1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Missouri Other

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 10:08 AM   #76
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
Any pictures?
Here, look in my head, where I keep them.

How about word pictures?

gully

filled

hill

half gone
Old 09-15-2014, 06:51 AM   #77
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotJLB View Post
As I said to MODOT, before the paving project, as soon as you ran over the sensor at the highroad exit, near the stop line, unless there had just been a green cycle, the 76 HWY signals immediately changed to yellow.

Yesterday I was at the end of a pretty long line waiting for a green, rather than the one pulling up to the stop line, so I don't know about yesterday.

I assumed that because the line was long, those at the front did not get an immediate green, because there just isn't all that much traffic coming off the highroad.
It appears the light has been corrected, and the sensor is working. I have not had the long waits of recent.
Old 09-30-2014, 04:31 PM   #78
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

It appears that the roadbed for the new high-banked curve is finished, and lane changes on 76 started today.

Edit: No, more rock going down today. Changes underway on the existing 76, too, around the 265 intersection.

Last edited by NotJLB; 10-01-2014 at 04:36 PM.
Old 10-16-2014, 03:05 PM   #79
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

I've been meaning to say that the base coat of asphalt is down on the new curve, and there really is not one less curve. There is one less curvy curve.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:06 AM   #80
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

Now it's the signal at 76 and 265 that's screwed up. Traffic backed up almost all the time, especially at drive time and after shows.

I emailed the guy that fixes stuff like that.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:25 PM   #81
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Now it's the signal at 76 and 265 that's screwed up. Traffic backed up almost all the time, especially at drive time and after shows.

I emailed the guy that fixes stuff like that.
He says it will only be screwed up for about 4 weeks, but he'll go check out the cycle timing.

I went through there at 6 AM today and had to wait for the 265 cycle and then the left turn cycle, with no traffic at all using them. For that time of day there was a pretty significant line going nowhere.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:59 AM   #82
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
He says it will only be screwed up for about 4 weeks, but he'll go check out the cycle timing.

I went through there at 6 AM today and had to wait for the 265 cycle and then the left turn cycle, with no traffic at all using them. For that time of day there was a pretty significant line going nowhere.
I had suggested to the MODOT guy that a flashing red might work (4-way stop). He said that would not happen.

Then, when DW went through there at drivetime yesterday, it was 4-way flashing red. That may have been temporary, because some workers were doing some things, or because he was there to observe, to see how it works.

DW said it was working fine, with everyone having just a brief wait and none having a long wait.

I also suggested having a traffic cop there, with a whistle, directing traffic during heavy SDC drivetime.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:14 PM   #83
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

DW just said it was not flashing red today, but the cycle is different, and there was no long delay. & there were two MODOT vehicles sitting there.

Maybe the lefthand turn is not getting a green light for itself now.
Old 10-23-2014, 04:09 PM   #84
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

DW just called from the new road, which she is driving on.

Just 2 lanes.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:48 PM   #85
LSUGranny

Lane changes.....

We were in Branson last week. On the way in to Indian Point, we almost hit a car that was trying to turn left off 76 into the resort there. We had the arrow to turn left off 265 onto 76, so he couldn't have had a light to turn, but he tried to. Hubby and I both had racing hearts when we got through that intersection. I think the other driver was confused by the lane changes there. We went through the intersection many times last week and there were always people who seemed to be unsure of what to do/where to go. Hope it's finished soon.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:49 AM   #86
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUGranny View Post
We were in Branson last week. On the way in to Indian Point, we almost hit a car that was trying to turn left off 76 into the resort there. We had the arrow to turn left off 265 onto 76, so he couldn't have had a light to turn, but he tried to. Hubby and I both had racing hearts when we got through that intersection. I think the other driver was confused by the lane changes there. We went through the intersection many times last week and there were always people who seemed to be unsure of what to do/where to go. Hope it's finished soon.
That's what I told the MODOT guy, and, like always, he/they did respond, and were out there trying to improve it.

& yes, it will be over soon, so drivers can continue the race across the 4-lane section a little further.
Old 10-27-2014, 08:15 PM   #87
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
Any pictures?
Picture is in this thread.

http://www.1branson.com/forum/t74935.html

Closed Thread