
Oh, I could add tailgating, speeding, vehicle with mechanical problems, alcohol, drugs, trees very close to the road, but we don't need all that overkill--just a few will git ur done.

Old 07-11-2014, 07:28 AM   #11
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

Yet another example of misquoting, or attributing something to me I did not say, or lazy reading, or whatever.
- - - - - -
Not to beat a dead horse, as we do so often, in order to make it deader, but comparable to inept Ozark American native driving is those who drive 45 regardless, and brake at every curve or crest, I guess assuming they do not intend to proceed until they get visual evidence that the road continues.

Why is it that we beat a dead horse? Why not a dead camel, or elephant, or cottonmouth? I think it would make more sense to beat a dead cottonmouth.

Last edited by NotJLB; 07-11-2014 at 10:40 AM.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:15 AM   #12
LaJoe
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Yet another example of misquoting, or attributing something to me I did not say, or lazy reading, or whatever.
- - - - - -
Not to beat a dead horse, as we do so often, in order to make it deader, but comparable to inept Ozark American native driving is those who drive 45 regardless, and brake at every curve or crest, I guess assuming they do not intend to proceed until they get visual evidence that the road continues.

Why is it that we beat a dead horse? Why not a dead camel, or elephant, or cottonmouth? I think it would make sense to beat a dead cottonmouth.
Those people have been assigned to test your blood pressure.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:35 AM   #13
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaJoe View Post
Those people have been assigned to test your blood pressure.
I am normally close enough to them, and they have plenty of time to do it.

Which reminds me, if y'all don't have one of those blood pressure testing thingies sitting around your living room, you need to get one. They are great entertainment, for awhile.

Which for some reason reminds me of when our attorney retired because of a heart problem, and I wondered how that could possibly be.

Last edited by NotJLB; 07-11-2014 at 09:17 PM.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:24 PM   #14
quiet65
I'm somewhere

I almost got rear ended in forsyth when I was signaling to turn in somewhere.
I love driving the hills but some of the folks around here have a little bit of an issue in the brain dept.
I wonder how they would do on a city road
Old 07-11-2014, 03:12 PM   #15
DalmatianDad
aka - DD

At least one good thing about this project is that it will help unsnarl some of the SDC traffic. Now you get into 4 lanes over the bridge only to go down to 2 lanes which then goes back to 4 lanes at the light. Problem is, either way you end up funneled into one lane if you are going to SDC.

Closed Thread