1 Branson. com MO Forum

Welcome to 1 Branson. com

Go Back   1Branson.com > Living in Branson > Local Branson / Tri-Lakes Area Issues

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 07:03 PM   #1
Ms_Terese
Local Member

La Iguana - both locations closed

http://www.kspr.com/news/kspr-feds-9...,6868505.story

6:14 p.m. CDT, July 17, 2013
BRANSON, Mo. -- A popular Branson restaurant is closed after federal agents found nine pounds worth of methamphetamine.

La Iguana is a California-style Mexican restaurant off the Highway 76 strip. Tuesday afternoon, witnesses said, federal agents raided it and an apartment complex about two miles away. A day after the raid, La Iguana in Branson and another one in Branson West had county signs in the window announcing its abrupt closure.

"This establishment is closed until further notice by the Taney County Health Department," read Tom Cisneros. His company, Ozark Window Tinting, worked on the restaurant's building. Cisneros is also a loyal customer.

"This is actually a great place to eat. I'm from California, so I know all the good Mexican food and this is authentic California tacos and food and it is the best," said Cisneros. "Whatever reason they had for closing, I hope they open up soon!"

Another man, Dennis Johnson, agreed with Cisneros.

"They are all good people," he said of the owners. "I'm an ex-chef and my wife and I just love this place. It's inexpensive; the food is always authentic Southern Californian."

According to a public affairs officer with the Homeland Security Investigations department of the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, special agents with ICE's Homeland Security Investigations, DEA and officers with the Missouri Department of Revenue, Branson Police Department and the Taney County Sheriff's Office all took part in a "law enforcement operation."

Witnesses said about 10 federal agents raided La Iguana around 2:00 p.m. Tuesday. Most of the agents drove in unmarked black vehicles and some of them had DEA across their chests. Witnesses said they watched as a Branson police car blocked off an area of the parking lot to interested people passing by the busy street.

Neighbors said La Iguana is more than just a place to get something to eat. Owners also run a check cashing business, money transfer operation, and sell international phone cards.

"I send money back to my sister all the time in Mexico," one man said as he attempted to open the door.

Signs posted in English and Spanish also advertise the services.

Federal agents said the restaurant and a unit at The Vineyards Apartment Complex were part of the raid. An investigator said about nine pounds or four kilos of methamphetamine were found. Police believe the drugs originated from Mexico.

An agent said two people were arrested. Witnesses nearby report a familiar person being taken out of the restaurant in handcuffs. They said the man was born and raised in Mexico and is not a U.S. citizen.

No one has been charged in the raid.

The Karma Farmer Blog
Old 07-17-2013, 07:48 PM   #2
TJefferson
Super Ultra Member

Might explain why my burrito had a certain addictive flavor last time I visited.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:00 AM   #3
HowdoFolks

It does not surprise me, that crap is all over the place.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:17 AM   #4
beezylou

bummer.. I liked the food there
Old 07-18-2013, 11:17 AM   #5
Zach7777
Pirate Fan

theres another location on 165 near Fall Creek, i always go there....not for the food tho. I'll check it out on my way to work today.

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"
Patrick Henry
American Patriot

Old 07-18-2013, 03:34 PM   #6
gritsncatfish
Banned

The tamales and street tacos were the best in Branson.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:57 PM   #7
VictoriasMom
Ultra Member

They had the best Mexican food!
Old 07-18-2013, 10:13 PM   #8
Zach7777
Pirate Fan

As I suspected, the 165 location at Fall Creek is also closed.

"Are we at last brought to such humiliating and debasing degradation, that we cannot be trusted with arms for our defense? Where is the difference between having our arms in possession and under our direction and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"
Patrick Henry
American Patriot

Old 07-19-2013, 09:56 AM   #9
shis1
Str8fn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach7777 View Post
As I suspected, the 165 location at Fall Creek is also closed.
I read in the paper last week that this location had failed to pass Health Dept Inspection........but they did not close them down for that failure.....guess they were giving them a chance to correct the issues, but the drugs at the other place got em!
Old 07-19-2013, 02:53 PM   #10
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

Well, so much for the best Methican discussion!

Oh, did I listhp? Thorry.

Old 07-19-2013, 05:24 PM   #11
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotJLB View Post
Well, so much for the best Methican discussion!
I thought that was funny.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:12 PM   #12
NotJLB
Super Ultra Member

Oh yeah . . .

So much for the local pseudoephedrine ban, that has screwed so many of us legal drug users over, designed to squelched our meth problem.

Old 07-19-2013, 06:27 PM   #13
Crazy4Branson
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Oh yeah . . .
So much for the local pseudoephedrine ban, that has screwed so many of us legal drug users over, designed to squelched our meth problem.
Ain't that the truth ?!?!?!?!

Where do you get 9 pounds! of meth!?!!!?!
Was it made locally or shipped in..........?
Old 07-19-2013, 06:46 PM   #14
MelanieHamilton
Super Ultra Member

Quote:
Oh yeah . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4Branson View Post
Ain't that the truth ?!?!?!?!

Where do you get 9 pounds! of meth!?!!!?!
Was it made locally or shipped in..........?
I SO agree! I feel quite certain that it wasn't "shipped in". NINE POUNDS!
Old 07-19-2013, 10:28 PM   #15
Zach7777
Pirate Fan

No need to be so critical, in this time we are living in ya gotta do whatever to make an......ummmmmm...... to make a living.

Patrick Henry
American Patriot

Closed Thread