1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Branson Vacation Information & More > Branson Lodging

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 08:30 PM   #1
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Classic Motor Inn review

DH and I made a quick trip to Branson on Tuesday night as an extension of a business trip. We stayed at the Classic Motor Inn on Shepherd of the Hills Expressway; it is open all year.

Our very clean room had 2 queen beds, a microwave, fridge, table with 2 chairs, a hair dryer, and an iron and ironing board. Vanity is outside in bedroom area with toilet and tub/shower in separate room. There is a liquid soap dispenser near the sink and in the shower. Bar soap is also provided as well as packets of makeup remover cloths.

Decor is the green/maroon/blue that was popular in the 90s. TV is an older model (not flat screen) with Branson area cable TV. Free wi-fi. There is a phone and alarm clock on the bedside table. The air conditioning/heating unit was relatively quiet and there was a setting for the fan to run constantly instead of cycling on and off. Beds were comfortable.

In the evening there are chocolate chip cookies and popcorn available for free in the lobby. Breakfast consisted of cereal, toast, toaster waffles, bagels, biscuits and gravy. In the winter breakfast is served in the lobby and is served in the breakfast room the rest of the year. There is an outdoor pool which is open during the warmer months.

The motel now has a frequent stay program and after 5 separate visits you get a night free. Our cost for one night was $39.06 (tax included, winter discounted rate).

We do not spend much time in a motel room when we are in Branson. We basically use it to sleep and shower and watch a little TV. If that is what you need when you visit Branson, I would recommend Classic Motor Inn. We have stayed here several times and will definitely go back.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:35 PM   #2
QueenAngie
Super Ultra Member

Thank you for the motel information. Always good to know when things are clean and enjoyable!
Old 03-22-2014, 10:53 PM   #3
rjw1991A1
Super Ultra Member

Thanks. Always handy I to know a decent, reasonable place for a possible last minute Branson fix. One question if you happen to have noticed. Are the pet friendly? DW always has to bring Bucky the Pomeranian with us.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:50 AM   #4
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjw1991A1 View Post
Thanks. Always handy I to know a decent, reasonable place for a possible last minute Branson fix. One question if you happen to have noticed. Are the pet friendly? DW always has to bring Bucky the Pomeranian with us.
I am not sure. I know that in the past the woman working the desk (Katy?) has had a small dog with her. Not sure if she had the dog this time because DH handled check in.
Old 03-23-2014, 03:49 PM   #5
Linda Kay
Ultra Member

Is Mountain Music Inn still open? We used to stay there a lot, and they had the same deal on staying so many nights and getting one free.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:58 PM   #6
teacherkim
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Kay View Post
Is Mountain Music Inn still open? We used to stay there a lot, and they had the same deal on staying so many nights and getting one free.
It's a Motel 6 now. I don't know if they have the frequent stay program or not.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:56 PM   #7
82corvette
Ultra Member

We have stayed at Classic a couple times & thought it was a nice clean place to stay.
Old 04-04-2014, 07:41 PM   #8
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Classic Review King Room

We are back in Branson and staying at Classic again. This time we are in a King room. In a king room you also get a recliner which DH is enjoying. We are in a room on the lowest level in the back. While wi-fi does work back here, the signal is stronger in the rooms in the front.

While we have been here we have noticed that carpets are being cleaned.
Old 06-11-2014, 06:48 PM   #9
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

Pet Friendly?

Yes Classic is Pet friendly, and smoker friendly.... I don't believe there is deposit or additional charge,,, Just bring you furry family member along
Old 06-11-2014, 10:43 PM   #10
maamaa2001
Ultra Member

Had to have me some toaster waffles this morning! Hey thanks for the review!
Old 06-12-2014, 07:07 AM   #11
biscuitcreek
Super Ultra Member

Stayed again at Classic earlier this month. The room we had this time had a flat screen TV. I think they are slowly replacing all of the TVs.
Old 06-13-2014, 04:44 AM   #12
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

maamaa your right their toaster breakfast is good... I like the French toast.~ amazing the flavor on those things,,,, the biscuits and gravy aint bad either!....

was their last month again, love that place......

If you decide to stay their, tell Katy at the desk, Dan from kansas sent ya.!. I live in Kansas and love to send people her way... especially since I am 5 hours away!
Old 06-13-2014, 09:58 AM   #13
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitcreek View Post
Stayed again at Classic earlier this month. The room we had this time had a flat screen TV. I think they are slowly replacing all of the TVs.
Do you know whether the $39 rate you got on a previous trip is offered now that we are more into peak season?

I stay at Grand Crowne & get a whole condo for that, but the price doubles on weekends; so if I stay an extra couple nights on the weekends, I look for finishing out my stay at a motel with a budget rate like that, and your review makes me feel good about Classic Motor Inn. Thanks!
Old 06-13-2014, 11:57 AM   #14
sanddunerider
Super Ultra Member

winter/summer rates

can'tcatchup: that is their winter rate, But if you talk to Katy at the front desk, and give her my name., ((Just tell her Dan from Lyndon, ks.)).... she might be able to help you with a discount.. I send a lot of people her way and she tries to help with the room rates if she can.....
Old 06-13-2014, 02:29 PM   #15
can'tcatchup
Super Ultra Member

Looks like the rate right now is $55.95/night, and in November when I'll be in Branson, it's $64.95. I would really like to get something closer to $40 or so; I have a bit of time so I'm not in a rush right now.

Closed Thread