1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Missouri Other

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 03:41 PM   #16
OkieAnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalmatianDad View Post
At least one good thing about this project is that it will help unsnarl some of the SDC traffic. Now you get into 4 lanes over the bridge only to go down to 2 lanes which then goes back to 4 lanes at the light. Problem is, either way you end up funneled into one lane if you are going to SDC.
and there's always those idiots that think they are smarter than everyone else and rather than sit in the slower moving lane they'll get in the outside lane at the bridge to find it suddenly ends... or going to SDC to find out that .... Hey I can't turn into SDC from this lane, someone please let me in.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:03 PM   #17
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieAnon View Post
and there's always those idiots that think they are smarter than everyone else and rather than sit in the slower moving lane they'll get in the outside lane at the bridge to find it suddenly ends... or going to SDC to find out that .... Hey I can't turn into SDC from this lane, someone please let me in.
They don't suddenly find out anything! They know exactly What they are doing. They are more important than others, and must be first. Or at least ahead of the people they cut off to get back in the lane that doesn't end.
Old 07-11-2014, 05:08 PM   #18
Crazy4Branson
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
They don't suddenly find out anything! They know exactly What they are doing. They are more important than others, and must be first. Or at least ahead of the people they cut off to get back in the lane that doesn't end.
I see fools pull this stunt on The Strip.... They pull out of the line of traffic, roar up the "turning/emergency lane" for a few 100 yards, then try to worm their way back into the line of traffic...
Usually some city dude in a new shiny extended cab Escalade or Suburban..
Old 07-11-2014, 09:19 PM   #19
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

Wow! I actually looked over at the ravine they are going to fill to build the new road.

In that same area, has anyone else noticed that the smart lights at the OMH exit onto 76 aren't smart any more. They appear to be timed now, and not well. That seems to have happened during the paving.

"The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is."
Winston Churchill

Last edited by NotJLB; 07-12-2014 at 08:18 AM.
Old 07-12-2014, 07:57 AM   #20
OkieAnon

Quote:
I know, I was being sarcastic. I always laugh when one attempts this and then nobody will let them in, figure serves them right.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:23 AM   #21
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

Then it's on to fixing the rest of West 76 HWY, right?

http://www.1branson.com/forum/showth...ht=west+76+hwy

"The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is."
Winston Churchill
Old 07-12-2014, 08:31 AM   #22
OkieAnon

I remember reading a few years ago there was a news story that SDC was planning to connect or add to their parking by expanding east and having an entrance to the road that goes to the dam, 265 isn't it.. somewhere in the area of the Wilderness campgrounds.

at the time it sounded like this was a sure thing, never heard a word about it since.
Old 07-12-2014, 08:38 AM   #23
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
I remember reading a few years ago there was a news story that SDC was planning to connect or add to their parking by expanding east and having an entrance to the road that goes to the dam, 265 isn't it.. somewhere in the area of the Wilderness campgrounds.

at the time it sounded like this was a sure thing, never heard a word about it since.
That idea probably was replaced by the TIF that re-routed Indian Point Road.

At peak time, the only thing that will unblock the block from the east on 76 HWY is a righthand exit lane to SDC/IPR and a flyover for 76 HWY traffic not exiting at IPR, in either direction.

The block does not just back up 76 HWY all the way to the strip, it also blocks eastbound 76 HWY at IPR, like it will be today when I head to work.

But, the TIF was probably the one chance at doing something meaningful.

Winston Churchill
Old 07-12-2014, 10:07 AM   #24
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

If the link works, here's a flyover going to the beaches in Ft. Myers:

https://www.google.com/maps/@26.5205...OG9L6Gh7qQ!2e0

Here's another variation on the same road later on, straight going to Sanibel/Captiva and the exit going to Ft. Myers Beach.

https://www.google.com/maps/@26.4940...-8V21vUPjw!2e0

Needless to say, both replaced occasionally very busy intersections.

Winston Churchill

Last edited by NotJLB; 07-12-2014 at 10:11 AM.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:18 AM   #25
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

KY3 has a few more details. Project does start 7/21 and most of the work is supposed to be done at night. That will really make it challenging traveling to and from SDC for Old Time Christmas in November and December.

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/branso...48998_26972690
Old 07-16-2014, 09:31 AM   #26
Crazy4Branson
Super Ultra Member

Appears to me, that this multi-million dollar project, done with taxpayers' money is being done mostly for the benefit of SDC's customers & owners.....

If SDC was not in that location, there would be no need to turn 76 into a 4-lane super slab..... jmo
Old 07-16-2014, 10:51 AM   #27
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotJLB View Post
If the link works, here's a flyover going to the beaches in Ft. Myers:

https://www.google.com/maps/@26.5205...OG9L6Gh7qQ!2e0

Here's another variation on the same road later on, straight going to Sanibel/Captiva and the exit going to Ft. Myers Beach.

https://www.google.com/maps/@26.4940...-8V21vUPjw!2e0

Needless to say, both replaced occasionally very busy intersections.
We have an even cooler intersection in Springfield. Of course it hadn't been a true intersection before, but a typical highway interchange. But the flyover has made an unbelievable improvement in traffic flow in the area. I'm sure it cost a ton of money but it was worth it!

https://www.google.com/maps/search/H.../data=!3m1!1e3

Good Times in Branson
Old 07-16-2014, 11:59 AM   #28
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Branson View Post
Appears to me, that this multi-million dollar project, done with taxpayers' money is being done mostly for the benefit of SDC's customers & owners.....

If SDC was not in that location, there would be no need to turn 76 into a 4-lane super slab..... jmo
I guess all those SDC customers, SDC employees, and HFE don't pay any of those taxes.
If Branson wasn't in the location it is in there wouldn't have been a need to spend millions on 65 either!
Old 07-16-2014, 12:08 PM   #29
MNtraveler
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
I guess all those SDC customers, SDC employees, and HFE don't pay any of those taxes.
If Branson wasn't in the location it is in there wouldn't have been a need to spend millions on 65 either!

EXACTLY!!

And I'm sure the 65/60 Flyover cost 10-20 times what the improvements to 76 are costing.

Good Times in Branson
Old 07-16-2014, 05:17 PM   #30
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

A chicken feed project compared to Ozark Mountain Highroad . . . and who was it built to benefit?

Winston Churchill

Closed Thread